MD MD - Karen Kamsch, 14, Pasadena, 1976

Discussion in '1970's Missing' started by Rle7, Sep 2, 2007.

1. imamaze

imamaze Former Member

2. imamaze

imamaze Former Member

Articles wrote in 2007, posting these since the articles above are no longer working links.

Teen missing since 1976 believed to be slaying victim

Anne Arundel County police detectives said they suspect the disappearance of a teenager more than 30 years ago was a homicide and have been talking to a person of interest in the case.

Police said Tuesday that the Aug. 29 search on Wishing Rock Road was linked to the disappearance of Karen Beth Kamsch, who was 14 at the time of her disappearance.

Four months ago, someone called police to report that Kamsch had been missing from her grandmother's home in Pasadena since the winter of 1976...More...

Test Results awaited in 1976 disappearance

Police officially reopen 1976 case of missing girl

In the winter of 1976, Karen Beth Kamsch vanished from her grandmother's Pasadena home and was never heard from again...More...

3. amber1

amber1 New Member

I am in absolute disbelief that she has been missing since 1976 and not reported until 2007!?!?!?!
    How could anyone go that long without checking up on their child?
    How can they just write them away as a runaway and give up on them?

I am positive the family has to be hiding something. That's the only logical answer. Reminds me of the Michelle Pulsifer case.

Elainera likes this.
  4. forthelost

forthelost I hear the angels call my name and I am Winterborn

5. Rle7

Rle7 Active Member

6. Richard

Richard Well-Known Member

Thirty five years have now passed since Karen Beth Kamsch disappeared.

7. HeatherWynne

HeatherWynne New Member

Was there ever any positive ID made for the remains in the well?

8. Richard

Here is what the news papers reported initially about possible remains in a well:

... Three months after a man called Anne Arundel County police looking for answers about the mysterious disappearance of his 14-year-old sister in 1976, homicide investigators say they have zeroed in on a "person of interest" in the case and await test results to determine whether the girl's remains were found last week in a well outside her former home.

Anne Arundel police Lt. David Waltemeyer said yesterday that forensic archeologists would examine evidence recovered Aug. 29 in a 20-foot-deep well at 51 Wishing Rock Rd., Pasadena, the address from which Karen Beth Kamsch reportedly disappeared 31 years ago. Waltemeyer said he could not "say we have found something or haven't found something" without the expert analysis.

"After 30 years of being in water in a deep well, we would not expect to find intact human remains," Waltemeyer said. ...

... Waltemeyer said investigators were drawn to the well by a cadaver search dog from Baltimore County and a tip from one of the people they had interviewed. The dried-up well had been capped. He said police found "certain things" that were not to be expected "at the bottom of a well after 30 years." ...

I have not seen anything further as to what the results of any testing was, or as to who the mystery "person of interest" was.

Does anyone else have any updates to this case?

9. NocturnalLady

NocturnalLady New Member

Elainera likes this.
  10. NocturnalLady

NocturnalLady New Member

Elainera likes this.
  11. MinnieVanMommie

MinnieVanMommie New Member

I teach a forensic science class....We ruled this out...but the pics were so close!
    "The Doe Network" : International Center for Unidentified & Missing Persons
    Case File: 20UFNJ

Attached Files:

Elainera likes this.
  12. amber1

amber1 New Member

Thank you for the updates! I too, have always found it weird she was not reported missing for awhile. Maybe that in itself is a clue...

13. TrinatyMoon

TrinatyMoon New Member

14. Malini2001

Malini2001 I'm controlled by the cats

bump for karen. karen where are you? I don't understand whatever happened to what LE found in the well.

Elainera likes this.
  15. Richard

The story about the remains found in the well some 30 years ago is interesting. No ID on that one as far as I know.

The other link about remains being identified refers to a May 2012 disappearance. Here is some info on the more recent case:

---------------------

PASADENA, Md. (7 August 2012) - Human remains found earlier this month in the Pasadena area of Anne Arundel County have been identified as 20-year-old Jessica Lee of Brooklyn Park.

Lee, leaves behind a devastated family – including a daughter, 16-month-old Megan.

Lee left her home back in May; family members had been searching for her ever since...

16. apearn

apearn Paratrooper John Doe, May 1984, Florida #UP1254

I've always wondered about Karen's case. How does no one know the last day they saw her? DN said winter 1976. I see Namus says June 1976.

17. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Forum Coordinators

http://www.abc2news.com/news/crime-checker/anne-arundel-crime/anne-arundel-county-police-seek-help-in-finding-girl-missing-since-1976

18. Houston Mom

Houston Mom Well-Known Member

19. flat albert

flat albert New Member

20. Penny Lane

Penny Lane New Member

Bumping