MD MD - Tracey Tetso, 32, Rosedale, 6 Mar 2005 *D. Tetso guilty*

Wow...this is great news for her family. I can't believe it's been 4 years already.

Wow...this is great news for her family. I can't believe it's been 4 years already.

I agree. I'm happy to hear about the arrest. Families can't get closure but they can seek justice.

Goz

WoW!

I just saw this news. I can't believe they may have solved this case. Wonder what led them to the husband?:eek:

Hope they keep the public updated.

fran

See, this is some of the stuff I personally didn't know before. That he had stopped cooperating with LE and that their marriage was 'rocky.'

Guess I shouldn't be surprised. :(

JMHO
fran

Husband Arrested In Tracey Tetso's Murder

.......................snip........................

"Unfortunately, we don't have Tracey. So there's a lot of evidence we don't have, but we do have physical evidence. We have a lot of circumstantial evidence," said Cpl. Mike Hill, Baltimore County Police spokesperson.

Police say 44-year-old Dennis Tetso never fully cooperated with the investigation.

"Detectives have exhausted all leads. They have called him, but he has stopped returning their phone calls," said Bill Toohey, Baltimore County's chief police spokesperson.

Tracey went missing on March 6, 2005. She was on her way to a Motley Crue concert, but never made it there. Dennis Tetso reported her missing the next day. Tracey was last seen in Rosedale. She used her cellphone for the last time at 3 p.m. that day.

Police showed up, to the house where she and Dennis lived.

"I woke up in the morning and she wasn't there. I thought she stayed at a friend's house," said Dennis Tetso back in March 2005.

He told police and Eyewitness News she just disappeared.

"I've traveled that road. I've looked on the shoulders are the road," said Tetso. "People ask me what do you think? I don't want to think the worst."

.....................snip..................

Police still do not have the motive in the case.

Tracey's family has said in the past, the marriage was brief and rocky.

<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>
http://wjz.com/local/tracey.tetso.years.2.1050508.html

So weird - I was just thinking about Tracey like 2-3 days ago and just saw the updates to the thread this morning.

I am curious to hear what evidence they had that brought down the indictments.

There's not really going to be any "new" information - the only thing that has been said (on wjz.com, I believe) is something about surveillance of Dennis in Tracey's car (well we all know about the surveillance that shows her car being "dumped" in Glen Burnie). Since Dennis has (FINALLY) been arrested :behindbar - I think we're going to have to wait for the trial to find out what we've been wondering for so long, and obviously none of us would be able to discuss anything until after the trial is complete.

It's been a long time time coming - a very, very long 4+ years for us...The news Thursday caught many of us off guard, but lifted a huge weight off of our chests,,,,

So weird - I was just thinking about Tracey like 2-3 days ago and just saw the updates to the thread this morning.

I am curious to hear what evidence they had that brought down the indictments.

:eek:

And I just read this whole thread for the first time last night! And now this!

I am so pleased that Tracey's family that there may be the beginning of justice for her. That still does not locate her body, tho.

Dennis drove a concrete mixer and delivered concrete to building sites - guess LE should check his delivery schedule to see where he delivered concrete in the days following Tracy's disappearance. He would know in advance when a slab/foundation footers would be poured - hard to find a body in concrete. Just a thought

If there was only one set of keys to her car what was he doing with them when the car was found somewhere else? If Tracy drove the car herself wouldn't she have had the keys when she disappeared? I don't know why he hasn't been named a suspect either. No one else had a motive but him. I wonder what he did with her??? There are so many people missing who have been missing for quite awhile and it is like they vanished into thin air. You would think that hunters would run across their bodies or hikers. It's really frustrating.

LE's going over everything - getting all their "ducks in a row". Again - won't know details until trial which I'm reading (but have not personally heard) is expected to be at years end. Maryland has the technology to xray concrete. All scenarios have been taken into consideration and I'm sure have been explored - his occupation, the "car key" issue, etc... We're still not clear what all led to the arrest - it's being reported that it has something to do with surveillance.

We're still not clear what all led to the arrest - it's being reported that it has something to do with surveillance.

Respectfully snipped and bolded by me: I thought the article on WBAL's webpage said something about a type of technology that wasn't available four years ago. Maybe they were able to enhance existing footage of her car going thru the tunnel and they could pinpoint him driving. Or the footage at the hotel where the car was left. Just guessing.

The arrest is wonderful news, but it doesn't offset the fact that Tracey has never been found. She's the third missing Baltimore County woman that I know of who seemed to vanish off the face of the earth (Michelle Rust and Bernadette Caruso being the other two). Husbands are clearly suspects in those cases as well. What does this say about LE techniques in Baltimore County? Cause you know the perp husbands weren't rocket scientists to be able to get away with their crimes.

There's another case - Michelle Moseley (sp?) in Baltimore County. Michelle wasn't married, and no the case was not handled properly. Michelle has not been found. Bernadette's husband was a police officer and the Michelle Rust case is similar to Tracey's - I have high hopes for her family that they are also taking a second look at what they've got for her. They way the surveillance info is being reported sounds like it's the tunnel surveillance, but we have to keep in mind that the media gets things wrong a lot and the wrong info does not get corrected (we've seen this several times w/Tracey's case, confusion w/details). I personally think that there should be standard procedure in all states across the board w/missing persons cases - stricter guidelines adult or not. Missing adult cases should be taken more seriously (I know all adults have the right to "disappear" - but time should be taken to determine whether that person disappeared on their own or were killed). We won't know what LE's done or what they have been doing until the trial - they'll give you tid bits, but keep most info close to their belts. Not having a body is difficult - but, there was another case in Elkridge, Md (Howard County, Maryland) that there was a speedy conviction (of course the whole investigation, etc took years) of another husband who killed his wife - the Nancy Riggins case. The husband was jailed for having an affair w/a minor (the babysitter - 14 years old) for 4 years, then they eventually got enough to charge him w/the murder of his wife - he (6 years after the trial) finally took the detectives (who visited him regularly for info) to Nancy's remains. We'll see how this whole thing plays out - but I am convinced that LE has what they need (w/out the body) to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt, and hopefully we will get Tracey back before/after it's all said and done. The Riggins husband was taking his future parole hearing into consideration even though it's years off (although I don't think he should ever be paroled for what he did to his wife and the pain it caused his children).

Suspect In Wife's Slaying Free On Bail
Woman Disappeared 4 Years Ago

A Rosedale man charged with the slaying of his wife four years ago won a court battle Monday to be free on bail.

Dennis Joseph Tetso, 44, of Rosedale, was indicted June 15 in the slaying of his wife, Tracey Tetso, who was 32 at the time of her disappearance. He was arrested Thursday where he worked without incident and had been held at the Baltimore County Detention Center.

11 News reporter David Collins said Monday that Tetso went from a no-bond status to a $50,000 cash bail and will be on home detention. He will be allowed to go to work and visit his children in Anne Arundel County, Collins reported.

Baltimore County judge Patrick Cavanaugh considered Tetso's clean criminal history and the fact that he remained in Baltimore County since his wife's disappearance before deciding that Tetso wasn't a flight risk.

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/19825489/detail.html

... the fact that he remained in Baltimore County since his wife's disappearance before deciding that Tetso wasn't a flight risk.

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/19825489/detail.html

Snipped and bolded by me: Maybe now that he's been indicted and arrested, he IS a flight risk. He probably thought he committed the perfect crime before. I don't get a warm, fuzzy feeling from the fact that the judge granted bail and only made it $50K.

Christian Sinott died! I hope that won't hinder the prosecution!

Trial started on the 8th, still going on..

http://wjz.com/local/tracey.tetso.years.2.1963114.html

Additional stories are also at link.

They have the husband's cell phone records showing he was near the Harbor Tunnel and in Glen Burnie (where her car was found). His story had been that he didn't leave the house that night.

They also have taped calls between Tracy and her husband - she telling him to get out of the house. The calls played in court were taped at Tracy's work - and her boss played the calls between Tracy and her boyfriend for Dennis Tetso. Not sure why he did that......

Hope they have enough evidence to prove this to the jury.

After nearly a week of deliberations, a jury has found a Baltimore County man guilty of second-degree murder in the death of his wife in 2005, even though her body was never found.

Dennis Tetso was found guilty of killing his wife, Tracey, who disappeared in March 2005 after she left the couple's Rosedale home to see a concert in Washington, D.C.

According to the state's attorney's office, the conviction is the first of its kind in Baltimore County where a body wasn't found but a murder conviction was handed down.

(more at link)

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/25478758/detail.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288