Found Safe ME - Jill Sidebotham, 28, Nicholas Hansen, 38, Lydia Hansen, 2, Camping in Phillips area, overdue from trip, Sanford, 3 July 2022

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Sanford police are searching for a family of three who has not been seen since Wednesday.

Officials say 28-year-old Jill Sidebotham, 2-year-old Lydia Hansen and 38-year old Nicholas Hansen may have been camping in the Phillips area and were due back on Thursday. Family and friends have not yet heard from them.

The family was reportedly in the Rumford area on Wednesday, driving a silver 2005 VW Jetta with a black rear bumper. The vehicle has a Maine license plate 1563VJ.

Sanford Police tell WMTW News 8 that at this time there is no reason to believe any of them are in danger. Multiple agencies at the local and county levels are collaborating to locate the family.

Anyone who has seen them or spoken to them is asked to contact Sanford police at 207-324-9170.
1656878482594.jpeg

Last edited:
See comments, Sanford PD Facebook: Here is Jill’s FB page, though there is not much to see. Log into Facebook

Her family have been posting about them missing and there seems to be reasons for real concern.
If you search her name and "missing" on Facebook, some members of her family are posting some interesting information.
Oh my! These comments reflect my exact immediate suspicions. Just from the photos. Good grief. No wonder family and friends are worried. Not looking good. Her family needs some kind of contact…

So, I wonder if they have found him or if the family is just not including him. I'm not questioning that decision, I just think it will give insight if he has been seen since and they have not....
I think it is definitely a statement the family or whomever is making these missing person signs.
This is not good. This is going end badly I fear.
:0(

Very troubling. I wonder why she did so. Maybe for her daughter's sake? Either way, that is a potentially very dangerous situation. <modsnip> I did a quick google search of Phillips and it has around 800 people so very small. There also seems to be a lot of wilderness around many tiny towns. I assume any sighting of strangers would be noted (unless they have a lot of seasonal campers there). Do we know what they were camping in or where exactly they were camping?

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back