ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a plausible explanation why some people don't feel like taking their injured child to see a doctor right away IMO.

But there has not been on shred of any information to indicate he was or ever has had an issue with intoxication so why bring it up and confuse facts? I mean if we're going to speculate how do we not know Ayla was never injured or hurt while in mom's care and mom never took her for medical care because she was intoxicated, thus its not documented?

I don't know what happened to Ayla or who is involved so not really taking one side over the other, but it bothers me when the speculation isn't supported by any fact at all

Just because it's possible that someone might notice that there is something wrong but be afraid of a custody dispute or a CPS visit and not take their child to the ER straight away should not be taken to mean that everybody who fails to immediately notice that there is something wrong with their child was drugged up or in a custody dispute imo.

Yep....I'm done, also. It has now been introduced that dad was intoxicated. I'm done with being insulted. My child had a similar experience as others here have explained. I wasn't drunk or on drugs or afraid of a custody dispute. :furious:

Don't be insulted Amster. There are innocent accidents that happen all the time as you have described along with others on here. There are also possible abusive actions that can cause a child's arm to be injured. This happened to me by my own father as I have described.

Seeing how the houses are close together, it is very difficult for me to picture Ayla being extracted from the little house by someone from the outside, JMO. Does TR's family include any cat burglars that we are aware of? I still think that the mode of removal would have been far more confrontational and emotional if TR was involved, JMO. It may have worked against her in the end, but her emotions/responses seem close to the surface to me. I'm just not able to picture a stealthy scheme of this magnitude set in motion by TR. JMO

I dont know about cat burglers but one relative of hers whose name I saw quoted in the paper does have a recent arrest for helping someone escape from their prison work release program or something like that

ETA not making accusation here!

But there has not been on shred of any information to indicate he was or ever has had an issue with intoxication so why bring it up and confuse facts? I mean if we're going to speculate how do we not know Ayla was never injured or hurt while in mom's care and mom never took her for medical care because she was intoxicated, thus its not documented?

I don't know what happened to Ayla or who is involved so not really taking one side over the other, but it bothers me when the speculation isn't supported by any fact at all

He brought it up, not I.

It is indeed possible that a number of unpleasant things may have happened to Ayla in her mother's care or elsewhere and we know nothing about it.

He brought it up, not I.

It is indeed possible that a number of unpleasant things may have happened to Ayla in her mother's care or elsewhere and we know nothing about it.

I"m confused, who is he who brought it up that JD may have been intoxicated when Ayla hurt her arm, thus why he didn't want to take her to the hospital for 24 hours?

I dont know about cat burglers but one relative of hers whose name I saw quoted in the paper does have a recent arrest for helping someone escape from their prison work release program or something like that

ETA not making accusation here!

I think burglary skills would probably not be needed in helping someone escape from a work release program. More like picking them up before they're supposed to return to the prison.

But I'm not sure if burglary skills would be needed in any case because in one of the articles Ayla's grandmother said that she was not sure if the doors were locked. I think anybody could come in through an unlocked door.

DiPietro said some people have suggested that he didn't take Ayla to the hospital immediately because he may have been intoxicated at the time. He said that's untrue.

I wish this was a direct quote. http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/i-fell-on-herfather-says_2012-01-06.html

My apologies I was unaware of that quote and thought it was just randomly brought up.

That said, my biggest take away from the article is "Waterville Deputy Police Chief Charles Rumsey said police conducted extensive interviews on the day of Ayla's disappearance and believe there is nothing suspicious about the broken arm."

I'm satisfied it was looked into and no issue found.

It's odd because the way the accident happened didn't burn into his brain and the date of the accident didn't burn into his brain. But apparently he's sure that an accident happened.

thank you Donjeta, you knew what my mind was thinking. I so have a hard time conveying my full thoughts. You do it so eloquently.

My apologies I was unaware of that quote and thought it was just randomly brought up.

That said, my biggest take away from the article is "Waterville Deputy Police Chief Charles Rumsey said police conducted extensive interviews on the day of Ayla's disappearance and believe there is nothing suspicious about the broken arm."

I'm satisfied it was looked into and no issue found.

The problem I have is that he claims to not remember the day when it happened.

Respectfully snipped for space
Breaking a bone is really not that big of a deal, in my opinion. I personally feel that Ayla having a broken arm and then turning up missing is nothing but coincidence or bad timing. It is unfortunate that once something like this happens, the parents and others involved are put under a microscope and the public is allowed to dissect every single thing that they have ever done.
I respectfully disagree. Breaking a bone, to me, most certainly is a big deal. It needs medical attention. I also don't think it's unfortunate that when something like this happens that people are looked at closer. If you've seen the abuse I've seen by working in the ER I think you'd change your mind. I say pay closer attention to those people and you just might be able to save a child's life!

unless considerably longer than 24 hours elapsed between the accident and the ER visit.

There is a disconnect here imo. You don't call someone back in from the driveway just because their child is fine. Her hand was swollen, she was not fine. I understand that the money spent on the driving lessons was a priority but was there any reason his mom or whoever else was looking after Ayla while he was taking the driving lessons could not have taken Ayla to ER after noticing that the hand was swollen?

On top of that, she was also unable to lift, bend and use her arm. But she was OK and didn't need the ER.
I do think that it was longer than 24 hours that Ayla was taken in to be looked at by the doctor. Why? Only JD and those close to him know the truth about that.
This seems to be the norm a lot of times with parents anymore. It's often times all about them. I realize that paying for this class he'd spent some money on was important to him but he very well could have done both. Is there a reason Ayla's grandma couldn't take her to be checked out? I've done that for my grandkids before to help my kids out with their work schedules. She is a baby. She can't verbalize how badly she's hurting.

I would hope to think he was not intoxicated considering he was just coming home from the grocery store, at night and in the rain.
We can "hope" he wasn't intoxicated just coming home from the grocery store but that means nothing. I hope for no more child abductions or abuse, yet still it happens.

For that matter....if he was intoxicated, don't you think the store would have smelled it on him and knowing he was leaving with a small child?
They very well could have smelled it on him and didn't act on it. I would have but many people will not step in regardless who's in danger. Some people just think it's none of their business.

Seeing how the houses are close together, it is very difficult for me to picture Ayla being extracted from the little house by someone from the outside, JMO. Does TR's family include any cat burglars that we are aware of? I still think that the mode of removal would have been far more confrontational and emotional if TR was involved, JMO. It may have worked against her in the end, but her emotions/responses seem close to the surface to me. I'm just not able to picture a stealthy scheme of this magnitude set in motion by TR. JMO
Exactly and as has been said many times, if it was a stranger abduction why this child and not the sisters child? If the neighbors hadn't even seen Ayla outdoors playing how would anyone know she was there to abduct? I just don't think TR had anything to do with this. She was taking steps to try and correct through the court system, what she felt was the injustice to her and Ayla, so why would she do that AND then go take her? How would she have known what was going on inside that house at any given moment and who would be up and about? I'm just not believing it. I've been in a horrible custody situation myself and I can't tell you the thought didn't cross my mind a thousand times to take my child out of the environment of the other abuser completely but I just couldn't. Sane, rational thoughts kept telling me to just hang in there and keep fighting for what was right for my kids. TR's actions tells me she must have thought the same.

Has JD ever taken a lie detector test?

MOO

The problem I have is that he claims to not remember the day when it happened.

Understood, but IMO if trained LE investigated this issue and found nothing at issue, I'm satisfied. If they still questioned at all they wouldn't have specifically answered that no issue.

As for the date, I dunno about anyone else but my experience with my husband and other guys is they just really arent that in tune to dates and I'm being kind there.

If you take as fact anything the father states then you also have to take as fact what the mother states.

The mother and her sister stated that Ayla came home many times with bruises on her after being with the father. Then we hear he waited 24 hours to take her to the hospital for a broken arm.

You have the father describe the broken arm incident as an accident but he never responded to the other claims of bruises.

However his memory of the day it happened is not very good, yet the breaking arm was "Burned into his Brain"

All to me when all statements put together and actions from day one are not lining up.

Sure if you take each individual statement on its own you can come to a plausible explanation but when you take all into account the hinky meter is up there.

Yep....I'm done, also. It has now been introduced that dad was intoxicated. I'm done with being insulted. My child had a similar experience as others here have explained. I wasn't drunk or on drugs or afraid of a custody dispute. :furious:

DiPietro brought it up in this article that's been reprinted in several media outlets, so it has nothing to do with what anyone else here has ever experienced with their own children. JMOO :twocents:

http://www.kjonline.com/news/aylas-father-describes-how-she-broke-her-arm_2012-01-06.html

I think the problem several of us are having is the way the family is telling the story.

DiPietro, 24, said the accident occurred on a rainy night in November, but he's unsure of the exact date.

Later he said it was "burned into his brain." That is what Donjeta is referring to about his inconsistant statements.

DiPietro had just returned from the grocery store with Ayla. He went into his mother's home on Violette Avenue with bags of groceries in one arm and Ayla in the other.

"I was carrying her," he recalled during a Thursday interview with the Morning Sentinel. "Usually I let her walk, but it was raining out that night and it was dark."

DiPietro said he walked in the side door at 29 Violette Ave. and up a short set of stairs leading into the kitchen.

"I came up the stairs and slipped. It happened so fast, I don't know exactly how I fell on her, but I fell on her," he said. "It's burned into my brain."

There's the problem. He can't forget, but he can't remember either. That's why it might sound as if he was intoxicated.

His mother, Phoebe DiPietro, 47, was in the next room.

"I was sitting in the living room with my daughter, and we heard a big thump," she recalled Thursday. "I immediately went to the kitchen and Ayla was scared, obviously. I picked her up."

Phoebe DiPietro said Justin's wrist was injured in the fall, but Ayla appeared to be OK.

"I was more worried about (Justin's) wrist, because he's broken it into 39 pieces (in a snowboard accident)," she said.

Aha ~ well, that might explain why they weren't concerned enough to take the baby to a doctor. Poor Justin might have broken his wrist again.

Doesn't it seem strange to worry more about the adult who dropped the baby than the baby herself? Just asking . . .

"We hung out for a little while after," Justin DiPietro said. "She was a little fussy here and there, but if you'd seen her, you wouldn't have known anything was wrong with her."

I have no problem with that - anyone might think she was okay. Did she cry in the night, though? Did they give her anything for pain?

Still, it's what they said about the next day that seems problematic.

Before he left the driveway, however, Phoebe DiPietro called him back in into the house.

"When I came in, she showed me Ayla's hand and it was swollen," he said.

Ayla wasn't crying, Phoebe DiPietro said. So, the family weighed a decision.

"It was my last class," Justin DiPietro said. "I paid a fairly good amount of money for that."

DiPietro considered skipping class, but his mother advised against it.

"I was, like, 'We have to bring her to the emergency room,' and she said, 'Well, she's fine right now.'"

Well, if she was fine, then why did she call Justin back into the house? That's the problem with the statement.

And here's where HE mentions intoxication, which makes it okay for us to discuss it:

DiPietro said he's aware of several widely held beliefs about the broken arm.

For instance, he said, some people have questioned the timelapse between when the injury happened and when they went to the hospital.

DiPietro said some people have suggested that he didn't take Ayla to the hospital immediately because he may have been intoxicated at the time. He said that's untrue.

DiPietro added that if he had known Ayla's injury was more serious than a bruise, he would have skipped his class.

"The class, the money, that wouldn't have mattered to me," he said.

Yes, hindsight is always 20-20, but he and his mother both mentioned the money as a factor in skipping the class. So they did care, even though they had an injured child.

And just because he said he wasn't intoxicated doesn't mean he wasn't. It just means he denies it. No one can prove it now either way. I wish there was a store camera as there was with the Irwin family.

I am further convinced everyday that it doesn't matter what you say or do after the fact, if a child goes missing under your care, the cloud of suspicion will always be with you.

There have been tons of posts today about Ayla's broken arm and and I don't see how any of these posts on this topic will help to find her. Please move on from this subject!

WS is a victim-friendly forum and bashing any of the victims (including the parents as they have not been named as POIs) is against our TOS.

I entirely understand that it is extremely frustrating when there is little news on a case. Here is a thread that has some constructive, suggested ideas for better use of your time: Things to Do in a New Case or When There's No News - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Carry on.

There has been a number of new articles on this case in the last 24 hours. Lots of new information coming out for us to try and make sense of what may or may not have happened.

Including an article referencing her broken arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie