GUILTY MD - Ryan Gifford for beating, raping toddler, Westminster, 2010

Implanon. I can say this while many others may be afraid to. Inserted into the upper arm, the birth control lasts for three years. Some courts have ordered women to use it. There's also Depo-Provera. We use this for our young ladies with DD--a simple shot which lasts three months. There's no way our girls could parent a child with IQ's in the 50-60 range but we would have no say in the matter if they ever got pregnant by rape or through a consensual act.

The smartest thing we EVER did was talk our daughter into Implanon a month before she was stolen by traffickers. We bribed her and I am so glad we did. Our heart breaks for her but at least we know there isn't an innocent child in the mix. I live with total dread as this three year period comes to an end. I can only pray that her pimp will get her to a Planned Parenthood as she couldn't find one on her own.

We've just got to stop all the unplanned babies from being conceived. There's an estimated 500,000 already in foster care and we just don't have enough homes. Adoptive parents are not lining up. Fully 80% of children in care arrive with serious sexual abuse and drug exposure issues. They are born tremendously compromised. They are children whose special needs are going to require intensive services for a life time. Not for five years...but for 75 years. DHS can't make anyone happy. They are either condemned for being too hard-nosed or too lax. They are drowning in needy kids and broken families. The system we have in place for children is simply not sustainable.

Let everybody party as much as they want. If and when they grow up and decide to settle down, then it's time to think about making babies. Oh, how I wish reproductive organs got switched on ONLY after you'd completed high school, worked for a few years, paid your cell phone bill on time, had procured a safe and decent place to live, and completed some community service. Then, and only then, you get to make a baby.

Maybe then, babies would be cherished and anticipated with joy...and not shoved to the edge of the bed to get raped and beaten by people who have no right to have a child. JMO

As is painfully apparent, I'm getting tired of the battle.

ok i can't take this anymore, these hideous crimes by boyfriends of mothers...it makes me sick...women with children allowing men into their childrens' lives whom they either know nothing about or know and still do it...I hardly know what to say or what can be enough justice in cases like this...

I'm right there with you. What really irks me is that the mother put the baby back to bed! OMG - WTF -- I'm all over the place on this one. 21 months? Is it even possible? I hope he's castrated in prison and the mother put away as well for child endangerment and neglect, and however many other charges they can pin on her and that evil devil's spawn.

:furious:

Mel

She said she put the girl back to bed, but then realized later in the day that the girl's face was swollen and took her to Johns Hopkins Hospital, where she remains in intensive care.

I thought I was sick and furious until I read momma dried her off, dressed her, and PUT HER BACK TO BED.

OMG.

if you can suspend your sense enough to imagine taking baby to bf's, putting her to bed, leaving her alone (I assume, I guess there could be others there at the time, dear lord.) to get booze, passing out, waking to find naked bf locked with naked bleeding baby in the bathroom, HOW at this point do you not run screaming to the cops/hospital/anyone that will listen????

Sometimes I feel I shouldnt blame the mothers as much as I actually do, I wish this was a world you could trust anyone around your babies but IT IS NOT and while I could forgive mom for making mistakes all the way to finding them in the bathroom, I cannot overlook not sorting that IMMEDIATELY.

Again, today I tried to be part of this exchange. Again I fail. Words fail. I am not strong enough to converse/post in a coherent way that will add anyting to this thread. All I want to do is scream/cry/run/weep/wail/tear at my hair. My hope is that she will at least not have clear memories of this horror to contend with when she grows up. I wish for this baby - totally, blessedly, no memory, ever to haunt her.

So mote it be.

I think she was released from hospital. I sure hope he fries and the mom losses custody. Poor little one.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/carroll/bs-md-child-abuse-arrest-20100413,0,2243264.story

The child was released Wednesday after treatment in the pediatric intensive-care unit at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, a spokeswoman there said.

Who did they release her to...I hope to God it wasn't the mother. It's painfully obvious she knows nothing about mothering!!!:furious:

The couple allegedly put the child to bed, then walked to the store and bought wine, which they consumed on their return to 500 block of Yellow Lily Court. Ms. Yelton told police that Ryan Gifford drank half a gallon of white wine, and that she went to bed after a wine cooler.

Okay, so all she had was a wine cooler. And she heard nothing while her baby was beaten head to toe, burned, raped, and sodomized???

Per video at the bottom of the page, it was the home of the boyfriend's parents.

Per video the jug of wine was for him and she purchased just a wine cooler.

http://law.rightpundits.com/?p=1455

I thought I was sick and furious until I read momma dried her off, dressed her, and PUT HER BACK TO BED.

OMG.

if you can suspend your sense enough to imagine taking baby to bf's, putting her to bed, leaving her alone (I assume, I guess there could be others there at the time, dear lord.) to get booze, passing out, waking to find naked bf locked with naked bleeding baby in the bathroom, HOW at this point do you not run screaming to the cops/hospital/anyone that will listen????

Sometimes I feel I shouldnt blame the mothers as much as I actually do, I wish this was a world you could trust anyone around your babies but IT IS NOT and while I could forgive mom for making mistakes all the way to finding them in the bathroom, I cannot overlook not sorting that IMMEDIATELY.

I'm with ya! The minute I saw the blood I would go into complete freak mode and call 911 or rush my child to the ER. My goodness - when my son had an ear infection and cried and cried, I took him to Urgent Care in the middle of the night. If he had blood running out his ears, I wouldn't pat it dry and put him back to bed.

The poor baby must have been screaming for hours.

Mom is a GD idiot and should be in jail. The baby will never be the same - sweet innocence lost at 21 months :(

Mel

I am so freakin tired of this crap! Any woman can give birth but it is a PRIVLEDGE to be a parent dam it!

I hope he gets exactly what is deserved... sodomized/burnt/and beat up in jail, every single day of those 75 years.. what a sick, sick individual.

I found this site 'WS' because I wanted more information on a girl who was missing one county over from me (Lindsey Baum). I enjoy the info shared, the hard work put into finding people, searching for justice, all the great minds at work here, the compasion of all walks of life coming together striving to help in anyway possiable, The Team Work.
BUT THIS STORY JUST KILLED A PEICE OF MY SANITY!!!!

I am a Mother of 2 children, that said this SB wouldn't have made it out of that bathroom! I am seeing nothing, hearing nothing I put baby on the bed step into the kitchen grab a knife, (sobbing choking on my grief, regret, puke, anger, sadness, fear, and RAGE) I find some lighter fluid, lighter, and a hammer.....I return to bathroom, proceed to beat the %&*# out of this SB, smashing both his feet first (he isn't going anywhere) I castrate him, (scream the scream of a mother who has died at the image of a naked man holding my baby in a locked bathroom, gone to the land of no return!!!!) I give him his preciouse 'Jewels' rite up side his head! and proceed to shower him with lighter fluid and light the wick of hair on his head!!! I turn lock the door and close it behind me. Sanity of a mother returns long enough to help my child and I grab my baby running for the door screaming for help!!!

HELP!!! None of this would have ever happend! My child would not be taken to a boyfriends house! No sitter, no visit to Boyfriends! I have always had a firm plan in my head (that has never even had to be used thus far in my life, Thankfuly) if for what ever reason I did not stay my lifetime with the father of my children I would never ever, parade my second tries at love or nookie calls thru my childrens life! Period I would date a man for a year maybe even 2 before I introduced them to my kids....Why becasue I feel it is the smart thing to do (this of course I applied to my infant, toddler, children, when my kids were older, able to talk to me, tell me whats going on etc I would alter this plan, if and only when I truly felt I knew this man and he even wanted a relationship that involved meeting my kids!) I am at a loss for women/men that work it any other way....why would you even risk the involvment of a good guy in your kids life until you knew it would be for some time, they get attached and hurt too..adults need to take parenting more seriously.

I found this site 'WS' because I wanted more information on a girl who was missing one county over from me (Lindsey Baum). I enjoy the info shared, the hard work put into finding people, searching for justice, all the great minds at work here, the compasion of all walks of life coming together striving to help in anyway possiable, The Team Work.

I am a Mother of 2 children, that said this SB wouldn't have made it out of that bathroom! I am seeing nothing, hearing nothing I put baby on the bed step into the kitchen grab a knife, (sobbing choking on my grief, regret, puke, anger, sadness, fear, and RAGE) I find some lighter fluid, lighter, and a hammer.....I return to bathroom, proceed to beat the %&*# out of this SB, smashing both his feet first (he isn't going anywhere) I castrate him, (scream the scream of a mother who has died at the image of a naked man holding my baby in a locked bathroom, gone to the land of no return!!!!) I give him his preciouse 'Jewels' rite up side his head! and proceed to shower him with lighter fluid and light the wick of hair on his head!!! I turn lock the door and close it behind me. Sanity of a mother returns long enough to help my child and I grab my baby running for the door screaming for help!!!

HELP!!! None of this would have ever happend! My child would not be taken to a boyfriends house! No sitter, no visit to Boyfriends! I have always had a firm plan in my head (that has never even had to be used thus far in my life, Thankfuly) if for what ever reason I did not stay my lifetime with the father of my children I would never ever, parade my second tries at love or nookie calls thru my childrens life! Period I would date a man for a year maybe even 2 before I introduced them to my kids....Why becasue I feel it is the smart thing to do (this of course I applied to my infant, toddler, children, when my kids were older, able to talk to me, tell me whats going on etc I would alter this plan, if and only when I truly felt I knew this man and he even wanted a relationship that involved meeting my kids!) I am at a loss for women/men that work it any other way....why would you even risk the involvment of a good guy in your kids life until you knew it would be for some time, they get attached and hurt too..adults need to take parenting more seriously.

wow dont hold back, what would you really do to him? ;)

i seriously hope they find lindsey, and still with us.

wow dont hold back, what would you really do to him? ;)

i seriously hope they find lindsey, and still with us.

I am facing some issues with all the wrongs being done to our kids, to humanity thru the printed word...;) I found just a smidgin of satisfaction in doing so. Enough I hope to keep me going, digging, hoping, praying, sluething, reading, for the day something I figure out,or point out helps a case, solves a case (we can hope)to be presant for another doing so, or for the Mircles where a child is found and returned home.

I cry for Lindsey and every missing, lost, victomized child, Please bring them home.

Alleged Toddler Rapist's Past May Shed Light on Attack
Last Update: 4/15 12:14 pm

We asked a leading psychiatrist, Dr. Fred Berlin, to review that report.

"Certainly this type of physical abuse and injury in association with sexual abuse is extremely rare. I mean the bulk of sex abuse cases, though obviously very wrong, don't involve physical force, coercion, things of that nature," said Berlin.

snip

"It is true that most people don't act this way even when they're intoxicated,” said Berlin, “In many cases, there's a preexisting vulnerability, but there are some drugs---PCP is one that comes to mind, where people can do things completely out of character simply because they're intoxicated with something that pushes them in a direction that they wouldn't ordinarily go."

Gifford did have the presence of mind to lock the bathroom door.

While his fate will now rest with the courts, Dr. Berlin says the young victim’s future may hinge on how she’s allowed to recover, both physically and emotionally.

"There's a difference between having been wronged and having been permanently damaged. Obviously what happened here is this child has been terribly wronged, but it would be a big mistake in my judgment like damaged goods and then, in that sense, the child picks up on it and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy," said Berlin.

Article: http://www.abc2news.com/mostpopular...-Shed-Light-on-At/NXGysJJ9XkyFjMwA7WJ4ug.cspx

Video: http://www.abc2news.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=22490@wmar.web.entriq.net

He tore this precious little baby apart when he both raped and sodomized her.

Doctors even gave her an exam for potential rape victims after they found swelling, redness and tears.

He also beat her literally head to toe. Crushed her toe. Split her lip. Bloodied her. Burned her calf and her little foot. Ripped her hair out.

How many hours did he torture this little baby?

At 4am mom hears the baby isn't breathing right *through the bathroom door with the shower running*. That's some loud, labored breathing from a baby to hear it through all that. That baby was in severe physical distress.

And what does mom do? She puts her brutalized baby to bed with no medical treatment - and goes back to sleep. Sleeps until 8am. Wakes up, looks at her baby, beaten, burned, and torn apart, in agony, and what does she do then? Goes back to sleep again until 11am!!

I am a fierce defender of the innocent parties in these cases. So much so that people get mad at me :) But I can not, by any stretch of the imagination, understand why this mother has not been arrested? She may not have abused her baby, but I can not wrap my head around how she did not neglect this poor little sweetheart.

I am trying so hard to understand why this woman has not been arrested, and I just can't.

Italicized info from: http://wjz.com/local/ryan.gifford.2.1633156.html
Other info from articles links throughout this thread.

God bless and protect this precious baby. Please help her heal. Take away her pain, and remove this horror from her memory quickly. Lead her to a place where she will be cared for. Infuse her with a feeling of being loved, and cared for, and safe.

'most abuse cases dont involve force or coerscion'

say what??!?!!?! what other option is there?

'most abuse cases dont involve force or coerscion'

say what??!?!!?! what other option is there?

yeah, I caught that as well. wtf? What do they involve then? engraved invitation?

ITA with BeanE, where are the charges against the mother? For all of the reasons already listed by previous posters, doesn't sound as if mom was putting forth even the bare minimum effort to ensure safety of her child. Wonder if mother is being investigated by DHS at least. I would hope.

i hope cps/dcfs/whatever has the baby. im sersiously gonna have a nervous breakdown this keeps up.

hang them both :(

---------------------------------
The only way to stop them is auto death penalty.If we cant get rid of them one way,try this.They are scum who should ALL be made to suffer what they did to the child.Send the bas%#*&( to Iraq and let them behead them!!! I am Pixxed at all of this going on!:furious:

----------------------------------You are sane! I would also castrate him along with his "hanging brain". He'd die before he got out of my house!!!

he'll go to prison for sure, how long...who knows but from what I hear, prisoners do not take kindly to baby rapers so hopefully he'll get his just desert there. As far as that woman goes, she should be put in prison as well. She has no right to have custody of this precious gem. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that would love to have her in their family. I will continue to pray for her safety and for her to have a stable life from now on that is full of only love. :praying:

I would have to disagree with the doctor and say that "not all cases of child sexual abuse involve physical force." Some do, some don't. But it doesn't matter, as a child has no right to consent.

One of our children "went along with the abuse" and even returned several more times to be raped. Problem was, she was 8 years old and seriously cognitively challenged. Coercion was used however...in spades. Rewards, praise, attention, special treatment. JMO

Not a whit of this matters, however, as babies and children have NO ability or right to consent whatsoever.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back