ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 4

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by imamaze, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LvsAMystry

LvsAMystry Well-Known Member

But there has not been on shred of any information to indicate he was or ever has had an issue with intoxication so why bring it up and confuse facts? I mean if we're going to speculate how do we not know Ayla was never injured or hurt while in mom's care and mom never took her for medical care because she was intoxicated, thus its not documented?

I don't know what happened to Ayla or who is involved so not really taking one side over the other, but it bothers me when the speculation isn't supported by any fact at all

2. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

Just because it's possible that someone might notice that there is something wrong but be afraid of a custody dispute or a CPS visit and not take their child to the ER straight away should not be taken to mean that everybody who fails to immediately notice that there is something wrong with their child was drugged up or in a custody dispute imo.

3. matou

matou #los2188

Don't be insulted Amster. There are innocent accidents that happen all the time as you have described along with others on here. There are also possible abusive actions that can cause a child's arm to be injured. This happened to me by my own father as I have described.

4. LvsAMystry

I dont know about cat burglers but one relative of hers whose name I saw quoted in the paper does have a recent arrest for helping someone escape from their prison work release program or something like that

ETA not making accusation here!

5. Donjeta

He brought it up, not I.

It is indeed possible that a number of unpleasant things may have happened to Ayla in her mother's care or elsewhere and we know nothing about it.

6. LvsAMystry

I"m confused, who is he who brought it up that JD may have been intoxicated when Ayla hurt her arm, thus why he didn't want to take her to the hospital for 24 hours?

7. matou

matou #los2188

DiPietro said some people have suggested that he didn't take Ayla to the hospital immediately because he may have been intoxicated at the time. He said that's untrue.

I wish this was a direct quote. http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/i-fell-on-herfather-says_2012-01-06.html

8. Donjeta

I think burglary skills would probably not be needed in helping someone escape from a work release program. More like picking them up before they're supposed to return to the prison.

But I'm not sure if burglary skills would be needed in any case because in one of the articles Ayla's grandmother said that she was not sure if the doors were locked. I think anybody could come in through an unlocked door.

9. LvsAMystry

My apologies I was unaware of that quote and thought it was just randomly brought up.

That said, my biggest take away from the article is "Waterville Deputy Police Chief Charles Rumsey said police conducted extensive interviews on the day of Ayla's disappearance and believe there is nothing suspicious about the broken arm."

I'm satisfied it was looked into and no issue found.

10. Lera213

Lera213 New Member

thank you Donjeta, you knew what my mind was thinking. I so have a hard time conveying my full thoughts. You do it so eloquently.

11. matou

matou #los2188

The problem I have is that he claims to not remember the day when it happened.

12. menmo

menmo Active Member

Respectfully snipped for space
    I respectfully disagree. Breaking a bone, to me, most certainly is a big deal. It needs medical attention. I also don't think it's unfortunate that when something like this happens that people are looked at closer. If you've seen the abuse I've seen by working in the ER I think you'd change your mind. I say pay closer attention to those people and you just might be able to save a child's life!

I do think that it was longer than 24 hours that Ayla was taken in to be looked at by the doctor. Why? Only JD and those close to him know the truth about that.
    This seems to be the norm a lot of times with parents anymore. It's often times all about them. I realize that paying for this class he'd spent some money on was important to him but he very well could have done both. Is there a reason Ayla's grandma couldn't take her to be checked out? I've done that for my grandkids before to help my kids out with their work schedules. She is a baby. She can't verbalize how badly she's hurting.

We can "hope" he wasn't intoxicated just coming home from the grocery store but that means nothing. I hope for no more child abductions or abuse, yet still it happens.

They very well could have smelled it on him and didn't act on it. I would have but many people will not step in regardless who's in danger. Some people just think it's none of their business.

Exactly and as has been said many times, if it was a stranger abduction why this child and not the sisters child? If the neighbors hadn't even seen Ayla outdoors playing how would anyone know she was there to abduct? I just don't think TR had anything to do with this. She was taking steps to try and correct through the court system, what she felt was the injustice to her and Ayla, so why would she do that AND then go take her? How would she have known what was going on inside that house at any given moment and who would be up and about? I'm just not believing it. I've been in a horrible custody situation myself and I can't tell you the thought didn't cross my mind a thousand times to take my child out of the environment of the other abuser completely but I just couldn't. Sane, rational thoughts kept telling me to just hang in there and keep fighting for what was right for my kids. TR's actions tells me she must have thought the same.

Has JD ever taken a lie detector test?

MOO

13. LvsAMystry

Understood, but IMO if trained LE investigated this issue and found nothing at issue, I'm satisfied. If they still questioned at all they wouldn't have specifically answered that no issue.

As for the date, I dunno about anyone else but my experience with my husband and other guys is they just really arent that in tune to dates and I'm being kind there.

14. Lera213

Lera213 New Member

If you take as fact anything the father states then you also have to take as fact what the mother states.

The mother and her sister stated that Ayla came home many times with bruises on her after being with the father. Then we hear he waited 24 hours to take her to the hospital for a broken arm.

You have the father describe the broken arm incident as an accident but he never responded to the other claims of bruises.

However his memory of the day it happened is not very good, yet the breaking arm was "Burned into his Brain"

All to me when all statements put together and actions from day one are not lining up.

Sure if you take each individual statement on its own you can come to a plausible explanation but when you take all into account the hinky meter is up there.

15. ThoughtFox

ThoughtFox Expecting the Unexpected

DiPietro brought it up in this article that's been reprinted in several media outlets, so it has nothing to do with what anyone else here has ever experienced with their own children. JMOO :twocents:

http://www.kjonline.com/news/aylas-father-describes-how-she-broke-her-arm_2012-01-06.html

I think the problem several of us are having is the way the family is telling the story.

Later he said it was "burned into his brain." That is what Donjeta is referring to about his inconsistant statements.

There's the problem. He can't forget, but he can't remember either. That's why it might sound as if he was intoxicated.

Aha ~ well, that might explain why they weren't concerned enough to take the baby to a doctor. Poor Justin might have broken his wrist again.

Doesn't it seem strange to worry more about the adult who dropped the baby than the baby herself? Just asking . . .

I have no problem with that - anyone might think she was okay. Did she cry in the night, though? Did they give her anything for pain?

Still, it's what they said about the next day that seems problematic.

Well, if she was fine, then why did she call Justin back into the house? That's the problem with the statement.

And here's where HE mentions intoxication, which makes it okay for us to discuss it:

Yes, hindsight is always 20-20, but he and his mother both mentioned the money as a factor in skipping the class. So they did care, even though they had an injured child.

And just because he said he wasn't intoxicated doesn't mean he wasn't. It just means he denies it. No one can prove it now either way. I wish there was a store camera as there was with the Irwin family.

16. cityslick

cityslick New Member

I am further convinced everyday that it doesn't matter what you say or do after the fact, if a child goes missing under your care, the cloud of suspicion will always be with you.

17. daisy7

daisy7 Retired WS Staff

There have been tons of posts today about Ayla's broken arm and and I don't see how any of these posts on this topic will help to find her. Please move on from this subject!

WS is a victim-friendly forum and bashing any of the victims (including the parents as they have not been named as POIs) is against our TOS.

I entirely understand that it is extremely frustrating when there is little news on a case. Here is a thread that has some constructive, suggested ideas for better use of your time: Things to Do in a New Case or When There's No News - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Carry on.

18. matou

matou #los2188

There has been a number of new articles on this case in the last 24 hours. Lots of new information coming out for us to try and make sense of what may or may not have happened.

19. Donjeta

Including an article referencing her broken arm.

20. matou

matou #los2188

"I feel violated. Somebody came into my home and took my granddaughter who was sleeping," Phoebe DiPietro said during her first television interview about Ayla Reynolds, the now 21-month-old toddler.

I'm still looking for this interview. There is a photo of PD holding up a flier at this link:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/07/justice/maine-missing-girl/index.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.