ME ME - Anneliese Heinig, 37, Richmond, 26 Nov 2019 *vehicle found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depression and addiction are real. Sometimes they go hand in hand. People with depression will self medicate to try to feel normal and to not feel the emotional pain all the time.

A good therapist will work wonders. Plus a willingness to get better. Anneliese tried treatment and while it seemed to help in the short term, in the long term, it wasn’t enough for her.

She had demons that she fought daily. She lost the battle. That’s the sad truth of depression and addiction. It happens to way too many. IME

THIS. No one in my family on either side has any history of addiction, but circumstances led me to self-medicate. My husband on the other hand has a very addictive personality and a major family history of drug/alcohol abuse. Whether genetic or not, drugs and alcohol are such a common coping mechanism...but they just exacerbate the issue. Always here to support others, if anyone ever needs to talk my “ears” are always open.

Depression and addiction are real. Sometimes they go hand in hand. People with depression will self medicate to try to feel normal and to not feel the emotional pain all the time.

A good therapist will work wonders. Plus a willingness to get better. Anneliese tried treatment and while it seemed to help in the short term, in the long term, it wasn’t enough for her.

She had demons that she fought daily. She lost the battle. That’s the sad truth of depression and addiction. It happens to way too many. IME

THIS. No one in my family on either side has any history of addiction, but circumstances led me to self-medicate. My husband on the other hand has a very addictive personality and a major family history of drug/alcohol abuse. Whether genetic or not, drugs and alcohol are such a common coping mechanism...but they just exacerbate the issue. Always here to support others, if anyone ever needs to talk my “ears” are always open.
Back atchya, Beth.

I think when people commit suicide that they are not in their right minds and depression makes people vulnerable to that seriously faulty thinking.
Absolutely. When we are in those spaces, it’s impossible because it feels like it will go on forever. That’s the really crappy part about mental health stuff...your brain literally isn’t working. That’s where support, a therapist, etc come in handy when we can’t think straight ourselves. Having others there to remind us.

At my deepest "they'd be better off without me," I wasn't thinking suicide. I was thinking just walking out and going...well, not really thinking, just going anywhere that wasn't here. I was leaving the gym to meet Mr. Carbuff and I felt like I just couldn't. I was going to keep walking...but middlest kid came running for a hug, and that was the end of that. It was a long way out from there, but from then I knew I could do it. If AH had a fight with her daughter, or saw her doing something particularly dangerous, I can see her thinking the the best thing she could do would be leave. It wouldn't be true, but I can totally empathize.

A new member on another thread asked why we are here at WS. This thread is a perfect example. The compassion and care expressed here will not be found at other sites. Thank you people for being such awesome humans :)

Hugs to those who suffer or are suffering now through depression. I hope you know, even on here, if you are feeling this way, there is plenty of us that care and are more than willing to help any time. Just reach out. There's private messages for those who don't want this discussed on the board.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you. You matter and you are important to many people in your life. You matter HERE, too!

A new member on another thread asked why we are here at WS. This thread is a perfect example. The compassion and care expressed here will not be found at other sites. Thank you people for being such awesome humans :)
And that is why all of us are needed. We each bring our own brand of compassion and awesomeness to these cases. It takes a certain type of person to care so much for people we’ve never met. How many times have we cried when a case we were on didn’t turn out well? So many have said they want to cry with that article about Anneliese and the probability that she jumped off a bridge. You sleuthers are amazing human beings. Each one of you is unique and brings something to each case. We hold each other up while trying to locate our missing people.

There are truly wonderful people here. I wish we were allowed more leeway in speaking about life but if we do, too much, mods will shut the thread down and delete the posts. Just sayin' for those who don't know or tend to forget.

Anneliese was added to NAMUS today: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Original

Circumstances

Date of Last ContactNovember 26, 2019
NamUs Case CreatedDecember 10, 2019
Last Known Location Map
Location Richmond, Maine
CountySagadahoc County

Circumstances of Disappearance
Anneliese was last heard from on November 26, 2019. Her car was found abandoned along 295 in Falmouth.

(I almost didn't find her thread as her last name is spelled "Heining" on NAMUS)

So someone did have contact with her on the day she went missing? The day she changed her Facebook profile picture around 2:30am and then was seen in the highway 4-5 hours later?
Don't know and important question.

Her family has said that they don't why she'd gone to or been in Portland and I'm not even sure that's a for sure thing because her car was north of there. Maybe she'd been somewhere south of where she lived but still north of Portland? They may know, if they got her phone records, but no one has mentioned them.

Don't know and important question.

Her family has said that they don't why she'd gone to or been in Portland and I'm not even sure that's a for sure thing because her car was north of there. Maybe she'd been somewhere south of where she lived but still north of Portland? They may know, if they got her phone records, but no one has mentioned them.
I was commenting on the post above mine which surprised me. It’s says here:
Circumstances

from @Gardener1850 ’s posting.

I was commenting on the post above mine which surprised me. It’s says here:
Circumstances

from @Gardener1850 ’s posting.

Okay, gotcha. I don't think we know if anyone actually had contact with her on the 26th. The day before, probably. Could be that date is used just because she was deemed missing on Tuesday when her car was towed. I've not heard anything about anyone having contact with her on that date.

Okay, gotcha. I don't think we know if anyone actually had contact with her on the 26th. The day before, probably. Could be that date is used just because she was deemed missing on Tuesday when her car was towed. I've not heard anything about anyone having contact with her on that date.
Yes not sure either. That was news to me to see that stated under NAMUS filing.

Though I may not have sufficient time to elaborate this morning, I have a confirmed contact and location for Anneliese at approximately 130am on Tuesday, the 26th. I can also report that a credible source suggests that there were no "suspicious" calls or texts made prior to her disappearance.

Last edited:
They have searched the areas of her "disappearance" extensively. No evidence, no body. Anneliese is still missing and I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this only shoddily fits a suicide narrative.

I am not sure it "shoddily" fits a suicide scenario, I would say that it is one a few possible scenarios.

I frequently post this Sherlock Holmes quote:
“It is a capital mistake to theorize in advance of the facts. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts.”

The loose ends for me are:
  • A tow truck driver that would not instantly turn around when seeing her walking in the hopes of getting a tow job? Really? Towing is a competitive business, in some cases hand to mouth. If he works for a company, he would be wanting to impress management by getting a tow. If independent, he would be looking to feed his family.
  • No body. It's a little difficult to determine suicide, homicide or walk away without a body. Educated guesses perhaps, but not facts.
  • Depression and past suicidal thoughts do not always a suicide act make. I have tracked missing people in an altered state of mind. They do some odd things and sometimes succumb to exposure, not willful suicide.
It is possible she jumped into water from a bridge? Yes, it is possible she did, but lets not out of hand dismiss other potential scenarios until a body is located.

Last edited:
Though I may not have sufficient time to elaborate this morning, I have a confirmed contact and location for Anneliese at approximately 130am on Tuesday, the 26th. I can also report that a credible source suggests that there were no "suspicious" calls or texts made prior to her disappearance.

Consider getting yourself certified as a verified insider to WS. This way your information would carry more weight and make the jobs of the WS Moderators a lot easier. They could be forced to edit your posts if the information is not verifiable. Just some helpful advice.

I am not sure it "shoddily" fits a suicide scenario, I would say that it is one a few possible scenarios.

I frequently post this Sherlock Holmes quote:
“It is a capital mistake to theorize in advance of the facts. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts.”

The loose ends for me are:
  • A tow truck driver that would not instantly turn around when seeing her walking in the hopes of getting a tow job? Really? Towing is a competitive business, in some cases hand to mouth. If he works for a company, he would be wanting to impress management by getting a tow. If independent, he would be looking to feed his family.
  • No body. It's a little difficult to determine suicide, homicide or walk away without a body. Educated guesses perhaps, but not facts.
  • Depression and past suicidal thoughts do not always a suicide act make. I have tracked missing people in an altered state of mind. They do some odd things and sometimes succumb to exposure, not willful suicide.
It is possible she jumped into water from a bridge? Yes, it is possible she did, but lets not out of hand dismiss other potential scenarios until a body is located.

I agree with all of this, save the information of Anneliese actually being observed by anyone. Also, the tow truck driver, as described in an earlier post by PunkCake [page 9], would not necessarily pull over to help as liability and obstruction to other calls may prevent them from doing so legally...
Tow Truck/Impound tid bits. I'm not at all in this area. BUT I dispatched privately, through AAA contract, and through the PD.

My drivers do not stop and engage if they see someone seemingly broken down in the road. Why? Liability and obstructing other calls. They would occasionally call in and say "you might get a tow for a such & such"

AAA does not tow without the member with the vehicle.
The police normally contract with civilian tow companies and impounds unless its a vehicle needed to be searched forensically.

The police call in an unattended vehicle ( tbh, they called super fast. the car wasn't even sitting for 12 hours) we pick it up, log the VIN and the place it was towed from and thats it. We personally cannot contact people that their car has been impounded and a lot of the time, the police don't bother either.

I've had people that came to the office saying that they saw their vehicle was missing, and figured out it had been impounded but would literally have to play a big game of telephone to determine where the car was actually towed to.

I'm in jersey though.

Also, depending on your membership, there are significant fees to be towed. We took credit cards over the phone if they didn't have cash because the member would normally ride with the vehicle.

And AAA requires some sort of tracking in all the vehicles . Ours showed speed, stops, turning it off, and the PTO being activated (the hydraulics used to pull the vehicle on the bed.)

Once again, I CAN ONLY SPEAK FOR NJ, BUT AAA HAS THE SAME RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member