https://tinyurl.com/vgzuyp5

ME ME - Anneliese Heinig, 37, Richmond, 26 Nov 2019 *vehicle found*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by mlhenn, Nov 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

When not using the phone, if it's got a good charge, it will stay charged for a long time. At least that's my experience with a dumb phone (Trac). Never had a smart phone.

2. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

We have AAA and just upgraded to 100 mile towing. I didn't know that about limited tows and have to look into it! We've already it twice since the upgrade.

3. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

SBM, emphasis mine

Both of those remote possibilities have crossed my mind but I didn't want to say it.

PommyMommy, Spider92, Flicka1 and 2 others like this.
  4. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

No!

5. Coffiecat

Coffiecat Well-Known Member

I think her calling for the tow was another bit of the misinformation her dad mentioned. I think the timeline between LE initially spotting it, forward, is clear. TTD sighting seems questionable.

If her intent was to jump, why not park close enough to avoid being seen walking?

LE isn't releasing cell records, so for all we know the vehicle was there much earlier.

I'd really like to know the way her things were in the vehicle. If the wallet was laid open, I'd be more inclined to look at LE or an imposter, and I'm usually last to jump to there.

Meredith28, happyday, Flicka1 and 2 others like this.
  6. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

There were reports of it being in two different locations--which might be confusion or inconsistency, but might be because the car was moved from one place to another.

Meredith28, PommyMommy, Artis and 4 others like this.
  7. carbuff

You are correct about the alternator, and a bad alternator would cause the battery to die while you're driving. The alternator uses the car's momentum to put charge back in the battery (not a scientific explanation :D ) and if it's not doing that, the engine will drain the battery.

Kind of a moot point since they said the car was in working order, though.

8. Edpet

Edpet Member

Search continues for missing Maine mother of 2, last seen over a week ago | Boston.com
    “Police are also asking the public to reach out if they were traveling between Exits 9 and 10 northbound on I-295 the Tuesday morning Heinig went missing, especially if their vehicles have a dashcam.”

Whe all know there was a sighting of her walking away from the vehicle ( supposedly TTD ) But with the wording above I feel like they are looking for confirmation that it was actually her.

OnlyFacts, mlhenn, Meredith28 and 7 others like this.
  9. Spider92

Spider92 Well-Known Member

Things are slowing to a trickle here, I hope there's some positive news this weekend.
    ....and I know LE are looking for Rte 295 travelers that had a dashcam. I guess I'm a bit out of touch - what's the benefit of having a dashcam?

mlhenn, Meredith28, Flicka1 and 3 others like this.
  10. Meredith28

Meredith28 Well-Known Member

We are getting tons and tons of rain here today in the Portland/Falmouth area. The rivers and swollen and there are flood warnings and watches for much of southern Maine. I am not sure that anyone is out searching today.

mlhenn, happyday, zecats and 9 others like this.
  11. ASheehy

ASheehy Well-Known Member

Benefits of having a dashcam in general or dashcam footage from when AH disappeared?

If the former, I've had a dashcam since 2014 and feel naked if driving without one - it provides a record of any accident or someone hitting you, etc

If the latter, I think they're relatively sure about which direction she was walking and only other thing I could think of would be if a dashcam captured anyone else or another car. Although maybe it would be to simply possibly identify if the person walking was actually AH or someone else.

mlhenn, Meredith28, Flicka1 and 6 others like this.
  12. Elliot_Alderson

Elliot_Alderson Well-Known Idiot

I don't have one, but I have read about benefits such as providing evidence in the event of an accident (say the other driver is at fault and they tell the police you blew through a red light - the dashcam would prove that wrong). I've also seen people who have said they fought certain kind of speeding/traffic violations in court via their personal dashcam footage

Flicka1, PommyMommy, Artis and 3 others like this.
  13. carbuff

I got to wondering if she hitched a ride after she left the car. Did we talk about that possibility?

14. Edpet

Edpet Member

“Police are also asking the public to reach out if they were traveling between Exits 9 and 10 northbound on I-295 the Tuesday morning Heinig went missing, especially if their vehicles have a dashcam.”

The paragraph above has a lot of detail we were looking for.
    #1 It tells us she was heading south on the north bound lane.

#2 They are not 100% sure it was her.

#3 Sightings are minimal or contradicting.

#4 They need to know if she made it south of that bridge.

#5 They didn’t ask between such and such time so they don’t know when her car was parked.

Silence of media, the mothers plea to only contact her or LE with information. No big searches by family and friends makes me feel like other Scenarios are definitely get looked at.

PommyMommy, mlhenn, happyday and 7 others like this.
  15. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

I keep asking myself all of these questions, over and over again.

To the point where I've literally been dreaming of Anneliese the last two nights. This is really bothering me.

16. EmmaRose

EmmaRose Well-Known Member

I agree, Steels, especially since we live relatively close to the area. Annaliese’s disappearance is unsettling, to say the least.

17. Jw_410

Jw_410 Active Member

Agreed. I go through that area every few days and feel super sad when I do. Really hope they figure this out soon, especially so her family gets some answers.

18. EmmaRose

EmmaRose Well-Known Member

Jw, it must be very disconcerting to drive through there for you. Praying for answers.
    Where could she be?

PommyMommy, happyday, Flicka1 and 4 others like this.
  19. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

never mind.....

20. nao

nao Well-Known Member

It would be easy to drain the battery if the car had run out of gas. You can keep trying to start it..the engine should turn over almost starting then stall out. I left my auto in gear the other day. I kept trying to start it drained the battery pretty quick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.