Found Safe ME - Jill Sidebotham, 28, Nicholas Hansen, 38, Lydia Hansen, 2, Camping in Phillips area, overdue from trip, Sanford, 3 July 2022

Truly such a sad story, in multidimensional ways. A story that illustrates the desperation that some feel in this world, and the ways that American society can sometimes lead to the lows getting even lower. I hope the children involved can somehow come out with an opportunity to climb out. I wish there was a way to donate to them in a purposed way. Xo

Truly such a sad story, in multidimensional ways. A story that illustrates the desperation that some feel in this world, and the ways that American society can sometimes lead to the lows getting even lower. I hope the children involved can somehow come out with an opportunity to climb out. I wish there was a way to donate to them in a purposed way. Xo
What does American society have to do with a young woman who has two children outside of marriage with two different men, one a controlling, abusive criminal, with a boyfriend who wants her back despite her running off with the father of her youngest child & abandoning her oldest child?

Oh. I guess I answered my own question.

Or perhaps you have a more generous view of her as a victim of a society unable to save her from herself, much less others? Just curious.

I don't find the story sad. I find it archetypal of bad choices leading to awful consequences. Unless better choices get made with the welfare of the children being #1 priority, the next episode in this saga is likely to land right here, too.

JMO

Last edited:
Let us recap:

I believe that the average person turns out a product of his own environment, yea. And only the edge case people (intellectually on the upside, addiction-wise on the downside) see nature triumph over nurture. Nurture rules the average man.

It’s the choices I find sad. The generational issues.

What was he arrested for? I thought she was with him willingly.
According to Arrest Log October 3, 2022, arrested for "first offense Failure of Owner to Maintain Required Insurance/Security; No Registration Plates; Leaving Scene of Accident-Failure to Render Aid or Assistance; Menacing; first-degree Fleeing or Evading Police (Motor Vehicle); Reckless Driving; first-degree Wanton Endangerment-Police Officer."

According to Arrest Log October 3, 2022, arrested for "first offense Failure of Owner to Maintain Required Insurance/Security; No Registration Plates; Leaving Scene of Accident-Failure to Render Aid or Assistance; Menacing; first-degree Fleeing or Evading Police (Motor Vehicle); Reckless Driving; first-degree Wanton Endangerment-Police Officer."
I'm not sure this was she was willingly with him. I'll wait to see if we hear more of this story......

I am SO glad that he’s in jail and she now has the space to breathe, I hope she’s able to make a clean start with her kids and keep away from toxic men. Moo

What does American society have to do with a young woman who has two children outside of marriage with two different men, one a controlling, abusive criminal, with a boyfriend who wants her back despite her running off with the father of her youngest child & abandoning her oldest child?

Oh. I guess I answered my own question.

Or perhaps you have a more generous view of her as a victim of a society unable to save her from herself, much less others? Just curious.

I don't find the story sad. I find it archetypal of bad choices leading to awful consequences. Unless better choices get made with the welfare of the children being #1 priority, the next episode in this saga is likely to land right here, too.

JMO
yes yes yes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500