GUILTY ME - Adam Keene for child endangerment, Hallowell, 2013

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Reader, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Reader

Reader New Member

http://www.centurylink.net/news/rea...p-maine_man_charged_after_son_takes_gun_to-ap

HALLOWELL, Maine (AP) — The father of a 4-year-old who brought his dad's loaded handgun to a Maine day care center has been charged with reckless conduct.

Prosecutors said Wednesday that 31-year-old Adam Keene of Madison will be summoned to court to face the misdemeanor charge.

District Attorney Maeghan Maloney says Keene acted in a manner that could have ended in tragedy, but because she thinks his acts were unintentional, he won't face a felony charge.........more.......

Maybe if these parents were charged with felonies and reported for negligence they would start paying attention to where the heck their guns are! I am sooooo tired of reading these types of stories. There is NO excuse for this IMO. The gun was obviously not locked up.

2. Loading...

3. Capri

Capri New Member

4. time

time New Member

I'm glad some parent is finally being charged for letting a child get their gun(s) even if the claim is that the backpack was supposed to serve only from the car to the house and he, oops, just FORGOT about the gun - give me a break.

5. time

time New Member

Me too! As you can tell. He should be charged with a felony! I don't care if it's intentional or not either. If it's your gun, you have a responsibility to keep it locked. That gun even had a bullet in it.

6. Capri

Capri New Member

The father sounds like a piece of work, he kept a loaded gun in the house and points it at the family dog.....

7. Capri

Capri New Member

and then....oops...reported it stolen!

8. time

time New Member

I know, eh!?!
    :liar:

What's also scary is this man seems to have some history of violence per his wife.

9. time

time New Member

That should count as child abuse if the kid is around... it's sick.

You know what's sad is that he will get a slap on the hand and we will probably hear some bad news concerning this guy in the not too distant future.

10. Capri

Capri New Member

And how many times have we heard this
    geez

11. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

I am so over morons. Seriously. If you want to exercise your right to own a gun that is peachy but if your kid has access to your gun or you fail to secure it properly you bet your bippy you ought to be charged.

Sheesh.

I am sick unto death of this same story over and friggin over.

12. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

December 2013:

http://www.centralmaine.com/2013/12...ght_gun_to_hallowell_day_care_pleads_guilty_/