Found Deceased MD - Laura Wallen, 31, pregnant, Olney, 3 Sept 2017 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you catmama! This is a very helpful summary.

Except one point: TT texted Laura's sister on Monday morning, pretending to be Laura. So he could not have thrown away her phone on Sunday. These texts were reportedly troubling enough that the family contacted police.

Good point. The 9/14 pc states he texted the sister Monday (9/4) morning ("it's not Tyler's baby" etc.) using LW's phone between 9-10am; he later left her car at Gramercy Apts that same day (also securing ride back from female acquaintance). The driver's license was discovered by a maintenance employee of the apts also that Monday, who turned it into the apt office. Then it was called into LE at some point afterward, when the woman manager recognized she was the missing person in the news. So it's probably safe to assume all 3 items (car, phone, driver's license) were dropped off at the apts after 10am Monday Sep 4.

(The maintenance worker discovering the DL and turning it in was in an article linked earlier in this thread; I've been doing a timeline of sorts as I read.)

Just speculation but if the grocery store sighting was true, perhaps Laura left ten minutes after TT to follow him/see if she could find where he went. He was homeless MSM has now reported, so she may have thought either he was going to his friend's property near the field or he was staying with the other woman who Laura had texted a week prior and may have been suspicious about. I think that conceivably could have been what led to her being killed Sunday, either she found him with the other woman or TT saw a good opportunity to carry out his sick plot when she came near the field on her own will and in her own vehicle and it would've looked like she just drove away from her home alone and vanished. Unfortunately the timeline doesn't matter so much anymore now that she has been found. It's all so tragic.
The groc store sighting is true--they have it on videotape. They were at the Safeway in Olney.

He had 2 other women besides Laura. If he had gotten away with murdering Laura, would he have killed the fiance next? I think these other women were in danger and until I hear different I'm assuming they were victims of his huge lies. :moo:

Good point. We've seen cases (Drew Peterson for example) where such perps leave a trail of partners...on Forensic Files it often goes something like "investigators learned that x's first wife ALSO died under suspicious circumstances, but x was never charged..."

I have to tell you that there is a shortage everywhere! I'm 44 and would prefer to stay at home with my dog than wade through the [emoji90] out there. I mean no disrespect to men on this forum. It's just my humble opinion. [emoji364]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Word.

Guys, I see nobody has addressed my question (unless I missed it) about all the time he spent at the meat processing plant following her disappearance, as mentioned in the changing docs (evidence he was under surveillance following her disappearance)...did he work there? I'm assuming she was found intact, so what was he doing there? Working?

Her family is such a class act. He dad, mom and sister are amazing.

Guys, I see nobody has addressed my question (unless I missed it) about all the time he spent at the meat processing plant following her disappearance (evidence he was under surveillance following her disappearance), as mentioned in the changing docs...did he work there? I'm assuming she was found intact, so what was he doing there? Working?

Is the meat processing plant near the field where she was found? If I had to guess, I would say he was not actually at the meat processing plant but that his phone traced to there. Iphones will track your frequent locations and choose a nearby business to associate with that location in the history. LE said people saw him going to the field but I'm assuming they could also tell by his phone that he went there. As to why he went there-- My guess is a combination of him being sloppy and returning to continue to hide the evidence and also wanting to make sure she was still there and had not been found.

Thank you catmama! This is a very helpful summary.

Except one point: TT texted Laura's sister on Monday morning, pretending to be Laura. So he could not have thrown away her phone on Sunday. These texts were reportedly troubling enough that the family contacted police.

Excellent point! One thing is for sure: TT did alot of running around from Damascus to Columbia to Olney over those two days. Tells me that he didn't have much of a plan after the murder and he panicked about covering his tracks. His own stupidity and short-sightedness helped seal his fate quickly.

When you take a photo with your cell phone, the location is recorded in the exif data for the photo, unless you have specifically not allowed location services for the camera app. It's easy to see the location by using photo editing software. Even if one cannot tell where the photo is by looking at it, LE can quite easily pinpoint it on a map.

I'm sure it did get the location. LE has stated that they would tell the photograph had the same tree line as where her body was found, so to me, the picture was good enough to at least see the surroundings and they weren't totally depending on the location.

"Her sister told her to take a picture. Police said the picture Wallen sent was of a large field with a tree line and that the photograph appears to be the same field where the clandestine grave was discovered."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...3f7ee4035c9_story.html?utm_term=.b3de4b2f91e5

Is the meat processing plant near the field where she was found? If I had to guess, I would say he was not actually at the meat processing plant but that his phone traced to there. Iphones will track your frequent locations and choose a nearby business to associate with that location in the history. LE said people saw him going to the field but I'm assuming they could also tell by his phone that he went there. As to why he went there-- My guess is a combination of him being sloppy and returning to continue to hide the evidence and also wanting to make sure she was still there and had not been found.

I hope he has nightmares the rest of his life of her coming back from his shallow grave to get him.

I'm sure it did get the location. LE has stated that they would tell the photograph had the same tree line as where her body was found, so to me, the picture was good enough to at least see the surroundings and they weren't totally depending on the location.

"Her sister told her to take a picture. Police said the picture Wallen sent was of a large field with a tree line and that the photograph appears to be the same field where the clandestine grave was discovered."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...3f7ee4035c9_story.html?utm_term=.b3de4b2f91e5

Someone (I think Gardener) pointed out upthread that it was almost full moon that day. It's possible that that is why the tree line was visible.

Qmfr:
Guys, I see nobody has addressed my question (unless I missed it) about all the time he spent at the meat processing plant following her disappearance, as mentioned in the changing docs (evidence he was under surveillance following her disappearance)...did he work there? I'm assuming she was found intact, so what was he doing there? Working?

Hi Gardener :wave:

From page 5 of the charging docs:
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...essier-charged-wallen-20170915-htmlstory.html

"...The investigation has also revealed that TESSIER has been spending a great amount of time at the meat processing plant located on this property during the time that WALLEN has been missing."

margarita, I was assuming that the meat processing plant located on that property belongs to the friend of TT with whom he was sometimes staying because the property was identified as belonging to said friend. I might be wrong. (No time to research right now, gotta go walk the dogs!)

Just reread the charging docs (attached to Baltimore Sun article) and realized that the Gramercy Apts maintenance worker discovered LW's driver's licence at "approximately 1000 hours" (10am) that Monday Sep 4. Same docs also state that the weird texts (abt TT not being the baby's father) were sent by TT to her sister "between 0900 and 1000 hours" (9am and 10am) that same morning. So it would appear he parked her car, texted those texts, then almost immediately pitched the phone and dl at the Gramercy Apts dumpster. (And that the dl was almost immediately recovered by the apt employee/maintenance worker.)

Police were not notified until Sep 7 by the female property mgr (when she realized the dl belonged to missing person LW).

Also noticed rereading those charging docs that the missing front license plate had been recovered from a trash bag at the property where LW was discovered buried.

margarita, I was assuming that the meat processing plant located on that property belongs to the friend of TT with whom he was sometimes staying because the property was identified as belonging to said friend. I might be wrong. (No time to research right now, gotta go walk the dogs!)

Yes, it is the friend's property.

Was the friend back from out of town? Why specifically the meat processing plant as opposed to the residential area?

Just reread the charging docs (attached to Baltimore Sun article) and realized that the Gramercy Apts maintenance worker discovered LW's driver's licence at "approximately 1000 hours" (10am) that Monday Sep 4. Same docs also state that the weird texts (abt TT not being the baby's father) were sent by TT to her sister "between 0900 and 1000 hours" (9am and 10am) that same morning. So it would appear he parked her car, texted those texts, then almost immediately pitched the phone and dl at the Gramercy Apts dumpster. (And that the dl was almost immediately recovered by the apt employee/maintenance worker.)

That's a few tight timeline! I wonder if someone saw him do it.

Yes, it is the friend's property.

Was the friend back from out of town? Why specifically the meat processing plant as opposed to the residential area?

Per charging docs, the friend was out of town Labor Day weekend, which gave the suspect uninterrupted access to the site. Docs also state missing license plate was found in a black trash bag at the Prices Distillery Rd address--maybe in the meat plant's trash?? (Harder to go through?)

That appears to be correct - the friend who was identified in the docs as owning the property also appears to be the owner of a deer meat processing company on that property. (Not linking source for privacy reasons.)

This is correct - the friend who was identified in the docs as owning the property is also the owner of a deer meat processing company on that property. (Not linking my source for privacy reasons.)

Ok, so deer meat specifically? My mind was thinking maybe something else (hogs, etc) because it was a farm. Thanks.

So was he helping with the work load there, maybe additionally giving him an alibi for being at the property? Or had he recently hunted a deer himself. Idk...something strikes me as odd about this, considering the timing. Does this have anything to do with Laura's murder, specifically as related to the cover up, etc .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288