GUILTY MD - Kami Ring, 10, raped & murdered, Port Deposit, 9 June 2013

Joce Sterman ‏@jocefromABC2 11m
Stepdad says Kami Ring was 5th grader at Charlestown Elementary. With school out, he says she was staying with relatives for the week

Joce Sterman ‏@jocefromABC2 15m
Stepdad of Kami Ring says she was "Model 10 year old"....tells us Kami was staying somewhere "she felt safe"

Kathleen Cairns ‏@CairnsKcairns 30m WBFF
At the scene in Cecil county right now where a missing 10 year old girl has been found dead. Details on fox45 pic.twitter.com/NhzXbGI8pj

FOX Baltimore ‏@FOXBaltimore 5m
.@CairnsKCairns at the scene where a 10-year-old #CecilCounty girl Kami Ring was found deceased last night http://bddy.me/1a13F5u

Joce Sterman ‏@jocefromABC2 1m
State police say appears foul play involved in Kami Ring case. There is a person of interest in custody. Homicide detectives investigating

Joce Sterman ‏@jocefromABC2 11m
Should add that I think "relative" is a loose term in this story...as in aunts, uncles, cousins are truly family friends

Joce Sterman ‏@jocefromABC2 57m
Kami's stepdad also says she has 2 siblings who were not with her at relatives house. Says those 2 are being cared for by social services

Joce Sterman ‏@jocefromABC2 58m
Ring family tells me they have not been able to see Kami's body. She's still in Medical Examiner's custody

State police say appears foul play involved in Kami Ring case. There is a person of interest in custody. Homicide detectives investigating

Excellent news!

MSP wouldnt identify person of interest in Ring case. Family members gave us name. We're holding it back until they confirm

Eye On Annapolis ‏@eyeonannapolis 23m
@jocefromABC2 the person not related living in the grandparents house? This story is disturbing on so many levels.

@eyeonannapolis It's condusibg. Grandparents are more foster grandparents/stepgrandparents. Other person is "relative" too

@eyeonannapolis Ooops!! Confusing. Deleting that tweet. Lol

Conversation: https://twitter.com/jocefromABC2/status/344512922812305408

WTH? Using tractors to mow the large grass in effort to locate evidence? Seriously? What if the evidence gets mown?

That makes no common sense IMO.

WTH? Using tractors to mow the large grass in effort to locate evidence? Seriously? What if the evidence gets mown?

That makes no common sense IMO.

I found that... fascinating. :facepalm:

What a beautiful sweet girl!

Fly with the angels, Kami!

My bet is on the "person related to the grandmother."
But that's just me.
I have plenty of "grandparents" that aren't biologically related.
They are more of a grandparent to me than the biological ones.

Joce Sterman ‏@jocefromABC2 3m
Kami Ring's family talks to us about 10-yr-old's death. Also have latest on the investigation in live report @ABC2NEWS at 5

Joce Sterman ‏@jocefromABC2 20m
Just updated our online story on Kami Ring. Video uploading shortly if you missed our interview with family http://tinyurl.com/ksab3qu

ABC2 spoke with Rick Dean, Kami's stepfather. He says the girl had been staying at the home on Waibel Road at the time of her disappearance with a couple he considers her grandparents. Another man also lived in the home. Dean says Kami was a straight-A student at Charlestown Elementary School. He tells ABC2, "She was a model 10-year old. The best kid you could ever have."

Kami has two siblings, but Dean says they were not staying at the home. He indicated Kami's brother and sister are being cared for by social services.

snipped

Kami's godmother, Katrina Clark, says her death still hasn't sunk in, "It's just still raw, still new, still unbelievable."

MSP spokeswoman Elena Russo says it appears foul play was involved. Russo says Ring's grandparents and the man living in their home were questioned, with a person of interest taken into custody. State Police would not confirm the identity of that individual. ABC2 is withholding the individual's name pending confirmation.

Kami's cause and manner of death are still under investigation.

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/region/cecil_county/missing-10-year-old-found-dead#ixzz2VwoQPeHI

Kami's stepdad on Tuesday told FOX45 she was excited to spend the weekend with her grandmother and said he thinks the person responsible for her death must have been someone Kami knew.

"It had to have been an inside job," Her stepfather said. "Because we've taught her to scream at the top of her lungs if something ever happened - to yell 'danger, danger.'"

There were three people at the residence where Kami was staying – including one man she called "uncle." Maryland State Police on Tuesday announced a "person of interest" had been taken into custody – but said investigators were also looking at other leads – and did not identify the person in custody.

"Whoever it was, she had trust in that person," her stepfather said.

http://foxbaltimore.com/news/featur...own-her-killer-20362.shtml?wap=0#.Ubeil_mbMSM

My daughter is FB friends with the guy who lives in the house with the "grandparents" He stated that his niece was missing on his FB. Guy in his 20's, not on SO list for the area
Officials with the Charlestown branch of the Boys & Girls Club of Cecil County, of which Ring was a member, also say that they will be holding a candlelight vigil for Kami at Long Point Park in Charlestown on Wednesday at 8 p.m

Maryland police find 10-year-old girl dead in a field just 60 yards in front of her grandparents' home where she went missing

•Kami Ring was last seen Sunday night in her grandparents' house in Port Deposit, Md.
•She was reported missing Monday morning and police scoured the area near her grandparents' home for several hours before discovering the body
•Police have 'several leads and persons of interest'
•A cause of death has yet to be determined

"According to WBAL a window screen of the bedroom where she was staying had been pushed out."
"Another relative of the little girl's grandmother was also staying in the house."

Hinky that screen was pushed from inside the room. Wondering who the relative is.

Condolences to her family.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dparents-home-went-missing.html#ixzz2Vx6drdwx
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

My daughter is FB friends with the guy who lives in the house with the "grandparents" He stated that his niece was missing on his FB. Guy in his 20's, not on SO list for the area

I hope they get to the bottom of this soon! :please: Thanks for letting us know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back