MD - Zyana, 2, & Norell Harris, 1, stabbed to death in 'exorcism', 17 Jan 2014

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by hollye, Jan 18, 2014.

1. hollye

hollye Active Member

CRIME
    Zakieya Latrice Avery accused of murdering two children

"(WJLA) - Police have charged a 28-year-old Germantown mother with murder in the deaths of two of her children."

"On Friday, Montgomery County police officers responded to the 19000 block of Cherry Bend Drive where they discovered four children had been assaulted. Two of the children were pronounced dead on scene and the other two were transported to an area hospital. A 21-year-old woman was also transported for medical treatment."

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...rdering-two-children-99406.html#ixzz2qlXDpXHa
    Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

Hollye

2. hollye

hollye Active Member

"Officers responded to the 19000 block of Cherry Bend Drive around 9:30 a.m. Friday after a neighbor reported a vehicle with the door open and a knife laying outside.
    Two children, ages one and two, were found dead inside the home. Two other children, ages five and eight, along with a woman, were transported to local hospitals."

"Officers were dispatched to the home Thursday evening after a neighbor noticed an unattended child in a car. Before officers arrived, two women exited the townhouse, retrieved the child, and re-entered the home.
    Officers tried to speak with the residents but received no response at the door. Montgomery County Child Protective Services was notified and asked to follow up."

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...gomery-county-police-99387.html#ixzz2qlYYr1lr
    Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

Hollye

3. Elphaba

Elphaba Defying Gravity...

4. JoeFromLB

JoeFromLB Active Member

Simply unbelievable. What kind of people could do something like this?!

Those poor babies...rest in peace.

5. RJA00

RJA00 Bring HaLeigh Home !!!

This happened in the county I grew up in

so sad

GERMANTOWN, Md. (WJZ) — Tragedy strikes a Montgomery County neighborhood. Police say two children were found dead and three others, including two other children, are severely injured inside a Germantown home.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2014/...injured-at-germantown-home-person-in-custody/

GERMANTOWN, Md. (WUSA9) -- A mother killed two of her own children while performing an exorcism in Germantown, Md

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...yland-exorcism-mother-charged-murder/4646937/

I searched and did not see this posted if duplicate sorry in advance

6. nightwatch

nightwatch Active Member

I agree, the follow-up is horrific.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4626451/

ciao

7. Cherry

Cherry Pie

I couldn't believe the follow up, this is a local story and it was said the 2nd female had self inflicted injuries, was in hospital then charged as well. How horrific that anyone would think something like exorsism is real.....sigh. I hope the other two children live.

8. Maya Love

Maya Love I've been warped by the rain, driven by the snow

Is this being disc on another thread? This is local for me. Very interesting case. Two women, religious beliefs, possible mental illness but the dynamic of 2 killers? Poor babies. Waiting to hear more info, been reading the comments sections on all local articles, seems poverty was a real issue in this family and they had moved around quite a lot recently- a lot of commenters say she was a good mother and humble, but pastor says def mental illness.

9. Maya Love

10. al66pine

al66pine New Member

from http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...fe3bc4-804a-11e3-95c6-0a7aa80874bc_story.html

Avery’s Facebook page has smiling photographs of her children and several, serious postings about faith, God and the Devil.
    On Nov. 21, 2011, Avery wrote that the world was unsafe.
    “People are being deceived left and right every day and don’t care to realize it,” she wrote. “They think it’s safe and everything’s a game when this world is owned by satan himself who wants to dumb us down to think there’s no consequences for what we do.”

No consequences for what we do, she said???

11. nightwatch

nightwatch Active Member

[modsnip]. Stabbing defenseless children. If there is a death penalty in MD these two women can go meet Satan :mad:

ciao

12. nightwatch

nightwatch Active Member

Sorry mod for getting carried away :D

ciao

13. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ New Member

I've been following this story too. Heartbreaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Elley Mae

Elley Mae The enemy is here. beware

bbm I'll go with this

15. Maya Love

Mother's appearance in court tomorrow.
    No death penalty in Md.
    wondering what the 21 yo woman's part in this is, they arrested her on same charges, but said she was injured.
    Mother ran from the house, so she knew what she did was wrong. Really interested in finding out more about her religion and what beliefs she carried regarding exorcism. Terribly sad.

16. nightwatch

nightwatch Active Member

In this huff post
    article it mentioned that their pastor named Darryl Jones would not comment.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4630890/

ciao

17. Maya Love

18. Maya Love

Headlining JVM now.

19. Maya Love

"... Avery said she is the leader of the Demon Assassins, which has four members. She said on Thursday night she and Sanford were set to perform an exorcism on a man named Troy, which is why the children were kept outside in a car, prompting a 911 call from a neighbor..."

snipped from http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...-241314991.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DCBrand

I can't even swallow what I read in above link. I am astounded, I knew this was bad, but the story is sickening beyond belief. The insanity. Where is this man Troy?

20. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ New Member

Thud...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk