MD - Shooting at Great Mills High School, 20 March 2018

Discussion in 'Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks' started by loveisthemovement, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Elley Mae

Elley Mae The enemy is here. beware

2. Isabelle

Isabelle Verified registered nurse

Agree, wondering whose gun he used?

3. BayouBelle_LA

BayouBelle_LA Well-Known Member

4. Ibiz

Ibiz Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

Very strange.

5. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

Just a wild guess that it was his dad’s. If that’s the case, the dad should be charged, imho. He was in the military, for God’s sakes!
    He should know gun safety.

6. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

Sadly, it shows those who are hellbent on harming others does not follow the rule of law. They never have and never will. History has shown that to be painfully true. Most homicides are done when the suspect/s has illegally obtained them.

While I imagine it belonged to someone in his home it is so easy nowadays to obtain an illegal weapon for very little money.

I am just so thankful they had an armed resource officer there who was at the shooting scene within a minute and eliminate the threat immediately. Until the Parkland shooting I had never heard of any officers cowardly hiding and not entering immediately as they are all trained to do and do so when the situation presents itself day in and day out in our country. Our officers run toward danger while others run away.

Scott Peterson, the school officer in Parkland is far from the norm that he is an oddball. That is why he immediately retired because he knew if he did not he would be fired and lose all benefits, rightly so. Although until that investigation of the sheriff's department is completed there may have been instructions to stand down and not enter the school by the higher ups before the shooting even happened. We will have to see what is uncovered once the investigation is over.

99.9% of armed officers in schools are just like this heroic officer and will do whatever it takes to protect everyone there. We do not need to train teachers and staff although many schools already have trained staff who are armed.

But what we need to protect all our children are armed officers in every school who are highly trained like this armed officer. It will not only create jobs but it will let the potential next shooters know schools are no longer a gun free zone, and soft targets. This teen probably thought the officer was too far away to engage him and bring him down.

We have armed security at concerts and sporting events where children go and many other places. We have them at all of our airports to ensure everyone (including children) is protected so the least we can do is have them in our schools to protect our children.

Children know the difference in a bad person entering a school with a gun with intent to kill them is far different than the friendly armed police officer/s who are there to protect them from those bad people should they try to enter while armed. I am sure all of the students there were thankful to have this armed officer who stopped the murderer in his tracks.

IMO

7. SpeckledCactys

SpeckledCactys Active Member

"On average, there is one school shooting every week in the U.S."

Really heartbreaking to see the above statistic.

Another one?

8. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

9. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

Maryland school shooting victim to be taken off life support, family says

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/22/us/maryland-school-shooting-jaelynn-willey/index.html

10. Spellbound

Spellbound falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus

Attached Files:

11. Isabelle

Isabelle Verified registered nurse

12. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native