Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #3 *Arrest*

Every time I see this thread with more posts I get excited thinking he’s even caught.

I’m in two minds now with this case I can’t decide if either:
1) The police department know exactly who he is and are just trying to locate him - they don’t want to release this information as it could cause the killer to become spooked and kill again if he knows that time is up basically (hence no further information and no sketches etc)

Or
2) The police department have absolutely no idea who he is and this will become a cold case until he strikes again.

Two completely different standpoints but at this stage I literally cannot judge what’s going on.

I’m just hoping it’s the first scenario and we get justice for Rachel soon - if it’s not very soon I have major fears he will strike again MOO

Every time I see this thread with more posts I get excited thinking he’s even caught.

I’m in two minds now with this case I can’t decide if either:
1) The police department know exactly who he is and are just trying to locate him - they don’t want to release this information as it could cause the killer to become spooked and kill again if he knows that time is up basically (hence no further information and no sketches etc)

Or
2) The police department have absolutely no idea who he is and this will become a cold case until he strikes again.

Two completely different standpoints but at this stage I literally cannot judge what’s going on.

I’m just hoping it’s the first scenario and we get justice for Rachel soon - if it’s not very soon I have major fears he will strike again MOO

I hope for #1.

Harford County Sheriff Jeffrey Gahler told NewsNation host Ashleigh Banfield that authorities have questioned someone in Washington, D.C., in connection to the case.

“The investigators were working a lead. This was not the result of a tip. This was a result of evidence related to the crime leading our investigators into the D.C.-Metro area where they interviewed an individual relevant to this investigation. It is not a suspect but hopefully somebody who can point us in the right direction to identifying that person,” Gahler said on “Banfield.”

POTENTIAL LEAD IN RACHEL MORIN INVESTIGATION: Evidence from the crime led police to the DC area, where they questioned someone “relevant to the investigation.” Not a suspect, but hopefully someone who can identify the man seen in the home surveillance footage in LA.

updated 13 minutes ago

But now investigators say they've followed up on a lead which sent them to speak with an individual in Washington D.C.

While detectives aren't calling the person a suspect, the hope is they can point them in the right direction to identify the person suspect.

POTENTIAL LEAD IN RACHEL MORIN INVESTIGATION: Evidence from the crime led police to the DC area, where they questioned someone “relevant to the investigation.” Not a suspect, but hopefully someone who can identify the man seen in the home surveillance footage in LA.

updated 13 minutes ago

But now investigators say they've followed up on a lead which sent them to speak with an individual in Washington D.C.

While detectives aren't calling the person a suspect, the hope is they can point them in the right direction to identify the person suspect.

This is what the Sheriff reported last night (here #28 ) and he was clear that it came from evidence, not a tip, making me wonder if they've done (and completed) IGG.

jmo

Harford County Sheriff Jeffrey Gahler told NewsNation host Ashleigh Banfield that authorities have questioned someone in Washington, D.C., in connection to the case.

“The investigators were working a lead. This was not the result of a tip. This was a result of evidence related to the crime leading our investigators into the D.C.-Metro area where they interviewed an individual relevant to this investigation. It is not a suspect but hopefully somebody who can point us in the right direction to identifying that person,” Gahler said on “Banfield.”

I am thankful for her interview. I wish they could get a sketch of this guy and find his cell ping data ASAP.
Is it possible his cell phone was under someone else's name or stolen?
Does anyone have any idea why there's no sketch yet?

Wouldn’t it be something if this new lead is related to forensic genealogy. They said it wasn’t from a tip, but from evidence. Could his DNA have now led them to a distant familial match, say cousin or some relation not obvious like sibling or parent, so now they headed there to interview that match? Just MOO and of course I could be wrong, but that is what came to mind as one hypothesis.

Local news here reporting this today…

Not much information at all in the article but now D.C is being thrown into the conversation. For anyone unfamiliar, Bel Air is about an hour to an hour & a half from D.C depending on the horrible traffic in the area.

Wouldn’t it be something if this new lead is related to forensic genealogy. They said it wasn’t from a tip, but from evidence. Could his DNA have now led them to a distant familial match, say cousin or some relation not obvious like sibling or parent, so now they headed there to interview that match? Just MOO and of course I could be wrong, but that is what came to mind as one hypothesis.

That was where my mind went also.

His comments and demeanor also led me to believe they (MD LE) think the residents of that home are well aware of this person's identity.

jmo
Agreed. I think that’s why they made the comments quite early on about serial killers too. They’re trying to communicate and emphasise both the danger and severity of the crimes to those who know him, and are possibly covering up for him out of some misplaced sense of loyalty or notion that “it must be a mistake/out of character”.

Agreed. I think that’s why they made the comments quite early on about serial killers too. They’re trying to communicate and emphasise both the danger and severity of the crimes to those who know him, and are possibly covering up for him out of some misplaced sense of loyalty or notion that “it must be a mistake/out of character”.

That does indeed makes sense.

His comments and demeanor also led me to believe they (MD LE) think the residents of that home are well aware of this person's identity.

jmo
Yeah this is most hopeful I’ve been about this case in many weeks!

I’d go as far as to to say LE possibly know who the suspect is - but just don’t know where he’s hiding ATM and they want the family members to disclose this - allMOO.

Big props to Rachel’s family to - they’ve remained dignified in the last months when I’m sure inside they wanted to tear the police apart - I’m hopeful now that justice is coming for you

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11
Back