MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't heard of any bodies turning up before in the 15 years we've lived here. Going through the dam doesn't seem to be an easy task. She was found in the retaining lake to the north side of the dam. There hasn't been much info about his body other than to say they were both found nude. As far as dumping spots, there are many rather rural boat launches up and down the river. I don't think it would be hard to dump a body in the evening under cover of darkness.

I live between Bmore and DC and I was shocked by the bodies there....the harbor, the Patapsco river or the state park or just any of the wooded of the areas around the city I would expect...but Conowingo...never expected that

:seeya: Hi There!!! I am glad you posted.
I am wondering if people check the dam regularly? How long could a body go unnoticed?

What is the area around it like? Wooded/Park like? I am trying to get an idea of how someone could get a person there without being seen.

I am sure I will have more questions. :)

Thank you!!

The dam is on a heavily travelled road. It is located on Route 1 and it is the site of a Hydro Electric Plant. There are workers there daily and probably thousands of drivers a day. You can easily view the lake on the north side of the dam when you travel over it. As for the south side, there is a fishing area and picnic area on the western bank and people can see the river very clearly. On the north side of the dam, there are boat ramps and launches. Though I'm not as familiar with the north side, I would guess that there are picnic areas along there too.

What about if she had developed a crush on somebody in that circle?

She might have slipped out to be with him, or she might have been vulnerable to somebody saying, "Let's go up to the park; xxxx will be there."

Possible, but then why would DB, KB, MJ, LB and C and possibly the entire circle be covering for this 'one someone' she had a crush on that harmed her? I can't see this group, if they knew of a POI not tied to the 4(?) persons known to have been at the apartment, ALL covering for this one.

JMO

She might have slipped out to be with him, or she might have been vulnerable to somebody saying, "Let's go up to the park; xxxx will be there."

I can't imagine a girl and guy from Baltimore taking a ride up to Conowingo. There are so many other places closer if you were just looking to go to a park. In order to dump her body north of the dam (where she was found) you would have to travel further north and then find your way down to the river. It just doesn't seem like a place she would go willingly for a "make out" session.

FWIW, just because PB was found near the dam doesn't mean that is the location she entered the river. She could have been placed further north/upstream and then was carried to where she was found.

also, I did a google news archive search late last night for this river( forget the name off the top of my head not being local) and there are some older articles (nothing fairly recent) of bodies being found in various area's of this river so it is not that uncommon.

My guess is she was brought to/placed in this particular river in order for the perp to distance her body from the place she went missing. As I posted previously, a stranger who had no known ties to her wouldn't care if she was found blocks away or relatively close to where she went missing.

The 40 or so mile distance was a deliberate effort by someone she came in contact with to distance themself - create distance from the location she was taken. And my guess is the person who placed her there wrongly assumed the currents, size and dam would 'swallow her up' (for lack of better wording) with the hopes she would never be recovered.

Perhaps this person deliberately placed her north of the dam thinking she would go through it ( for reasons which I will not get graphic about ).

JMO

My guess is she was brought to/placed in this particular river in order for the perp to distance her body from the place she went missing. As I posted previously, a stranger who had no known ties to her wouldn't care if she was found blocks away or relatively close to where she went missing.

The 40 or so mile distance was a deliberate effort by someone she came in contact with to distance themself - create distance from the location she was taken. And my guess is the person who placed her there wrongly assumed the currents, size and dam would 'swallow her up' (for lack of better wording) with the hopes she would never be recovered.

Perhaps this person deliberately placed her north of the dam thinking she would go through it ( for reasons which I will not get graphic about ).

The river is the Susquehanna River. Well, Conowingo is "a world away" from Baltimore. The spot was chosen because of that. It not easy to get to some of the remote areas so someone surely was familiar with the area. We've recently had a lot of rain and melting snow so many more dam flood gates have been opened to relieve the swollen river. I agree with you that someone didn't want her found.

I couldn't get the link up on my computer for some reason. However I never put much stock into comments on MSM articles. Too many trolls out there who will post just about anything on an unmoderated site to create an uproar.

Wiki's info on internet trolls.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

jmo

Yes, I'm quite familiar with Internet trolling. Thanks for the Wiki info, Cubby!

Troll or "truth," without LE or ME confirming, we are all left to theories.

I appreciate shoe-diva providing the information to that AOL comment, because she astutely captured that WS has pretty much gone through a slew of theories and this particular one had not been mentioned.

I certainly hope that LE and ME will be able to obtain the facts necessary in order to wind their way out of this seeming labyrinth of lies and speculation to provide justice for PB and the UID.

Here is a link to archived files I have posted previously on WS for PB's case

https://www.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8a6b6a8b5c6675a5a5a7

There are three BPD pressers
One MSP presser
Five Peas interview transcripts/thorough notes
Three files with compiled facts about the circimstances, search, and timline.

Anyone want to check and make sure the link works?
Thanks in advance

The link works, GJ.
Looks like 12 documents are there.
Thanks for the work!

Another article about the siblings speaking out. The video is from a different angle. The information isn't new. But watch the video, even if you can't listen to it.
http://www.wbtv.com/story/14508707/siblings-of-phylicia-barnes-speak-out-about-her-murder

I continue to have the jealousy angle as a possible scenario. It would help explain why we have never had a true explanation for why PB was not picked up at 1:30 as she was supposed to be. Perhaps she was picked up...

Many thanks for posting that link which hold a most curious theory/leak?

My problem with this commenter who fancies himself? to be an insider, is that his convenient "truth" is revealed AFTER PB and the UID have been found.

The details are just to specific and eerie to be ignored. Yes, this person is most probably an insider. The question is-

Who's side? Is this an unscrupulous character within LE who is busting at the seams with information and just has to leak "facts," or is this a participant of the crimes?

What's the motive of this person posting this information? What are we do to with it?

I submit that the commenter married truth with lies in their post and is attempting to commit a character assasination of PB. JMO

PB's been getting national coverage and massive sympathy in the days subsequent to her body being found.

This poster began his comment with stating something to the effect of PB causing her own demise.

This is one who would put a stop to all of this nonsensical outpouring of public grief, because it's "her fault."

I have a problem with that.

Also, if there's truth to this commenter's post, what does that say about those who would create such an intentional, false, misleading timeline?

JUSTICE!

ITA with what you're saying. The highlighted parts were my initial thoughts when I read the commenter's post.

From the beginning, I've thought that PB "missing" was a cover up. My theory is that PB died the night/early morning of the 27th/28th from an accidental drug overdose. After reading though the previous threads, I have not been able to reconcile these three things:

1) MJ texting to DB that PB was up and active. -- Who says that? and more importantly why.
2) There were tweets that were relayed here that spoke specifically to heavy drug use at the party.
3) KB not showing up at the apartment even though she had not heard from PB.

So, I fully agree with your statement regarding the false and misleading timeline.

Yes, I'm quite familiar with Internet trolling. Thanks for the Wiki info, Cubby!

Troll or "truth," without LE or ME confirming, we are all left to theories.

I appreciate shoe-diva providing the information to that AOL comment, because she astutely captured that WS has pretty much gone through a slew of theories and this particular one had not been mentioned.

I certainly hope that LE and ME will be able to obtain the facts necessary in order to wind their way out of this seeming labyrinth of lies and speculation to provide justice for PB and the UID.

I agree. I hope my comment about trolls and MSM comments was not disrespectful in any way..... it was simply meant to add my thoughts about why I don't pay particular attention to MSM comments. Personally I don't have the tolerance to read through MSM comments when so many comments are down right rude and disrespectful. (they get me too angry and my blood pressure boiling! )

And my comments were not in any way meant to be disrespectful to shoe~diva.

:blowkiss: all!

Another article about the siblings speaking out. The video is from a different angle. The information isn't new. But watch the video, even if you can't listen to it.
http://www.wbtv.com/story/14508707/siblings-of-phylicia-barnes-speak-out-about-her-murder

I continue to have the jealousy angle as a possible scenario. It would help explain why we have never had a true explanation for why PB was not picked up at 1:30 as she was supposed to be. Perhaps she was picked up...

I agree.

I'm bringing Fascination's post from last thread over for the benefit of those who may not have seen it.

Yesterday, 08:01 AM
fascination
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2011

Hi,

For some reason, the Phylicia Barnes case had eluded my attention all of these weeks/months (there have been plenty of other kidnapping/murder cases that have not quite captured my attention as well - to this day, I can't tell you anything about the Caylee Anthony case). But that changed Thursday - when it was announced that her body had been found. Since then, I have been emotionally moved - almost to the point of tears (and it's unusual for me to become that emotional over a situation that is technically far removed from my real life) - and I've been riveted by the circumstances and mysteries surrounding this case. I've felt compelled to "catch up" the various developments and speculation - and I quickly found out that this site is just about the top source of information and "theories" there is. What great, important work you guys are doing here - I really admire your skills, tenacity, and compassion-in-action!

One of the theories/possibilities that has been brought up here that intrigues me (for whatever reason) is the "envy" angle. Phylicia appeared to have had everything going for her: it is tempting for me to think that, at some point, envy became an issue. From viewing a slideshow of photos related to this case - it seems to me that PB really blossomed over the past 1 - 2 years. I just wonder if PB was viewed as more of a sexual/romantic threat that perhaps she had been previously - and this Christmas visit hadn't been quite like the other get-togethers had been. Especially if there was some sexual/romantic attention directed toward PB by a certain person or persons.

A breakup of a (long-term) romantic relationship would be something to provoke or intensify this dynamic. People have been known to become emotionally unstable during these times - they can, for example, become more envious of members of the same sex perceived to be more attractive, or more "something". I just wonder if some deep-seeded envy surfaced and directly or indirectly led to some form of negligence (or worse) that resulted in this horrible event.

One thing I noticed is that DB seemed to be oddly specific about their plans to shop for some beauty product for PB's face - IIRC, she may have even mentioned that it was for her acne, or the exact product was named (some kind of acne product?). Was it necessary to get that specific? It's as though DB may have subconsciously wanted people to know that PB had an acne problem, or that PB's "fresh-faced" radiance wasn't entirely natural. That also may have been DB's way of communicating that she (DB) was to be given credit for PB's sexual attractiveness - sort-of a way of boosting/restoring her own ego in light of PB's greater beauty.

Maybe I'm reading too much into that - but it could be minute things like that that betrays some type of motive for the events that took place Dec. 27-28 (or what led to those events).

However - having said all of that, I'm currently leaning in the direction of MJ (and possibly accomplices other than DB or KB) being more or less responsible. I think if there were some "grand" conspiracy involving DB (and/or KB), MJ, etc. - and/or MJ were simply helping to dispose of the body - he would have flipped. I just don't see him being "strong" enough under these circumstances to keep tight-lipped - especially with he and DB supposedly being on the outs. Maybe I'm wrong, but I suspect that LE has offered MJ some "inducements" to come clean if he merely played a "peripheral" role in what happened - and the fact that he appears to not have taken them (or whatever he's told them hasn't panned out) is telling.

I just think he would have told what happened to the body (long) before now if he weren't "highly guilty" - and I don't think there was any indication that LE knew the correct location of the body before it surfaced a few days ago.

Maybe he's following the so-called "No Snitch" policy? Well, if he really did post on the Internet what some people have said he did (something implicating DB) - apparently he believes in the "Save My *advertiser censored**" policy much more than he subscribes to the "No Snitch" rule!

Heck - MJ might have even refused to get involved in the first place if PB's death did not directly involve him. The scenario of PB dying of some drug overdose - and them covering it up (for this long) just seems unlikely to me, for at least a few reasons.

That's why I'm leaning toward this being a crime of opportunity or passion, carried out by MJ. Either he couldn't resist taking sexual advantage of PB - and he raped & murdered her; or he harmed her in a fit of rage (the "Facebook" drama?), and/or harmed her to get back at DB.

I can't imagine a girl and guy from Baltimore taking a ride up to Conowingo. There are so many other places closer if you were just looking to go to a park. In order to dump her body north of the dam (where she was found) you would have to travel further north and then find your way down to the river. It just doesn't seem like a place she would go willingly for a "make out" session.

Yes, but we're looking at it with cynical adult eyes and 20/20 hindsight. If you're 16 and in love, it might have sounded exotic and romantic.

Possible, but then why would DB, KB, MJ, LB and C and possibly the entire circle be covering for this 'one someone' she had a crush on that harmed her? I can't see this group, if they knew of a POI not tied to the 4(?) persons known to have been at the apartment, ALL covering for this one.

JMO

Unless they are afraid of him.

I agree. I hope my comment about trolls and MSM comments was not disrespectful in any way..... it was simply meant to add my thoughts about why I don't pay particular attention to MSM comments. Personally I don't have the tolerance to read through MSM comments when so many comments are down right rude and disrespectful. (they get me too angry and my blood pressure boiling! )

And my comments were not in any way meant to be disrespectful to shoe~diva.

:blowkiss: all!

Your comments were absolutely not disrespectful. The troll mention was necessary because unfortunately, it's out there.

Even though the troll mention was made, it didn't stop WS from exploring the possibilites.

Exactly what I was thinking.

BBM. but first what do you mean by "perhaps she was picked up..." That went right over my head.

Back to the BBM. My explanation, lazyness, lack of commitment to follow through, selfishness.... Someone/People (both in this case and in general) can't be bothered to follow through with plans already committed to if they can't reach the person immediately preceding the time they are expected. Too busy, can't be bothered with perhaps having to go knock on someones door to wake them and wait 15-20 minutes or so while they freshen up. Pure selfishness........

Think about it. I am sure we all have friends we know who we can count on to be there when they say they will, or call if they can not make it or need to change the time. And then there are others we know who are consistently flighty and can not be replied upon without confirming and then reconfirming plans last minute. The question which remains is why did KB choose to treat PB like someone who couldn't be relied upon and chose not to follow through on plans when they could not be reconfirmed last minute? Or is that just part of her personality due to the type of people she chose to socialize with?

Either way, I don't think it makes KB ultimately responsible for what happened to PB, nor does it necessarily ensure had she shown up PB would not have already been removed the apartment. Because the person most likely responsible for taking PB knew what time KB was expected and most likely ensured PB had been removed from the apartment prior to that time. And gave reasons why neither he or PB could be reached.....

In other words had KB showed up like planned she would have likely found the apartment already empty at 1:30 or so and at best, it would have tightened the timeline surrounding who we believe to be the main POI(s) PB would have been reported missing a few hours earlier, but who is to say that it would have made a difference? Especially since it reportedly took LE a few days to become convinced PB was not a runaway.

JMO

Combining my reply to both of your previous posts. I think she might have gone for a ride to the river/dam if MJ told her I just talked to/texted KB and we are all going to meet up there...... OR, he had given her a date rape drug and she was able to walk to his car before it took full effect.... and he drove her there.

We do know MJ made a point of letting others know his cell phone was not charged and he could not find a charge. That PB was asleep so she was unreachable. Both of these things gave MJ at least 4-7 or so hours of time. Appx 4hrs from time of last contact at 1:04pm to about 5pm when one (considered rumor from comments somewhere) report states MJ made contact. Or from 1:04pm or so until appx 7:40pm when another (cnsidered rumor from comments somewhere) when DB made contact with him. Either scenario imo gave MJ and or his circle enough time to get to the dam area and back.

JMO

ETA: and yes, I agree we need to wait for more info. Specifically ME reports and tox reports.

Did LBC or Bro or whoever (so many initials!) also say their phone died that day. How strange... when people these days live with their phones. Someone of MJ's age would have been sure his phone was charged. Especially if the RUMORS (we don't know) are true about him - his phone would be his bank roll and life.

I agree they had plenty of time. Maybe PB thought they were going to get something to eat (Hey I know this great little place up the road a bit!). And she wouldn't have had a chance to get out of the car if an attack occurred there. But I don't think anything happened in the car because LE did forensic testing on several cars (I would assume MJ's would be included). THat doesn't mean he wasn't driving someone else's car.

Ahhh... every time I start to go one direction my mind thinks of reasons that couldn't be or how different scenarios are possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member