ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bone was broke! You think the mom was never going to find out? Why wouldn't he call and let the mom know?

If he were a controlling man, and vindictive, as she stated...he would not have called. If he had plans to keep mom away...he would not have told her about the break either. Sorry I misread your question.

I don't believe that TR would have gotten into JD's house and took Ayla without alerting anyone in that house. Somebody in that house knows what happened to Ayla. I do not believe that Ayla is alive and safely hidden away. If she is not alive, then someone did not want Ayla found early enough that COD could be determined.

IMHO

Here's my :twocents: ... FWIW ...

While Ayla's mother is NOT the "mother of the year", JMO, but I still don't think she had anything to do with the baby's "disappearance" ... The mother is the one who filed "custody papers" the day before the baby went missing ...

So I think it would be a really, really dumb "move" for her to try to have someone "kidnap" Ayla for her -- especially when she filed papers for custody the day BEFORE the baby went "missing" ...

Now ... I do believe Trista is extremely immature and I believe Justin is extremely immature ... and JMO, but they should NOT be having children that they canNOT take care of and canNOT afford to take care of financially !

Ayla went "missing" while in the care of Justin -- NOT on Trista's "watch" -- and while Justin's other family members and friends were at the house ...

JMO ... but someone KNOWS what happened to this baby that night ...

MOO ...

If she asked the person who she filed paperwork with as to her chances of getting Ayla back and they tell her she has to be drug free for so many months, in her own apartment...that would be enough to drive a mom to make the decision (Especially knowing the dad filed for custody as she said he did) to go and take the baby. She was not going to wait around for a court to decide in his favor. Again..a complete hypothetical...but certainly plausible. I guess I would rather hope that the mom did this and that Ayla is alive somewhere as opposed to the alternative. The alternative would be one of two....Ayla died in that house (which I do not believe she did) and 3 adults are hiding it. (Dad, his mom and sister) or a stranger abduction occurred...and I don't think that happened either. So someone took the baby out of that house. Who else would have motive to do so? The mom frustrated with not seeing her daughter, upset with the dad for going and filing for full custody, upset with the system as she is/was trying to get her life together and would more than probably not have gotten her child back. That is enough motive for me to suspect her.

Can someone refresh me on the details regarding the 'text' that someone was going to take the baby?

Was it mom saying it?
Was it confirmed by LE?
Did the dad say it?

I agree with every point made about the moms' story not adding up/changing/etc.

I think I am very much leaning towards someone who knows moms side of the family or is mom/or a member of her family - being the abductor of this child.

The term "foul play" has such sinister implications...not sure why LE would use this term in a parental "hiding of a child" incident, especially after waiting 2+ weeks to use it.

Because if the child were hidden by the mom and she admitted to it at the get-go, none of this would take place. It would have been a child custody case and mom possibly charged with breaking and entering. However, because the baby is not being produced...it becomes an out and out abduction...which in essence is foul play because nobody knows from that abduction is the child well? Why isn't anyone producing the child? God knows there are sick people in this world with the "If I can't have you..nobody can" and that applies to parents who harm their children in custody disputes too...it's a horrible thought..but until the baby is produced...it is foul play. She is either abducted and well, or abducted and not. I do believe if they feel that any crime was committed in the home that it would be termed a possible homicide investigation. The police are so tight lipped on this, and I cannot help feeling that they are "siding with the dad"...that it makes me suspect the mom more than any "accident in the home" or "death in the home."

Ok. Let's define BROKE. I am by no means minimizing the injury...but there are different degrees of "broke." From a fracture, to a compound fracture, etc. All three of my children had broken wrists. Fact is my daughter broke her wrist on Sept 18, 1984 and it was her right wrist roller skating. We did not know it was "broke" until the next day when swelling occurred. It did not swell right away. Exactly one year to the day...Sept 18, 1985 she broke her left one. I will never forget those dates..ever. My son broke his wrist at 3 years old riding his bike. My other son broke his at school on the playground in kindergarten.

As for Ayla, it could have been a hairline fracture, crack, also considered "broke" and Dad DID call mom and mom DID meet dad at MMC. (Maine Medical Center) There is nothing unusual in a child having injuries. As for falling on a child, I did the same:( I fell carrying my daughter onto ice and my entire body on top of her and her head hit the ice and the largest egg started to grow on her forehead. We put ice and rushed to hospital. I felt horrible. Luckily no concussion...soft tissue bruising and swelling...but as a mom...I was sick with the thought of it as it could have been prevented had I had better shoes on:(

The fact that the child was hurt in the fathers home, the same one she went missing from is pretty disturbing, and an indicator of child abuse. jmo

JMO, if it was mom she would have been more likely to lie low and run off and hide with her.

Because if the child were hidden by the mom and she admitted to it at the get-go, none of this would take place. It would have been a child custody case and mom possibly charged with breaking and entering. However, because the baby is not being produced...it becomes an out and out abduction...which in essence is foul play because nobody knows from that abduction is the child well? Why isn't anyone producing the child? God knows there are sick people in this world with the "If I can't have you..nobody can" and that applies to parents who harm their children in custody disputes too...it's a horrible thought..but until the baby is produced...it is foul play. She is either abducted and well, or abducted and not. I do believe if they feel that any crime was committed in the home that it would be termed a possible homicide investigation. The police are so tight lipped on this, and I cannot help feeling that they are "siding with the dad"...that it makes me suspect the mom more than any "accident in the home" or "death in the home."

Maybe .... but as the old saying goes keep your friends close and your enemies even closer .... just food for thought.

ITA

I find TR to be genuine and her behavior to be normal for some one like her in the position she is in.

I'm on the fence about JD. I think there are some red flags and he certainly had access to Ayla. . .she was in his care. There's just not enough evidence for me to decide that yet.

What I am wondering is about that text he claimed he got. He told TR that he was afraid someone was going to take Ayla. Maybe that was just a cover. .. OR maybe there is somebody who knows him that isn't happy about his parenting. I DO think somebody in that house knows what happened to Ayla. I think there is a possibility that somebody. .. maybe JD's mom. . .passed her off to somebody where she thought she would be safe and better off. I think it's a pretty out there idea, but I keep pondering that. . .hmmmm. :waitasec:

It would seem to me if mom was upset about not getting her daughter back, as promised, that her conversations with dad or mutual friends may have indicated "he is either to give her back or I am coming to take her!" which would give him reason to say he was afraid she would come and take her. Maybe even afraid some of her friends would come with her that he may have "feared" due to their associations. Sounds completely logical to me. As for Trista's behavior as "normal" , while there is no book on how to act when your child is kidnapped (as it would be in her eyes)...

I can assure you that her behavior is not "normal" in my eyes. She is practically smiling in her interviews as if the media is a "fun thing" and attention given. This is about a missing baby! I would just die if it were my child. There would be no "trying to talk" with my ex over the phone....the police would literally have to pull me away from him. The excuse given to not attend a vigil due to the road conditions and a possible accident that could occur was a poor excuse. Saying too emotional and needing time to oneself would have been the more appropriate reason..not due to the roads. It is not even brutal weather out here yet. The contradictory statements are also not "normal." If someone out and out asks you a question and you know it is about finding your missing baby...you answer it truthfully and not keep giving wishy washy answers.

About the only one that I can see is truthful is TR's father and that is because he can only be truthful with what he is being told. That poor grandfather is beside himself. I cannot say anything about the grandmother as I've never seen her in interviews..

Nor have I seen the grandmother of JD. (Where are her pleas?)

The whole situation is one big mess and I hope the real truth comes out soon. Regardless of who did what....where is that baby is all that counts and anybody and everybody involved needs to forget about themselves and put that child first!

The fact that the child was hurt in the fathers home, the same one she went missing from is pretty disturbing, and an indicator of child abuse. jmo

Yes, I agree with you. While I understand that children can break bones under the best of circumstances, a toddler broke her arm while in the care of a man who had apparently only been responsible for her care for 4-6 weeks at the time the injury occurred. Was this simply a coincidence? It could very well be. But, in my opinion I find it alarming and suspect that within a time period of 4-6 weeks a little child sustains a broken arm while in her father's care, is reported by the mother and another family member to have visible bruises while in her father's care, is reported missing after not being checked on during a 12 hour period of time while in her father's care, (in spite of the fact that she is an injured child with a soft sling on her arm), and not one member of the child's family, (who were supposedly present in the home while the child was in the father's care), makes a public plea for the child's safe return for 2 weeks after the child disappears. How coincidental is it that the paternal family members finally show their faces to the public shortly after the child's mother makes statements to the public asking the father to talk to her about Ayla's disappearance? JMOO.

I don't believe that TR would have gotten into JD's house and took Ayla without alerting anyone in that house. Somebody in that house knows what happened to Ayla. I do not believe that Ayla is alive and safely hidden away. If she is not alive, then someone did not want Ayla found early enough that COD could be determined.

IMHO

I so hope and pray you are wrong. Another child whose life is taken due to whatever reason is one more too many.

I don't think that we yet have an indication of child abuse. My son broke his arm as a toddler IN MY HOME, with me there. And it was not child abuse. My daughter had a zillion bruises when she was a toddler because she always tried to keep up with her big brother and his friends. I do not think that one broken arm and several bruises adds up to ' an indication of child abuse.'

The mother's stories often have obvious inconsistencies which make me feel like she is the hinky one here. I do not believe for one minute that the toddler was brought home 'with a strained muscle and could not walk again for three weeks.' Three weeks is a really long time. I just do not believe that version of the story.

My cousin had an ex wife from He!!. She was always accusing him of mistreating his daughter because she came home with cuts or bruises. The thing is that he actually played with her, took her to parks and to play dates and so she fell and had lots of fun experiences. His wife just plopped her in the tv room and that was that. So I am not going to brand this dad as a child abuser just because of a few convoluted stories thrown out by mom.

Mom was the one who was most likely putting the kids into dangerous circumstances with her own sobriety issues before she went into rehab.

And it bothers me that she , having such a vocal and 'present' family support system, was living in a seedy motel with an infant. What was up with that?

The father may not be an angel--I don't know. But I am pretty sure that if he had a violent history, drug history, or a prison record, that we would know about it already. He was living with his mother in his childhood home with his sister and baby niece at the time. He agreed to move home so he could have Ayla back with him. So I do not see anything odd or dangerous in his home life.

I do not know what happened to this precious child. But I am not ready to brand the father as a child abuser just on the word of her mother alone.

JMO, if it was mom she would have been more likely to lie low and run off and hide with her.

I think it snowballed out of her control if that is what happened. If her hopes was he would have gotten on the phone the next day and said "Bring Ayla back!!" she may have said "See you in court." But instead, the child is missing and the family call 9-1-1 right away and report her missing. Do you think if the baby WAS harmed in the home there was any need to call 9-1-1 right away? That three adults (JD, his mom and sister) are all going to be in cohoots about a death of a baby and nobody break down by now? I don't think so. I think they threw TR for a loop when told her they called 9-1-1 and Ayla was abducted. Now mom is scared for her custody rights and whomever has Ayla is lying low. Real low. (IF that is what happened.)

I don't think that we yet have an indication of child abuse. My son broke his arm as a toddler IN MY HOME, with me there. And it was not child abuse. My daughter had a zillion bruises when she was a toddler because she always tried to keep up with her big brother and his friends. I do not think that one broken arm and several bruises adds up to ' an indication of child abuse.'

The mother's stories often have obvious inconsistencies which make me feel like she is the hinky one here. I do not believe for one minute that the toddler was brought home 'with a strained muscle and could not walk again for three weeks.' Three weeks is a really long time. I just do not believe that version of the story.

My cousin had an ex wife from He!!. She was always accusing him of mistreating his daughter because she came home with cuts or bruises. The thing is that he actually played with her, took her to parks and to play dates and so she fell and had lots of fun experiences. His wife just plopped her in the tv room and that was that. So I am not going to brand this dad as a child abuser just because of a few convoluted stories thrown out by mom.

Mom was the one who was most likely putting the kids into dangerous circumstances with her own sobriety issues before she went into rehab.

And it bothers me that she , having such a vocal and 'present' family support system, was living in a seedy motel with an infant. What was up with that?

The father may not be an angel--I don't know. But I am pretty sure that if he had a violent history, drug history, or a prison record, that we would know about it already. He was living with his mother in his childhood home with his sister and baby niece at the time. He agreed to move home so he could have Ayla back with him. So I do not see anything odd or dangerous in his home life.

I do not know what happened to this precious child. But I am not ready to brand the father as a child abuser just on the word of her mother alone.

I so agree , 100% especially in light of two photos of mom with Ayla on Google. One she is holding her on her shoulder with one hand while she is posing for herself with the other. Talk about dangerous? Ayla was only about 6 months old in the photo. Who holds a baby that way? And the other photo with her grip on her arm is a little "different" and by the way...in the mom's care and holding Ayla's arm she has a long scratch on her arm. Sigh. Kids get bruises, bumps, broken bones and what not. None is an indicator of child abuse. However, drinking and doing drugs while pregnant and responsible for a child IS.

I will gladly share that bucket of crow with you too...because I do not believe in any way that dad is guilty of harming Ayla, or covering up any accident. I believe 99.9% that the mom is the one involved and she made arrangements to come back and take Ayla as she knew the court process was not going to be in her favor. I also want to say that while I do not like publicly making statements about the inner works of someone else's lifestyle, but the environment that the mom provided Ayla for 18 months was NOT an environment for an baby, let alone two. While a newborn and small baby were in her care...she was abusing drugs...which also says she more than probably has seedy friends and unsavory characters that the children were exposed. I commend her for realizing her lifestyle was not good and going for help at rehab, however, call me a skeptic but I also find it hard to believe 10 days is enough to keep someone free and clear from abusing alcohol or drugs. Also, was this done on her own or court mandated? Again...why was she not living with one or other of her parents upon release? Why that dump hotel? Why hasnt the father of the new baby come forward? Did she keep this baby from his knowledge so as not to have 2 dads coming after the children? Just too much smoke and mirrors going on here that I do not find much of what she says as trust worthy and certainly do not view JD as she is wanting the public to view him.

Where does this info come from? I read that the substance abuse is alcohol. TIA

IMHO

I agree. Did she have a key to that house? How did she get in?

I so agree , 100% especially in light of two photos of mom with Ayla on Google. One she is holding her on her shoulder with one hand while she is posing for herself with the other. Talk about dangerous? Ayla was only about 6 months old in the photo. Who holds a baby that way? And the other photo with her grip on her arm is a little "different" and by the way...in the mom's care and holding Ayla's arm she has a long scratch on her arm. Sigh. Kids get bruises, bumps, broken bones and what not. None is an indicator of child abuse. However, drinking and doing drugs while pregnant and responsible for a child IS.

Respectfully, do you have a link where it was stated that Trista Reynolds was drinking and doing drugs while she was pregnant? I must have missed that article, and I am very interested in reading it. Thank you!

Maybe the father felt that Trista had her hands full with Ayla and a baby (from a different father). JMO

Yes, I agree with you. While I understand that children can break bones under the best of circumstances, a toddler broke her arm while in the care of a man who had apparently only been responsible for her care for 4-6 weeks at the time the injury occurred. Was this simply a coincidence? It could very well be. But, in my opinion I find it alarming and suspect that within a time period of 4-6 weeks a little child sustains a broken arm while in her father's care, is reported by the mother and another family member to have visible bruises while in her father's care, is reported missing after not being checked on during a 12 hour period of time while in her father's care, (in spite of the fact that she is an injured child with a soft sling on her arm), and not one member of the child's family, (who were supposedly present in the home while the child was in the father's care), makes a public plea for the child's safe return for 2 weeks after the child disappears. How coincidental is it that the paternal family members finally show their faces to the public shortly after the child's mother makes statements to the public asking the father to talk to her about Ayla's disappearance? JMOO.

BBM
It may be just that--the fact that he was new at being in charge of a baby---that added to the likelihood of an injury. But the incident was apparently investigated and found to be an innocent one.
When our oldest child was born my husband was overly cautious at first. Then he started getting a little too 'casual' and he fell down some porch stairs while holding our sleeping toddler. Our son was not hurt, thank goodness, but hubby dislocated his own shoulder trying to cushion the fall.
Things like that do happen, even without it being malicious.

And just how many 'bruises' was mom talking about? I only heard about a couple of times. I do not find it odd at all that a toddler would begin to get bruises. She was about 17 months or so at the time. That is the prime age for kids to begin to investigate and explore their environments. And Dads are usually a bit more 'lax' shall we say when it comes to kids climbing around and jumping off things. imo Also Ayla was probably playing with her cousin who is close to her own age. That often creates 'bruises' as they will fight over toys and sometimes fall down on each other etc.

If mom truly thought that he was abusive, then why would she make that agreement with him? I think she just maybe worried about him being attentive enough. Which is a normal concern for new fathers. imo

I think the reason you have not heard much from the fathers side is that they have been put on the defensive by mom. And I bet they have been told that it would look worse if they came out and publicly got in a tit for tat fight
with her. It would give her all of the power if they came out and did that. The important thing is, they have been cooperating with LE.

LE has returned the impounded cars and has given them back their home. That says a lot, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam