MD - Nicole Burgess, 37, stabbed to death, Davidsonville, 22 March 2013

They were both stabbed?!?! Did they find anyone else's blood?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Still nothing in the news about either of these cases. Although the rumor mill says that Robin Pope's estranged husband had something to do with her death. As for Nicole, I have not heard anything at all about her personal life, except that she was an interior designer.

Another big difference is that Robin Pope had moved OUT of her home a couple of weeks before and was returning to pick up stuff when she and the dog vanished.

Killing the dogs makes both crimes seem very personal and not at all random. How did Robin Pope's killer KNOW she would be at that house that afternoon?

You are correct... sometimes it takes more than one set of eyes to read between the lines!! The other article posted stated that it was not a random crime.

I hope this crime can be solved. I wonder how the killer got into the house. If she let him in or the door was unlocked or he broke in (assuming it was a man). Could the killer have been a jealous woman? We always seem to assume it was a man. I wonder if the dog was killed in order to get to her or to make a statement. Pit bull are often too friendly to protect someone but some will. If the dog knew the attacker, it might not have protected her. I have to wonder if someone came there to kill her, why not use a gun? A knife is more difficult and messier. It seems like it would take rage to kill with a knife and to kill the dog too. I'm angry that someone killed the woman but also angry that someone killed an innocent dog. (I have pit bulls.)

A woman with the same name, Nicole Burgess is missing from Tennessee. She is the same age, 37 and has a dogs.

Weird coincidence?
TN TN - Nichole Burgess, 36, Hermitage, 23 May 2014 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

that is a weird concidence! thanks for posting it as it reminded me of this case. sadly, it doesn't look like there's been any resolution yet though apparently there is an unnamed POI.

http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/...cle_ba7a8065-9e32-5475-81ed-73ffc2be4401.html

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/police-make-arrest-in-nicole-burgess-murder-case/28308488

Detectives said Proctor and Burgess worked together to distribute and traffic illegal drugs. Officials said their business relationship, which appeared to never cross over to a personal nature, was relatively new at the time of Burgess' death.

Police said they're still not sure yet what led Proctor to kill Burgess; however, they said they believe the motive was related to their drug business. Since the case is still under investigation, officials couldn't discuss the evidence or comments from witnesses that led them to Proctor.

Judge finds man not guilty in Davidsonville murder

http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/for_the_record/ph-ac-cn-davidsonville-murder-folo-0322-20170321-story.html

A Prince George's County man was found not guilty Monday in the stabbing death of a woman who had run a major marijuana business out of her Davidsonville home.

Anne Arundel Circuit Court Judge Michele Jaklitsch acquitted Terrence Proctor, 40, of Hyattsville, of first-degree murder in the 2013 death of Nicole Burgess. Proctor elected to have Jaklitsch hear the case rather than go before a jury.

Proctor's attorneys said there was little to place Proctor at the scene other than a DNA sample that could not be dated to the day Burgess was stabbed to death.

"Look at everything they presented," Cooke said Tuesday. "Their own DNA expert said 'I can't say when that DNA was left there.'"

"It was such a tiny amount, too. They couldn't say if it was from a sneeze or skin cells or whatever," he added.

Cooke questioned the validity of the prosecution's circumstantial evidence.

In addition, Cooke said forensic evidence did not match Proctor's profile. Shoe prints lifted from the scene did not match Proctor's shoes when he was questioned by police about a week after the murder, and partial fingerprints lifted from the scene did not link back to Proctor.

The investigation and trial took a toll on the family, Howell said, as it revealed more about Burgess' lifestyle than many of them knew.

Prosecutors said Burgess had led a "double life," running a linens business alongside shipping "about 30 pounds of weed every two weeks," according to Miller.

Wendy Howell, Burgess' godmother, said Tuesday she believes Proctor is responsible for Burgess' death but did not blame prosecutors or police.

"I do believe the state did what they could," she said.

Man Found Not Guilty In Davidsonville Woman's Drug-Related Murder

State's Attorney Wes Adams said in a statement, "While I am disappointed by the decision by Judge Jaklisch that found Terrence Porter not guilty of the charge of first-degree murder, I respect and accept her verdict. This case hinged on circumstantial evidence that, though we believed was sufficient, was not enough in this particular case to satisfy the high burden of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. My office presented all the evidence we had available to us and my prosecutors did an outstanding job with the evidence they had."

Police spokesman Lt. Ryan Frashure told the Capital-Gazette the department remains confident in the arrest of Proctor and the case is closed.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back