https://tinyurl.com/vgzuyp5

ME ME - Anneliese Heinig, 37, Richmond, 26 Nov 2019 *vehicle found*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by mlhenn, Nov 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

From where did you understand this? Here, news, or do you know the family?

Can anyone just ping a phone? I don't know how it's done.

Flicka1, AnnaGrace, sassyblue and 5 others like this.

2. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what's been reported so the other poster either got mixed up or the reporting isn't accurate.

3. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

4. Melpie233

Melpie233 Member

But it appears that Richmond police did not know that Maine State Police had interacted with the vehicle. Heinig’s family posted online Nov. 30, two days after they reported Heinig missing, that investigators pinged her phone, which led them to a towing company in South Portland that had the Mercury SUV in its lot all along.

Flicka1, AnnaGrace, carbuff and 4 others like this.
  5. Melpie233

Melpie233 Member

6. Serpico Charlie

Serpico Charlie Active Member

I do not know this.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    Flicka1, AnnaGrace, Artis and 8 others like this.
  7. ASheehy

ASheehy Well-Known Member

I agree with some of your assessment, but the road isn't at all curvy: it's relatively straight for miles. Also, the closest exit to where her car was found is maybe a mile north give or take bc we obviously dont know the exact location. The closest exit prior to that is about 4 miles south and the next exit after the one closest to her car is over 10 miles north, so there aren't many exits close together.
    I think you're thinking of the Portland exits, which isn't close to where her car was found. In this picture, exit 9 is near the bottom and exit 10 is at the top. There's only 1 Falmouth exit. The highway isn't exactly a straight line, but definitely isn't curvy.

Attached Files:

Flicka1, carbuff, Artis and 5 others like this.
  8. ASheehy

No, they're not close together - maybe about 2+ miles apart.

Flicka1, Artis, Steelslady and 4 others like this.
  9. PixieStix

PixieStix Well-Known Member

Exit 9 is the Washington exit which I mentioned how the exits were in my post. We looked for mile marker 9 but it was dark and didn't find it. I thought I had read somewhere that mile marker 9 was missing. I am not sure that is true or not but could explain why I didn't find it.

I am not thinking of the Portland exits. I have lived in this area 30 years and 20 in Portland I am very aware of the exits on 295. I explained which exits I was talking about in my post. Not interested in arguing in any way about this. I just found this, which states the mileage between the exits, so what we marked last night is pretty accurate in how many miles between exits and there is more than 1 Falmouth exit. Starting from the first exit 9 Washington St, it's at 6.97 miles. The next exit is Falmouth Foreside (technically also exit 9 but a Falmouth exit) which is at 7.12 miles, and to the bridge is at 9.45 miles. The connector to 95 is the next exit at 10.62 miles which is also a Falmouth/Cumberland exit. So from Washington St exit to the exit past the river bridge is only about 3 miles total with where her car potentially was is even less.
    Interstate 295 (Maine) - Wikipedia

Flicka1, AnnaGrace, Artis and 5 others like this.
  10. Meredith28

Meredith28 Well-Known Member

Going northbound, Washington Avenue is exit #8. Exit #9 is Falmouth Foreside (Route 1) and exit #10 is Bucknam Road.

Going southbound, Exit #10 is Bucknam, Exit #9 is Baxter Blvd/Washington Ave., Exit #8 is Washington Ave, and Exit #7 is Marginal Way.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  11. PixieStix

Exit 7 is Franklin St the exit before Washington.

Flicka1, AnnaGrace, Artis and 6 others like this.
  12. Meredith28

Correct, exit 7 northbound is Franklin St., which is pretty far from the suspected area where the car was found/parked.

Flicka1, AnnaGrace, Artis and 5 others like this.
  13. PixieStix

Correct which is why I didn't mention it ;)

Flicka1, Artis, Steph8angels and 3 others like this.
  14. Seajay

Seajay Gannon is my HERO

No problem, we all make mistakes. Sometimes we will see or read an article from a non sanctioned source and then forget where were saw it, just that we did. It’s all good.

15. Meredith28

It would be really helpful if we could confirm for certain the actual location of where the car was found. If she was closer to Washington Avenue going Southbound, it would have been really easy for her to get several places in the city or to find someone to help if that's what was needed.

If she was further north between the Falmouth Foreside and exit 10, that would have been tricky, because there is a greater distance between the exits and not much access to houses or businesses without walking a bit.

Flicka1, carbuff, Artis and 7 others like this.
  16. ASheehy

I had earlier mentioned that mile marker 9 going southbound was missing as of a few months ago, so that's where you saw it. I provided maps that show where mile marker 9 is going northbound.

You should check out town lines. And show a map of where there are 2 exits in Falmouth and how it's very curvy. I only bring this up bc you're possibly adding incorrect info about a location that isn't relevant.

Flicka1, Artis, Steelslady and 3 others like this.
  17. PixieStix

100% this. I wish LE would say exactly where her car was found although LE did confirm in later articles that her car was northbound, not southbound like originally reported and that she was walking southbound back towards Portland. That at least clears up a bit. There is a lot of water areas past the Falmouth Foreside exit and fewer neighborhoods. It would make a huge difference if her car was parked/found further north of the Presumscot River bridge or south before it considering that she was walking south.

I just hope AH's family gets some information one way or another as to what happened to her. Not knowing is worse IMO.

Flicka1, carbuff, Artis and 5 others like this.
  18. ASheehy

Washington ave isn't relevant and mention of it by others is only causing more confusion and speculation. Her car was definitely found much farther north.

Flicka1 and maine2016 like this.
  19. PixieStix

Yes, I knew I read that somewhere about the missing 9-mile marker thanks for clarifying. I did post a link to the exits on 295 showing more than 1 Falmouth exit. Like I said lived in the area 30 years, Portland 20. Anyway moving on...

20. Meredith28

I think I read a few different articles naming various locations, and AH's mother's Facebook post specifically mentioned Washington Ave. Based on the search area, it would seem that the car was found somewhere between the Falmouth Foreside exit and Bucknam Road. Not intending to add confusion, just clarifying the lay of the land.

Flicka1, maine2016, carbuff and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.