Found Safe MD - Kaitlyn George, 21, College Park, 10 November 2016

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by los2188, Nov 11, 2016.

1. momthebomb

momthebomb Member

There was one SM page of a woman with the same last name. After viewing her page I took it to be an aunt. She had posted several of the news articles and people were commenting that they were praying for her niece. If I remember correctly, she (the aunt) was not from this area.

One more thing I would like to add. Kaitlyn is obviously a lover of the outdoors. Many of her pictures are of camping, kayaking, hiking, etc. I'm guessing that if she did leave of her own accord, she may be planning to camp or rough it in nature given that she does have that backpack with her. I wonder if the roomies noticed in the last couple of days whether or not she was stocking up or packing necessities to live on outdoors. Seriously, how much money could she possibly have as a student.? Which also brings me to another thought.....have they checked her bank account? Has it been active? For some reason they have said that LI cannot track her phone, but I haven't heard anything about credit or bank cards. Anyone else????? Thoughts???

2. Inspector Gidget

Inspector Gidget Well-Known Member

I noticed that too,they are not as worried as in the beginning which tells me they must know she is alright and had a legitimate reason for leaving.I believe LE knows much more and is letting a little out to satisfy the media and public.We may never know the whole story.JMO
    I also saw on her FB page that she works for Boeing,not sure if she still does.They work with the military and have high security clearances .Might be a secret location she is working at on a big project.Just another thought.to throw around.

3. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

Thanks...I'll​ add to the case map. Brb...

4. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

OK, so she is on the move. I am still worried about her though. Something is bothering her.

5. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

Right using WeatherGuy's info & Dizzy's picture (Thank you!) I have updated the Case Map.

Okay, so shes travelled quite a distance and 5 days after this we don't know if she has travelled on further or which stop she got off the bus at.

6. drjones

drjones Former Member

she could have jumped off the bus in richmond then caught a bus to charlottesville and been there around 9:30 that night.

that would be leading her to an area that she hiked (camped?) last spring...

maybe she met someone down there? maybe it was a "euphoric" experience and now that she is struggling with something and wants to get away that area has a strong draw?

if she in the middle of a mental health crisis that might seem like the perfect place to go hideout and lets just say it might not end well...

all complete speculation.

7. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

Oh Kaitlyn, please call your mother! :(

8. Eileen730

Eileen730 Former Member

Could this young lady be overwhelmed?
    Aerospace engineering. Rock of the family. Maybe she needed Kaitlyn time.
    She should call someone but sometimes we don't always do the right thing. She is maybe angry at some ppl. We don't know.
    I'm glad there are sightings of her and I hope for her the best.

9. BloodHoundSleuther

BloodHoundSleuther Well-Known Member

Im hoping law enforcement is tracking her finances. Based on her appearance, she looks as if she's prepared to brave the elements. It definitely seems odd to travel to Federal Hill only to be picked up by an SUV, then catch a Charm City Connector in the morning, all to end up at the Baltimore Greyhound bus station. That seems like she's trying to illude someone. Why not just go directly to the Greyhound bus station?

10. steelman

steelman Former Member

Well..........she is a college student.................maybe she's seeking out a safe space.

11. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

Omg that made me laugh right out loud!!

12. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Why did she travel all the way up to Baltimore only to come south again? She could have easily gone to the bus station in Washington, DC it's much closer to College Park than Baltimore!?!

13. RPsleuth

RPsleuth Member

Do you know where she camped at last year near Charlottesville? That's an important piece of info for detectives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Dockins

Dockins Well-Known Member

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I think she should be left alone unless there are documented mental or physical diagnosis. She is allowed to leave of her own free will, and appears to not be in danger. The true dynamics of her relationships aren't known. There have been a few other cases in here where someone just left, and didn't want to be found or contact loved ones. It's pretty creepy to think you cannot do that without every move you make being broadcasted all over the country. She may not be acting responsibly or ethically, but so far nothing she has done has been illegal. Im happy to see she appears safe, and hope she makes contact, but at this time, it's really no ones business what she is doing. I know LE has to try to make contact, but they don't need to broadcast her info as though they are tracking a common criminal. There are so many people missing under suspicious circumstances who never get half this attention, while Kaitlyn is obviously alive and moving about of her own free will.

15. RPsleuth

RPsleuth Member

I'm sure her loved ones want to be sure she is safe. Would you let your kid disappear and not try to help if your kid is actually having a mental breakdown of sorts? Many times the results are not good. To disconnect from everyone is not normal behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. SuzDuJour

SuzDuJour Well-Known Member

I lived in Federal Hill for many years. It's famous for the Pub Crawl, where young people go bar to bar, there are bars on every corner. On Friday nights they block the streets at Cross Street Market and it's a popular meeting place. Always a ton of cabs around. The Baltimore Circulator is a free bus that serves the city and even a few suburbs like Glen Bernie. Federal Hill is walking distance to the baseball and football stadiums and there are always a bunch of people around. It is also next to really dangerous areas, too.

17. darring21

darring21 My comments are IMO JMO MOO AFAIK etc.

I agree. What if this was a wife fleeing an abusive husband who puts on a concerned face and reports her missing. Should the police broadcast her movements to the public? How is this different? It's one thing for the police to figure out someone's movements and attempt to make contact to verify their health and safety. Broadcasting an adult's travels because someone reported them missing... seems a bit too far.

18. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

Yes she is an adult and she is allowed to go off on her own but she could have met someone with bad intentions. Be struggling mentally etc. She knows if she did this there is a chance she could be on the news so it's not like its unexpected for her to be on the news etc.

Despite the fact that people may go off and be happy for whatever amount of time, I think everyone deserves to have the chance to be saved.

19. Dockins

Dockins Well-Known Member

20. Alexsea

Alexsea Well-Known Member

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk