Deceased/Not Found ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 months, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - #10

What did everyone miss? Where is Ayla?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mother of toddler who vanished seven years ago says she cannot find the child's father | Daily Mail Online

upload_2019-3-13_21-30-19.jpeg
  • Toddler Ayla Reynolds was reported missing in 2011 in Waterville by her father
  • Little Ayla was declared legally dead in 2017, although her body was never found
  • Ayla's mother blamed the father for the death of the 20-month-old Maine girl
  • Trista Reynolds claims no one can find Justin DiPietro, who she is trying to sue
  • Because no criminal charges were filed by the state, Reynolds is chasing DiPietro
  • She must track down DiPietro, 90 days from when the complaint was filed, or the case could be thrown out

This case has haunted me for years. I can’t imagine Ayla’s mother’s pain.
I hope one day, the monster(s) who did this & helped cover up the crime will grow a conscience & tell what they know, so Ayla can finally be properly laid to rest.

The mother of missing child Ayla Reynolds has a message for the girl’s father, Justin DiPietro: You are being served.

That’s the gist of a legal notice that will be published Tuesday, as well as April 9 and 16, in the Morning Sentinel, notifying DiPietro that he is being served a summons and complaint for wrongful death in her disappearance.

Emotions ‘running really high’ 8 years later as mother of Ayla Reynolds pushes court case

Someone placed a pink-and-gold angel wing ornament on the Christmas tree in Monument Square in Portland, with a card addressed to Trista Reynolds. The envelope read: “To Mommy; Love, Ayla. I love you Mommy.”

Inside the envelope was a message: “These angel wings are for you. They will keep you and my brothers safe. Love, Ayla.”

That's kind of creepy, IMHO. Not the placing of the ornament on the tree or even leaving a message, but to leave it in the point of view of Ayla, as if she were speaking. I'm sure the person meant well, but it comes of as weird to me.

Mother of Missing Toddler Says No One Can Find Father

The mother of a toddler whose disappearance prompted the biggest criminal investigation in Maine history says she's been unable to locate the father.

In a Facebook post that has gone viral, Trista Reynolds wrote that no one can find Justin DiPietro, who reported then-20-month-old Ayla Reynolds missing in 2011 in Waterville.

[...]
He moved to California in July of 2019.

How did they find this much of Ayla's blood in the house especially that spread on on a bunch of his things... INCLUDING SHOES! and still have no charges!!!

How did they find this much of Ayla's blood in the house especially that spread on on a bunch of his things... INCLUDING SHOES! and still have no charges!!!

Police have not arrested DiPietro because there is no evidence to prove that he was the one who killed his daughter but they have said that they do not think it is reasonable to believe that she is still alive.

This is from an older article that was published after the blood evidence was confirmed to be Ayla's. I don't think investigators have discovered anything new since then that points beyond reasonable doubt to one of the 3 people who were there the night Ayla disappeared.

So my take on this is they have evidence indicating Ayla is most likely deceased, but it's not enough to prove who killed her, or even prove how she died.

I, for one, don't want them to arrest the wrong person or make an arrest that won't result in a conviction, all due to public pressure or outcry. That's not justice, IMHO.

When they finally do arrest whoever harmed her, I want the charges to stick, I want them convicted, and I want them sent away for a very long, long time.

Ayla Reynolds: Mother says there was 'so much blood in evidence photos' | Daily Mail Online

Steve McCausland, spokesperson for the Maine Department of Public Safety, is retiring. I make note of the article here because it mentions Ayla.
McCausland says there is one case that stands out among the rest.

"The disappearance of Ayla Reynolds in Waterville nearly nine years ago. That case still is worked on, and she still is missing. I did a number of press conferences in Waterville and here in Augusta over the years. The one thing I can say is that although we have not found her, state police never close a case like this. That case continues to be open, and someday we will know the answers. It won't be while I'm here, but we will get to the final answer as to what happened to little Ayla."
McCausland retiring after 32 years as ME Public Safety Spokesperson

I just don't understand no arrest in this case! I mean, little Ayla didn't just get up and walk away. Especially with all the blood that was found! Why isn't someone paying for this!?

I'm curious. Who would they arrest? Any forensic evidence the general public has been privy to suggests a crime may have been committed, but it doesn't point to a culprit. If investigators had evidence indicating a suspect, they'd have arrested someone already. Charge & try the wrong person and justice won't be served.
It stinks no one has had to answer for Ayla's disappearance. But when the day comes that someone is held accountable, I want the charges to stick and for the person to be found guilty. I don't see that happening with the evidence we're currently aware of. Arrests need to be made based on evidence, not feelings and emotions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back