Found Safe MD - Kaitlyn George, 21, College Park, 10 November 2016

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by los2188, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Lamima

Lamima Well-Known Member

So she was missing classes and was dealing with something according to friend. Maybe her major was too much for her and she wasn't doing well. If her mom is paying tuition, maybe she feels guilt for possibly wasting her mom's money, given that she is single mom of four. I will have three kids in college next year and I am married, yet it will still be a hardship. Can't imagine being a single mom of four. I live near UMD and one of my DDs considered going there. It is expensive and they take more out of state students to get more $, with out of state tuition.

As for human trafficking...she doesn't fit. She has seemed to make the plans to leave and deceive everyone. I wonder if she might be at a women's shelter???? There are a few places. Maybe she was in some sort of abusive relationship in some way.

2. Dockins

Dockins Well-Known Member

It has been on the local Baltimore stations, as well as their websites and fbs.

3. Alexsea

Alexsea Well-Known Member

It's been on the DC news every night too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

I haven't watched the news but her missing story has been on social media news accounts in my area of NJ (where she grew up and where she still has family).

5. bessythecat

bessythecat New Member

I wonder if she is experiencing paranoia and/or mania? Perhaps from use of drugs or genetics which could be why police don't think she involved in foul play.

6. BloodHoundSleuther

BloodHoundSleuther Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if Kaitlyn was into politics? Ever since the election, there have been numerous protests in Baltimore and at colleges and high schools in the area. Also, considering the reports of Kaitlyn being harassed/threatened, could this be due to political viewpoints? It's no secret social media, specifically facebook, has been filled with drama due to political discourse. Iv'e seen many posts myself regarding people loosing friends and fighting amounst one another due to differing political viewpoints. Just throwing this thought out there as no other explanation makes sense!

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/students-across-maryland-protest-trump-election/8288195

7. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

I didn't mean the news, I meant social media. Family/friends & boyfriend are not sharing this hardly. Not everyone watches the news, just like me.

8. Dockins

I had the same thought, but didn't realize you weren't talking about newscasts. Sorry.

9. RDGirl

RDGirl Member

Snipped by me

No, it's not a popular meeting spot. It's actually kind of a terrible place to meet because there's really no parking lot. The only lot has a gatehouse and you have to pay to park. There's a grocery store and a little strip mall only a few blocks away that would be much better as a meeting spot. There's also a public park and a well known museum pretty much across the street.

I didn't even think you could get back into there without going through a security gate, but I was wrong about that. The Harborview Marina, which I don't even think a lot of people know is there, is a really random location. I only know about it because real estate is a hobby and I'm familiar with the condos and the Ritz Carlton Residences over there. There are so many more recognizable landmarks within blocks of the marina. It's very odd that she went there.

10. Dockins

I haven't read the comments from the friend who said she had been missing classes and dealing with something. My mind went immediately to unplanned pregnancy perhaps for some soul searching. Maybe the SUV she met up with was a lover, maybe even married, and that's why no one knows who this is. She doesn't look like she is into drugs or anything nefarious. I thought for sure she would have turned up by now safely.
    I'm sincerely not trying to say anything bad, just that's the only thing I could come up with that explains no one coming forward about picking her up in the SUV by the marina, and her still be missing after not showing up to meet her boyfriend for a planned trip.

11. steelman

steelman Former Member

This girl took off.........voluntarily.

Reason unknown.

As Ricky Ricardo would say, "You got a lotta esplainin' to do ! "

12. RDGirl

RDGirl Member

That's a really good point about why the driver of the SUV hasn't come forward. Would that be considered impeding a police investigation? Could that person face charges if they don't come forward? They have to realize she's missing, it's been all over the news and UMD sent out a news blast to current students and alumni. So they must know and still not be saying anything. Interesting...

13. drjones

drjones Former Member

interesting question, since it is not against any law for her to have gone missing voluntarily, i dont think it would be illegal for someone to not report her if she told them she did not want them to as long as no other crime is/has been committed. that is just a guess tho.

14. RDGirl

RDGirl Member

Yea, I guess I was just thinking that since there is a police investigation into her whereabouts that SUV driver would be hindering that investigation, and that is something that you can be prosecuted for.

15. Dockins

I agree with you. It's almost always lying to police that get people in trouble.

16. WeatherGuy29

WeatherGuy29 New Member

Latest from University of Maryland and Prince George's PD, released at 9:43 PM, Tuesday, 15 November 2016:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

Baltimore Police photo from Greyhound station-she definitely could be going off the grid for a time based on attire and pack

Attached Files:

18. momthebomb

momthebomb Member

It was in one article that I read in which they interviewed a neighbor from her home town of Toms River that the father died many years ago. Kaitlyn is the oldest of four daughters and the rock of the family. I'm hoping and praying that maybe she just needed a break. Although, judging from pictures I have seen on SM and other places, it looks like a very close family so it is kind of hard to imagine that she would allow them to worry like this.

19. savagewoman

savagewoman Well-Known Member

at first I thought she was being blackmailed or something. Now after seeing the Greyhound pic, she is hiding her hair and ditched the pink bag. Definitely a low budget running from someone or something to another low budget hideout.

20. Inspector Gidget

Inspector Gidget Well-Known Member

This might seem far fetched ,could she be in going into a Witness Protection Program? Maybe she was harassed because she over heard something or saw a crime take place.Thinking on all the transportation she took ,makes me think she was trying to escape from something without being tracked.This would also make sense that she wouldn't tell anyone she was leaving ,because their life could be in danger as well.