MD - Laura Wallen, 31, pregnant, Olney, 3 Sept 2017 #2 *Suspect found Dead during Trial*

Montgomery County Department of Correction and Rehabilitation Statement Regarding the Death of Tyler Tessier:

“This morning inmate Tyler Tessier was woken up at 4:00 a.m. to prepare for court. He took a shower until approximately 4:15 a.m. He returned to his cell to dress and was observed there during the 4:36 a.m. round. Breakfast was then served at 4:45 a.m. During the next round at 4:55 a.m. he was discovered hanging in his cell. He had tied a bedsheet around the edge of the top bunk and the other end around his neck. The officer untied the end around the inmate’s neck and immediately began life-saving measures. A medical emergency was called and medical staff responded to assist. Medical assistance was provided until EMS arrived and took over life-saving measures at 5:13 a.m. Inmate Tessier could not be revived and at 5:32 a.m. EMS terminated resuscitation.”

Trial continues for accused murderer

:mad:

This is NOT justice for Laura, Reid and the Wallen family.

:mad:

ETA: However, perhaps it has spared them the horrific pain of going through the trial proceedings. idk

That's true. Maybe they'll be happy not to have to deal with it. I can definitely see that now that mention it.

No link yet, but per local news (WBAL) Tyler Tessier found dead in jail.

There are several tweets, but I don’t know how to copy them on my iPad. (Jayne Miller at WBAL, is one).

While I am not disappointed this murderer is dead, I hope his family does not sue the county.

Also, no indication yet (obviously) whether this is self inflicted, but that seems likely, IMO.

WHAT?!?!?!?! OMG.. I have been so busy this morning and trying to get on here and this is first thing I see !! I will catch up posts now but OMG. The coward couldn't face the horrific truth. UGH

more tweets

Kate Amara
‏Verified account @kateamaraWBAL
10m10 minutes ago

So what happens with the court case? In a few minutes...60 or so potential jurors remaining will report for jury duty. They can’t consume local news...remember?

...so qualified jury pool will report here as scheduled, the judge will likely explain the developments, thank them for service & dismiss them.

No doubt Mr and Mrs Wallen will attend — as they have attended every legal proceeding for the last year. #LauraWallen

Kate Amara
1h1 hour ago

The Wallen family is here now in court. Along with a pastor. Emotional. Whatever happened with this defendant...don’t forget...they lost a daughter, sister, Neice, sister in law...friend...

65 jurors told defendant is dead and there will be no trial. Gasps, a few “holy cows!” We just talked to one just excused juror who said she is “Shocked. Just totally, completely shocked.” #LauraWallen

I will tell you this: in general, people groan about jury duty, right? And are relieved to be excused. But I spoke with a number of jurors this AM and none thought of it that way, I only saw emotional reactions.

Kate Amara
4m4 minutes ago

Awaiting press conf from MoGo states attorney, lead prosecutor in case. He’s told me there’s plenty of evidence not made public yet...evidence likely to be shown on these monitors
DmbE7rtUwAAEz-a.jpg

Kate Amara
4m4 minutes ago

Awaiting press conf from MoGo states attorney, lead prosecutor in case. He’s told me there’s plenty of evidence not made public yet...evidence likely to be shown on these monitors
Here's another link:
Unfortunately, I no longer have sound at work (because my IT guy can't figure out why). I can't wait to watch this from home!

Kate Amara
8m8 minutes ago

States attorney, police chief, prosecutors and family: “We were robbed this morning of the opportunity to let the public see the overwhelming evidence”

McCarthy: Tessier left a series of notes, had been contemplating for some time taking his life...notes written over last several weeks

McCarthy: today would have been a reckoning. “Tyler Tessier showed every sign of being a psychopath.”

“He lies about everything. It’s impossible to catalog all the lies.” Trial would have included 10-12 hours of videotape

McCarthy: other woman Tessier was engaged to...”was with us here earlier, has been here with us, she is just as much a victim” of Tyler Tessier

I'll keep an eye out on Kate's tweets. I do have a Skype at 8pm (my time) - so will catch up with them after if there are any.

:)

Kate Amara
5m5 minutes ago

“Until the day I die, I will say ‘I have 2 daughters and 3 grandsons” Gwen Wallen

“He did not show up for anything for ten years, why would he show up today? He stood our family up for the last time today,” John Kadi, Laura Wallen’s brother in law

Kate Amara
51m51 minutes ago

Q: how could this happen?
SAO: Tessier gave no indication he was suicidal “we even listened to his phone calls last night with his mom!”

Q from @AugensteinWTOP: Tyler Tessier died without ever hearing the word ‘guilty’... A: “it is extremely frustrating. We had been anxious to try this case.” Also disappointed. Family also expressed relief...

"She was a mother.” Heard repeatedly. And any woman — any person — who has had their life touched by the loss of a pregnancy...knows exactly what she means

Laura’s mom, dad, sister, family did not leave after making statement. they took a seat, front row, and are watching....just as they have done all along.

DmbSb06V4AARdlR.jpg

If you have any interest in this case, the issue of relationship violence, criminal litigation, go to the wbal tv app right now and watch the live stream

Remember that tearful press conf? According ASA Fenton: Tessier told friend, police put drops in his eyes to make him cry and had earpiece in ear telling him exactly what to say

Crowd gathered in lobby to hear prosecutors lay out their case. We will sift out the new evidence & details we haven’t heard before ...and get it on the air at 5/6 tonight on @wbaltv11

I am shocked to hear this news! What a coward he was! Laura's family has been amazing and fought for justice with nothing but dignity through everything Tyler put them through. I hope this somehow brings them some peace.

So Tyler, how is Laura being dead, her baby being dead, you being thrown in jail and then killing yourself because you couldn't hack life in prison BETTER than either being a dad or leaving Laura to be a single mother (WHICH she would have been great at btw)? How?

That's what I would love to know.

Good riddance to the coward. He has not gone to the same place as Laura. I hope her family feel comforted that they haven't got to go through the torture of the trial rather than feeling like they have been cheated out of justice for their Laura.

*modsnip*

Last edited by a moderator:
The prosecutor recounted Tessier’s reaction when that woman told him that a suspicious Wallen had sent her a text message, “looking for an explanation … woman-to-woman.”

Tessier, the prosecutor said, sent a text message to that woman shortly before Wallen was killed, reading: “I could literally kill her for what she’s done.”

Man who killed himself ahead of pregnant girlfriend’s murder trial was ‘a psychopath’: prosecutor | WTOP

McCarthy also detailed a conversation days after Wallen’s killing, in which Tessier and some friends discussed someone in a relationship with an abusive boyfriend. “If we kill him … there’s lots of fields where bodies can be buried in Montgomery County,” Tessier said, according to McCarthy.

Surveillance video from the Olney Safeway the night before the killing showed the pair together at the checkout line. Cellphone records are said to show Tessier and Wallen's phones both pinging at the same location at the same time. A search of the property turned up a patch of purple fabric, which authorities called the first sign of Wallen.

In a recorded phone call, Tessier allegedly told a friend that police put drops in his eyes to make it look like he was crying and made him wear an earpiece telling him exactly what to say.

"As awful as today is, I feel at peace because I worried for my family and my other two grandsons," said Wallen's mother, Gwen Wallen. "People say, 'I'm sorry for your loss.' Laura's not lost. She's with her savior and I will be with her one day."

"To all the detectives, police officers, forensic experts, thank you for all of your hard work," Jennifer Kadi said.

"We're taught in our faith God only gives us what we can handle, and I kept thinking it's getting to be too much, and today I feel God is merciful and has given us the ability to move on and talk about Laura and the wonderful things she's done," Gwen Wallen said.

Accused killer of pregnant Howard County teacher found dead

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back