ME ME - Anneliese Heinig, 37, Richmond, 26 Nov 2019 *vehicle found*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by mlhenn, Nov 30, 2019.

1. interestedincases

interestedincases I would rather be fishing...

I found this same information yesterday while looking around trying to find updates. You could tell from photos that home life was rough :( My hope is that this brings a better path versus going deeper in.

Agree 100%. It seems her family IS talking to media and I applaud them so much. Instead of rumors running, they have faced the truth head on. Even though it's very sad information, it's so honest and I don't think bad of her at all for what was published, I feel sad that she continued to battle her demons and possibly was not able to overcome them.

2. happyday

happyday Well-Known Member

BBM

Me either. But it sounds like the family has been through the ringer with her and they just know.

So sad and I worry about her kids. I hope she is found quickly if she is indeed deceased so they can at least have closure.

sallye818, Suglo, Flicka1 and 12 others like this.
  3. happyday

happyday Well-Known Member

BBM

Could it be she quickly walked down off the highway to the water? Maybe she was only visible walking for a very short time and that’s when she was seen? That’s been an odd thing from the beginning for me, but it could be explainable. Maybe she walked further away before doing whatever she did and she’s not in that immediate area?

Suglo, Flicka1, mlhenn and 8 others like this.
  4. Coffiecat

Coffiecat Well-Known Member

The family only acknowledged after media got the info vie FOIA filings, and confronted the family with it. Then her father offered some replies.

Flicka1, OnlyFacts, Beth11311 and 8 others like this.
  5. Coffiecat

Coffiecat Well-Known Member

Besides the tow truck driver, is there any indication that she didn't leave the vehicle much earlier? LE and/or family has the info about her FB postings and cell phone pings, but we don't...

Flicka1, happyday, Artis and 5 others like this.
  6. Serpico Charlie

Serpico Charlie Active Member

They have searched the areas of her "disappearance" extensively. No evidence, no body. Anneliese is still missing and I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this only shoddily fits a suicide narrative.

7. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

There have been cases here where the missing person was not found for months or even longer, even when they were right there all the time, in an area already searched. One woman, a few years ago, was something like 30 yards from her front door, another (a suicide) on her own land and not found for a year. And water can be especially tricky...sometimes people are found right away, sometimes months later...
    Jmo

Meredith28, songbrd, Suglo and 19 others like this.
  8. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

With the big snowstorm we had last week, she could have been in quite a visible place but invisible under the snowbanks. We've had quite a bit of warm rain over the last couple of days and much if not all of the snow has melted; I'm hoping maybe now they can find her.

I struggle with depression that comes and goes. In a bad time, all I can think is how everybody would be better off if I wasn't there screwing up their lives. It helps when something like this reminds me how untrue that feeling is.

Wowno17, Cj707, Meredith28 and 22 others like this.
  9. PixieStix

PixieStix Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear of AH's struggles. It does sound like self-harm was a real possibility in this case. Regardless I hope they can find a body if that is the case so the family can have closure and put sweet Anneliese to rest. There are still a few questions that make this case strange, and I hope LE can find out all the answers soon.

10. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

Just catching up and read the news story. Wow, very through, although I winced at some of the details they included. To see such an intimate account of the struggles she faced must be heartbreaking to her family.

I agree with everything you state Artis, and hope the family immediately gets intervention for her daughter. She needs help now.

11. EmmaRose

EmmaRose Well-Known Member

Carbuff, HUGS!! You are one of my favorite contributors on Websleuths. We are here for you anytime you need us!!

12. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

I've battled depression for most of my life and also have PTSD. I hear you. While I lucked out on not getting the gene for becoming an addict, some of my loved ones had (passed on) or do have it. So many people in pain :(

Meredith28, sallye818, Suglo and 16 others like this.
  13. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

SBM

In her photos, even the close up, she had a very far away look in her eyes, as though she was someplace else. Now we know that she was.

14. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Aw thanks. :)

15. Seajay

Seajay Never pass up an opportunity to pee

Depression and addiction are real. Sometimes they go hand in hand. People with depression will self medicate to try to feel normal and to not feel the emotional pain all the time.

A good therapist will work wonders. Plus a willingness to get better. Anneliese tried treatment and while it seemed to help in the short term, in the long term, it wasn’t enough for her.

She had demons that she fought daily. She lost the battle. That’s the sad truth of depression and addiction. It happens to way too many. IME

Meredith28, sallye818, Suglo and 18 others like this.
  16. Dushi

Dushi Well-Known Member

My heart breaks for her, her family and her children.
    I hope there is closure soon.
    It is very sad.

17. Beth11311

Beth11311 Well-Known Member

Perspective - we see how huge the ripples are that go out when someone is gone especially in this manner. So many are affected. You are needed!

18. Beth11311

Beth11311 Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry. It truly is a battle but the alternative is much worse even on the days, weeks, or months that it doesn’t feel like it. There is always a light...it’s just trusting it’s there when you can’t see it.

sof1e, Meredith28, Flicka1 and 9 others like this.
  19. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

Back atchya, Beth.

I think when people commit suicide that they are not in their right minds and depression makes people vulnerable to that seriously faulty thinking.

20. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

Regardless of all we've learned, I would still not be comfortable writing Anneliese off as a suicide until that's proved. Missing is missing.