Found Deceased MD - Laura Wallen, 31, pregnant, Olney, 3 Sept 2017 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I struggle to agree that they feel she left and will return at some point mainly due to what her father stated at the press conference.

He said, " We miss her, we love her, and its one of the hardest things a father can do is have a child taken away, way, way too soon. All we want is her to come back to us. Laura if you're out there listening, pick up the phone. Whoever may be out there helping or hiding her, please come forward and make it happen."

Link to reference quote. https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...478688d23b4_story.html?utm_term=.1ff9548352e7

IMO, that doesn't sound like the words of someone who thinks she left willingly and will return. The $25,000 reward is also odd for someone who left on their own accord. I also recall the text message she sent being disturbing, so much so, that Laura's father called the school on Tuesday to see if she showed up.

JMO but all those factors do not add up to someone willingly walking off.

The "helping her" part makes me think it is still a possibility in his mind that she went willingly.

Some of my college professor friends are friends with their current students and some aren't. It's likely personal preference, but saying it's not allowed would be a great way, if I was still teaching, to keep my students off my Facebook page. I don't know how high school teachers tend to handle it except that one of my former teachers sent me a friend request.

Also, I don't think it's odd at all that she spoke with a recent graduate. He could have been someone she helped a great deal and as he was about to go off to college, she may have been giving him pointers.

I wonder if it's just my school district or because I have a younger child, but I was under the impression that it was strongly discouraged or even forbidden for teachers to interact with students on social media. I'm in college right now and our professors have told us that they can only interact with us through the college email and/or blackboard system. They aren't allowed to use private emails, social media or any other form of communication.

The "helping her" part makes me think it is still a possibility in his mind that she went willingly.

Maybe, but in my opinion, those two words pale in comparison to everything else he said. For a teacher to walk away from a good job, students she loves, her own dog, her own home all while pregnant, it just doesn't sit well with me. Add in a disturbing text message and the reward. My overall feeling is foul play is involved. It would be great if we had more information for instance, what was said in the text and where are her belongings, such as her purse, wallet, phone, keys? Without knowing more its hard to be sure exactly what is going on with Laura!

I think the parents are wording things in a way so the BF believes he's no suspected but they have slipped up. I think this is an LE strategy until they can slam him with cell record, forensics, or a body.

Just my opinion of course

The main thing the family has to form an opinion on what happened to Laura is the text message. But what she wrote could possibly indicate several things, from self harm to leaving her life behind to start over elsewhere, so they are not sure what's going on. "Please take care of *dog name*" could go either way, as could many troubling texts I can think of. I bet they are utterly confused and that's what we pick up when we listen to them. They are not sure, so they try to include every possible scenario in their appeal. I don't think they're holding anything back. They don't know much more than we do, if anything. imo

I think the parents are wording things in a way so the BF believes he's no suspected but they have slipped up. I think this is an LE strategy until they can slam him with cell record, forensics, or a body.

Just my opinion of course
That's the other stuff I find odd. Where are her cell records. Who did she talk to that she left after 10pm? Did she have contact with anyone after the disturbing texts Monday? Where was the bf Monday? Or Tuesday? Why did she buy groceries if she planned to leave? Did she not make a single purchase Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday with her card? Any large withdraws recently? Was the food from the grocery store still there Tuesday? If they had known each other or been dating for a long time I'm sure the bf had her parents number. Did he contact them when he couldn't get in touch with her? If he's been attending appointments with her, what does she plan to do in the upcoming weeks/months for prenatal care?

I am suspicious that an infatuated student abducted her, or a neighbor.

[video=twitter;908091646511865856]https://twitter.com/mcpnews/status/908091646511865856[/video]

Laura has been found deceased. An arrest has been made. I am local and it was just reported on ABC7 News[emoji17].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[video=twitter;908091670272540672]https://twitter.com/mcpnews/status/908091670272540672[/video]

My bet is bf or ex student. Wish they would say

J.M.O.

I just saw the news on my Twitter. How sad [emoji26]

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Sadly, NBC4 has just reported that Laura has been found deceased and that a suspect is in custody. An 8 PM news release is schedule for this evening at police headquarters.

[h=1]Police: Missing pregnant teacher found dead, suspect arrested[/h]
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Md. (ABC7) — Missing pregnant teacher, Laura Wallen, of Olney, who had been reported missing last Friday, has been found deceased, according to the Montgomery County Police Department.

A suspect was arrested in connection to her murder about 45 minutes ago, police say.
A press conference will be held Wednesday at police headquarters at 7:40 p.m.
http://wjla.com/news/local/police-missing-pregnant-teacher-found-dead-suspect-arrested

Wow, soooo sad!!! I wonder who the suspect could be? Perhaps a neighbor? The boyfriend? OR, perhaps she left that evening b/c she forgot something at the grocery store and then somebody accosted her there? So many questions and I look forward to getting some solid answers soon! RIP Laura!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member