ME - Frenchville, 'Baby Jane Doe', WhtFem Newborn, UP15152, in gravel pit, Dec'85 - *Identified* *Arrest*

On 6 December the FB page "Frenchville, Maine - Baby Jane Doe 12/7/85" announced the case had been submitted to DDP. Will be interesting if they take it on, given their stated position on not taking cases of babies/young children.

On 6 December the FB page "Frenchville, Maine - Baby Jane Doe 12/7/85" announced the case had been submitted to DDP. Will be interesting if they take it on, given their stated position on not taking cases of babies/young children.

I don't think DDP took this on, but I'm hoping the State of Maine will explore other companies who might, if they haven't already.

@othram
Has the State Of Maine been in contact with you about this case?
I know it was suggested to DDP almost 2 years ago, but they don't take on child cases.

Thank you. Not sure why I never get alerted to these things, since I have one set up and I subscribe to WGME's FB page.
So glad she's finally going to see justice.

The circumstances of the baby's death have always been chilling. Baby Jane Doe was first discovered in Frenchville, Maine on December 7, 1985. A dog found the newborn and carried her less than 700 feet to his owner's home, where the owner notified the police. State Police Troopers were able to track the dog's path back to the location where he'd found it. The resulting investigation determined Baby Jane Doe had been born and then abandoned in a gravel pit in Frenchville where temperatures had dipped below zero.

1655239260981.jpeg
Maine State Police Make Arrest in 36-year-old Aroostook County Homicide Case

On Monday, June 13, 2022, Maine State Police Detectives traveled to Lowell, Massachusetts to arrest the mother of Baby Jane Doe who was found dead in Frenchville, Maine on December 7, 1985. Baby Jane Doe was first discovered after a dog found the newborn and carried her less than 700 feet to his owner’s home. State Police Detectives were able to track the dog’s path back to the location where the in...See more

There are no excuses for murdering and abandoning a precious newborn baby. To go this long without turning herself in or admitting to her crime means she doesn't have any remorse for her sin. I hope Lee Ann Daigle burns in the hottest pits of Hell. :mad:

God bless this little one. May she finally rest in peace. :(

On Dec. 7, 1985, Armand and Lorraine Pelletier said their dog, Paca, woke them up in the middle of the night wanting to be let in from outside. Armand Pelletier answered the door and saw a newborn baby on his doorstep.

Armand Pelletier said he immediately called his wife out to take a look. As a medical assistant, Lorraine Pelletier said she checked out the baby girl and she knew she was dead.

"This baby was a perfect little baby, I mean she even had a little dimple, just cute as a button..." Lorraine Pelletier said.

The Pelletier's then immediately called the police.

"I was afraid they were going to take my dog away, and they said no, we're not gonna take your dog away, your dog was trying to save this baby," Lorraine Pelletier said.

In the days and months that followed, the Pelletier's were haunted by the what-ifs.

"One of the questions I asked them, I said you know if this baby had lived, would we have had a chance to adopt her, because we're not able to have children," Lorraine Pelletier said.

Lorraine Pelletier said she always thought the mother of the baby came just over the border to Frenchville from Canada, not someone who police now suspect to be from the same town.

"It's too bad that she didn't ring our doorbell and say I need some help. We've helped so many people in our lives," Lorraine Pelletier said.

WOW. I'm in shock. I just saw the identification on the Unidentified Wiki and my mouth hit the floor.

On Dec. 7, 1985, Armand and Lorraine Pelletier said their dog, Paca, woke them up in the middle of the night wanting to be let in from outside. Armand Pelletier answered the door and saw a newborn baby on his doorstep.

Armand Pelletier said he immediately called his wife out to take a look. As a medical assistant, Lorraine Pelletier said she checked out the baby girl and she knew she was dead.

"This baby was a perfect little baby, I mean she even had a little dimple, just cute as a button..." Lorraine Pelletier said.

The Pelletier's then immediately called the police.

"I was afraid they were going to take my dog away, and they said no, we're not gonna take your dog away, your dog was trying to save this baby," Lorraine Pelletier said.

In the days and months that followed, the Pelletier's were haunted by the what-ifs.

"One of the questions I asked them, I said you know if this baby had lived, would we have had a chance to adopt her, because we're not able to have children," Lorraine Pelletier said.

Lorraine Pelletier said she always thought the mother of the baby came just over the border to Frenchville from Canada, not someone who police now suspect to be from the same town.

"It's too bad that she didn't ring our doorbell and say I need some help. We've helped so many people in our lives," Lorraine Pelletier said.
Too bad she didn't reach out to Pelletiers that night for help. They would've made excellent parents.

This article does offer a lot more information. https://news.postuszero.com/local/6...985-murder-in-death-of-abandoned-newborn.html

Lee Ann Guerrette seems to have grown up in the Aroostook County, ME, ("The County") area, which does include Frenchville. I found public proclamation of a divorce decree between Lee Ann's parents in 1971, on the grounds of "cruel and abusive treatment," after nine years of marriage, with custody of the four children being awarded to the plaintiff, Lee Ann's mother. At that point, her mother was listed as living in Fort Kent, while her father was in Caribou.

In 1978, she was mentioned as being a member of the Frenchville Snowmobile Club. Frenchville at that time had a population of about 1,200. Even today, around 80% of households speak French in the home; it's on the Canadian border.

In 1981, she was listed as playing soccer, basketball, and softball for Wisdom High School in St. Agatha, ME, also in The County. Population then was a little over 1000, and they too speak French in the home at a similar rate as Frenchville. These are such small areas that it's hard for me to imagine that no one knew that Lee Ann was pregnant--and then not. She had three siblings, and there are many other Guerrettes that turn up in searching (very confusingly, there is a different Lee Guerrette, as well as others with the same name as her mother and at least one of her brothers). The article says her then-boyfriend, along with members of their families, saw her at Thanksgiving, just a few weeks before she gave birth.

In 1990, a man by her brother's name was killed in a car accident in Frenchville (although one report stated himto be living in Springfield, MS, where I believe her father had lived at one time, but another listed Frenchville).

A different brother's obituary in 2003 states that Lee Ann was living in New Hampshire at that time and was already going by Lee Ann Daigle then. At that time, one of their brothers had already passed away; their mother was still living, but their father had also passed. The brother had been born in Caribou, ME, and his service was at a Catholic church--could point to why abortion may not have been an option for whatever Lee Ann's situation was. An obituary for her maternal grandmother doesn't reference Lee Ann by name but was also a Catholic service.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back