Found Safe ME - Jill Sidebotham, 28, Nicholas Hansen, 38, Lydia Hansen, 2, Camping in Phillips area, overdue from trip, Sanford, 3 July 2022

I can't imagine after this length of time (over a month) that they'll be found alive.

Question is, do you think he killed himself as well? Are we looking at murder-suicide here? Or is he just laying very low and hiding up somewhere....?
That's exactly what I've been wondering :( I'd guess the former, not the latter.

296849213_169026315660021_4404205742806938086_n.jpg

If they are alive, I think if the authorities approach he will kill everyone before they can be rescued. It would have to be by surprise.

But it’s been a long time with no funds, that we know of, and no sightings. Very scary.

I know finding them without some help will be very hard, but why hasn't someone found the car by now?? Is it is submerged in water, with all of them in it? Off a beaten bath in the woods somewhere? How much effort is still being put into locating them? JMO
How far could you drive a car into a lake and it not be spotted from the air? Are the lakes that dark? Im assuming someone would swim out.

How far could you drive a car into a lake and it not be spotted from the air? Are the lakes that dark? Im assuming someone would swim out.
That would depend on a number of factors, including speed of vehicle, angle of vehicle making entry into water, and depth of water, among others. One case that drew national attention back in the 1990's was Susan Smith, a mother who rolled her car into John D Long Lake in South Carolina, from a boat launching ramp, with her two small children inside, and the car was not found for about 9 days, with police searching the lake earlier, and missing the car because they assumed it would be within about 30 feet of the bank, and it was over 100 feet out. The lake was also about 80 feet deep in spots. A car in water will usually float for a couple minutes, but then can sink pretty quickly, usually becoming completely submerged within 2-3 minutes. While it is certainly possible for a swimmer to escape a sinking vehicle, it is not easy to do, especially when panic sets in.

Last edited:
I know finding them without some help will be very hard, but why hasn't someone found the car by now?? Is it is submerged in water, with all of them in it? Off a beaten bath in the woods somewhere? How much effort is still being put into locating them? JMO
Maybe he sold the Jetta to the local CarMax like Kaitlin Armstrong..... ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back