MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #9

Here's to hoping we don't get delayed again.

Retrial to hopefully begin on 4/28/14.

Justice for Phylicia!

All I could find is they were suppose to start jury selection yesterday afternoon.

Praying for Phylicia--as always--may justice be done. To her mom---we will never forget you and all of us are here to support you. This case had a profound effect on me!!

Postponed!

Court Date: 07/09/2014
Court Time: 2:00
Room: 404E
Court Location: COURTHOUSE EAST, 111 N. CALVERT ST., BALTIMORE, MD 21202
Reason:JURY TRIAL

I asked on facebook and got a reply from Harry Watson.

He said:
As of yesterday afternoon Judge John A. Howard will be the returning judge hearing Phylicia's case. Trial date is set for Purple Tuesday, Dec.2,2014. I don't have a time or room# yet but will update when that becomes updated to the family. I am excited about this date and feel that we will be moving forward without postponement. Me and the family continue to seek support from the public by doing the things that we know will one day lead to JFPB and other victims. I am always thankful for peoples support and what we do here on this pray page. May God Bless you all...

Well.... what is he up to in the 2 months left until trial?

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...nes-killing-hearings-20141007,0,5341546.story

Katy O'Donnell, one of Johnson's attorneys, asked why he agreed to talk with detectives at the end of January 2011 after refusing to do so when taken to police headquarters in cuffs just a little over a week before.

"I felt as though I had to," Johnson said. "That's what Mr. Neverdon told me … he told me I could be forced to come in and answer questions."

Without that legal guidance, Johnson said, he would not have given a statement. The content of Johnson's statements to police was not discussed at the hearing.

Thinking of Phylicia. I can't believe it is coming up on four years. Such a huge loss. It breaks my heart to think of all the things Phylicia should have been doing and experienced these last four years.

I hope there are no more delays when the retrial is scheduled to start next month.

It will be easier to follow the new trial with a fresh thread.

Michael Maurice Johnson, 30, has returned to court for a second trial. A jury found him guilty of second-degree murder in February 2013, but the verdict was overturned after a judge ruled that prosecutors withheld information about a key witness in the case.

Barnes disappeared in 2010 when she came to Baltimore from North Carolina to visit family. She was staying with her sister, who once dated Johnson, when she went missing. Her body was later found floating in the Susquehanna River, and Johnson was indicted on murder charges more than a year later.

The first trial thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?181634-MD-Retrial-for-the-murder-of-Phylicia-Barnes&highlight=phylicia+barnes

View attachment 64813

Attachments

• phylicia.JPG
    phylicia.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 0

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads