GUILTY MD - Sarah Foxwell, 11, Salisbury, 23 Dec 2009

That's interesting - the longer I'm on WS the angrier I get with the legal system that continues to let these slugs out of jail; let these slugs seal their juvenile records; pretend group therapy or any therapy helps; and provide the slug with who knows how many chances for rehabilitation. A child doesn't get a second chance!

Sorry, but if it wasn't Sarah the pedophile predator took, it would have been another child, perhaps one living next door or down the street. I do agree that in an ideal world every mom, dad, sister, uncle, and grandparent with a computer should/could do a sex offender check on neighbors, friends, and sig. others, but also in an ideal world, our legal system should remotely work in keeping therse slugs off the streets, and it doesn't. For me, my anger and energies are directed toward the dysfunctional system that continues to let these low-lifes roam around free. MOO

i ABSOLUTELY agree. sounds like this creep should never have been out roaming the streets. i wonder what evidence they have, or what caused them to arrest and charge this guy so fast? im not suggesting they have the wrong guy - it just usually takes longer to figure it all out. i pray that they can find her alive! this reminds me of jessica lundsford and that monster that took her...

He is listed on both the Maryland and Delaware sex offender registries. The Maryland listing notes that he is a child sex offender, but details about his conviction in Maryland were not immediately available.
He was convicted in 2001 in Delaware of rape for having sex with a victim who was 16 or 17 years old, according to the Delaware registry. The registry describes his risk level as "high" and notes he is unemployed.
Online court records indicate Leggs has a history of frequent contact with police. He's been convicted of assault several times. Leggs also is awaiting trial on charges of burglary and destruction of property in Ocean City, along with several traffic charges.
Leggs also faced domestic violence allegations involving his wife in 2006, and a judge granted her a protective order. The couple divorced in April, and Leggs' former wife took a new last name for herself and their child.

http://wbal.com/apps/news/templates/story.aspx?articleid=42369&zoneid=3

the longer I am on websleuths the angrier I am getting about people being either naieve/gullible/selfish or just not caring about the people they befriend/move in with/or trust with their children....

Boy you who have been on this site for years must just be beyond despair with the amount of times this is happening...

First of all mum must have problems if the kids are in the care of someone else, secondly this was familiar with the family!!!! and what gets me was there was NO forced entry......an adult has led this guy into this llittle girls life...

I really do not want everyone coming down on me for this but in alot of these cases, these adults are not leading decent lives in some way......

THAT my friend is the "dirty secret" that sometimes we have to overlook until the missing are found , hopefully safely

then...IMHO>>> fair game..

really if we look at so many of these cases we see horrible decisions....people who have no business caring for kids....so much violence, alcoholism, drug use....irresponsible people, mothers who just want a man in their life, they bring these guys in and don't know or care about their past..
it is NO coincidence that in so many of these tragic cases we learn that the states child welfare agency is already on familiar terms with these people...and often LE is familiar with some of them too

and the ones that suffer are the kids

This poor little girl...the way LE is talking this sure does not look good

really some of these "single moms" ought to take a look at who/why/what sort of guy is so eager to take on a woman with kids
this is just happening way too much

My thoughts are about Sarah Hailey today. I hope she is found alive, but it is hard to be optomistic at this point. This, IMO, is just another example of 1) offenders not being adequately punished or tracked and 2) parents or caregivers who make selfish decisions without regard for children's safety.
So sad.

”It was really cold and a nice lady had a warm blanket. A poisonous snake nearby was shivering and begged the lady just to pick him up long enough for him to get warm. She resisted saying "you are a poisonous snake and you will bite me and I'll die!" He begged and pleaded and promised not to bite her so she finally gave in and picked him up and wrapped him in the blanket. He bit her and as she was laying there dying she asked "why did you bite me - you promised you wouldn't?" As he slithered away he looked back and said: "Lady you knew I was a snake when you picked me up'!

Old fable :)

To me, these snakes are not going to change....our "system" keeps letting them out...and they are snakes and they do what snakes do...they strike again
:banghead::banghead::sick:
"high risk".. yet out...and of course dating a single woman with kids

ok - i know this is probably a stupid question, but i will ask anyway: sarah wasnt taken to her mother in florida? im sure this has been checked out, but its weird that the mother hasnt made any public statements. does anyone know why she was living with her aunt? and is the aunt her mothers sister or her fathers sister?
and if i understand correctly this creep is the aunt that sarah lives with, her boyfriend? just want to be sure i understand the set up here...

i ABSOLUTELY agree. sounds like this creep should never have been out roaming the streets. i wonder what evidence they have, or what caused them to arrest and charge this guy so fast? im not suggesting they have the wrong guy - it just usually takes longer to figure it all out. i pray that they can find her alive! this reminds me of jessica lundsford and that monster that took her...

Good morning nervous nellie...I know I had read somewhere last night in a article that they had found evidence in this truck that she had been in the truck. I will find the link and post it.

It seems the article I read that at has updated the article and it no longer includes that information about his truck...(sigh) I hate when they do that ! I will keep looking.

Search for Sarah Continues

Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis said during a Thursday morning press conference that police and other emergency responders- including dive teams- have been searching 25 different locations in Wicomico County in an effort to find Sarah. Lewis noted that in addition to the Sheriff's Office, Maryland State Police, Delaware State Police and other law enforcement agencies are assisting in the search, which has branched out from eastern Wicomico County to other parts of the county.

"This is absolutely a search and rescue mission" Lewis said. "We will continue to search until we find Sarah Foxwell. We will not give up."

On Wednesday, 30-year-old Thomas James Leggs, of Bennett Road in Salisbury, and a registered sex offender, was arrested and charged with one count of kidnapping and one count of first-degree burglary. Bond information was not immediately available.

snipped from http://www.wboc.com/global/story.asp?s=11724533

Praying for you Sarah. This is so sad :(

The search for a missing Wicomico County girl continues with fervor today.

Police have moved their command center from a church on Zion Road to Arthur W. Perdue Stadium.
Three helicopters continue to canvass from the sky and divers are searching the lake behind Village at Parsons Lake neighborhood.The pond in front of the former Powerwaves building at Walston Switch Road has been completely searched with no results, police said.

Thomas James Leggs, a 30-year-old registered sex offender who lives with his parents off Bennett Road in eastern Wicomico County, was taken into custody but has not helped police in locating the child.
Police plan to hold another news conference at the stadium at 2 p.m.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/...mand-center-moved-to-stadium-search-continues

Police Release Photo of Child Kidnapping Suspect's Vehicle

Police say that up to the time of his arrest, Leggs was driving a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup, four-door, long bed, champagne/tan in color with a matching cap, displaying Maryland registration 33M311.
Investigators say they know where the pickup is currently located. However, they are asking the public's assistance in helping them identify any locations that the vehicle may have been between 11 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 22 and 11 a.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 23.

11728313_BG1.jpg

http://www.wboc.com/global/story.asp?s=11728313

I still think Nervous - nellie has a point..

Just because they have a suspect, they still should be looking into other leads. Like the mother situation..

It's probably wishful thinking but hopefully she turns up in the arms of someone who wouldn't hurt her.

Thank you Darlin Gal for taking the time to update us web sleuthers. Did you say earlier you were part of a search team that notified police of a possible crime scene? Any updates on that? TIA

I found something that may be the mom... does her having 7 children sound right? Or wrong lady?

Sex offender charged in Md. girl's disappearance

Leggs, a former boyfriend of the aunt, is being held at the Wicomico County Detention Center without bail, Lewis said. He is being represented by the public defender's office, which did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

Leggs is listed on the Maryland and Delaware sex offender registries. The Maryland listing notes that he is a child sex offender, but does not give details about his conviction.

Lewis said Leggs has been convicted of sex offense in Wicomico County and was charged Oct. 29 with fourth-degree burglary.

"He was developed as a suspect early on in the investigation before we were aware of his criminal background, but he does have a criminal history to include third- and fourth-degree sex offenses of small young females," Lewis said.

In 2001, Leggs was convicted in Delaware of rape for having sex with a victim who was 16 or 17, according to the Delaware registry. The registry describes his risk level as "high" and notes he is unemployed.

Leggs, who has been convicted of assault several times, also is awaiting trial on charges of burglary and destruction of property in Ocean City.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/sex-offender-charged-in-255489.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back