Deceased/Not Found MD - Sarah, 3, & Jacob Hoggle, 2, Clarksburg, 9 Sept 2014 *Arrest, incompetent* #2

A Montgomery County, Maryland, judge is hearing evidence and arguments Thursday that could determine whether Catherine Hoggle will ever stand trial in the 2014 disappearance of her two young children, Sarah and Jacob.

Under Maryland law, if Hoggle is not found competent to stand trial by Dec. 1, her murder charges must be dropped, and she would likely be held under a civil confinement.

i feel so bad for troy. watch her miraculously recover sooner than later. i hope they charge her and lock her in the hospital for 5 years of malignering again.

That's exactly as she wanted it. Now, she'll be out before you know it . . . will find her next victim . . . reproduce, and who knows what will happen -- history repeating itself?! <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
i feel so bad for troy. watch her miraculously recover sooner than later. i hope they charge her and lock her in the hospital for 5 years of malignering again.
I can't like your comment enough, cvaldez! She is a malingerer "par excellence"! Even her own mother knew that she was faking it to avoid prison.

I can't even pretend to understand her case. Why hurt Jacob & Sarah and not her 6 year old?? I am so confused by this woman.
I think it was solely because her 6 year old was wiser (due to age) and would not have been easily duped. She was able to physically control Jacob and Sarah much easier.

Hi! My name is Chelsie and I'm new to web sleuths! A case I am currently researching is the Hoggle Kids. In 2014, Sarah and Jacob Hoggle went missing, in my area, and were last seen by their mother. The murder charges towards her have been dropped, as she was diagnosed with schizophrenia, and the charges for murder were dropped, and somehow (?) the statue of limitations have passed (I'm not entirely sure how this can happen, and if someone could please help me, that would be great). I am trying to solve this case, and bring justice for these kids. Here are some of the most helpful resources I have found...

Maryland Judge Drops Murder Charges Against Catherine Hoggle in Case of Missing Children

Father of missing children ‘cautiously optimistic’ as Catherine Hoggle dismissal date nears - WTOP News

Still no answers 8 years after Hoggle children last seen with mother in Montgomery County

Thank you so much!

Chelsie

Thinking of Sarah and Jacob as we approach the anniversary date of their last being seen. After all the legal twists and turns, what happened at the MS Appeals Court, is Catherine to be held indefinitely, are the murder counts to stand, anything further about her possibility of being restored to sanity? I keep thinking of the grandparents- the day she left with each child, wasn't there cause for concern she shouldn't have even been alone with them, given her mental history? I realize hindsight is 20/20 but it seems they were to have supervised her with the children, or am I mixing this up with another case?

Please update case details, any legal info you may know.
Yeah so Troy, the father of Jacob and Sarah actually suggested to the doctors she's not alone with the kids, when she was first diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder. The doctors agreed with Troy, so no, she shouldn't have been with the kids and that is one thing that enrages me about this case.

She "disappeared" the children to punish her husband. She may have a personality disorder, but that does not exonerate her from the crimes that she has committed.

The children can't be too far from Catherine's parents' home as she was only gone 3 hours when she made Jacob disappear. I'm assuming Jacob and Sarah are in the same place.

Yeah so Troy, the father of Jacob and Sarah actually suggested to the doctors she's not alone with the kids, when she was first diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder. The doctors agreed with Troy, so no, she shouldn't have been with the kids and that is one thing that enrages me about this case.
Hi, I was wondering if you continued researching the case and found anything that could be helpful to us. I’m probably too late. Thank you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back