Found Safe ME - Jill Sidebotham, 28, Nicholas Hansen, 38, Lydia Hansen, 2, Camping in Phillips area, overdue from trip, Sanford, 3 July 2022

Jill's fiancé Corey Alexander, 31, told The Sun: "Something's not right. It contradicts everything, the very person that I know her to be.

"If Jill wants to be with him and not me why won't she call me and say so?

"Why won't she talk to her family or her son? This is not the woman I know."

Sanford police Det. Erik Rae told WMTW late Thursday night that an update on the case is coming.

“Press release coming tomorrow instead of Monday. I am confident you spoke with Nick,” he said in an email exchange.
I really feel for her son and her fiancé. Her fiancé posts about her often on SM. I hope they can talk to Jill alone and get her side. If it’s true what Nick said, then fine, I’m glad they’re alive, but it breaks my heart for her son and fiancé.

JMO

C'mon, Nicholas Hansen is a proven violent abuser! They cannot take his word that everything is fine and Jill is with him willingly! They should check everything carefully, talk with Jill without Nicholas being present, or we're going to have another murder that could have been easily prevented.

Sanford Police Department's statement.

I do hope that CPS, or some other agency that's good at interviewing small children, steps in and checks up on the little one. This is kind of unbelievable.

Last edited:
The media finally posting about it so we can discuss and post link....

Update expected Friday in case of missing Sanford family

“He indicated Sidebotham planned to speak with a Sanford police detective during the afternoon Thursday.

That is when she will feel safe to let everybody know that we’re safe,” Hansen said.”

Wonder if Jill spoke to a detective yesterday afternoon.

So she hasn’t felt safe or been in a safe space or environment until yesterday afternoon? Something is off with that statement from him. He’s controlling the narrative.

JMO

Nicholas Hansen, Jill Sidebotham, and their daughter Lydia had been missing since June 28, after they did not return from a camping trip on June 30.

Since July 2, the Sanford Police Department has been working with multiple agencies in the effort to locate them, including the National Center for Missing and Endangered Children.

As of Sept. 6, law enforcement made contact with each person, either over phone or video chat, according to the release.

"The Sanford Police Department can report that each party is unharmed and safe, and no evidence of criminal behavior has been observed," the release states. "We also had verification that they were safe from local law enforcement who met with them in person."

Detectives made contact with Jill Sidebotham, Nicholas Hansen, and their 2-year-old daughter Lydia Hansen on Tuesday, Sanford police announced Friday.

“Detectives spoke with all parties via phone and video chat,” Lt. Matthew Gagné said in a statement. “The Sanford Police Department can report that each party is unharmed and safe, and no evidence of criminal behavior has been observed.”

An unnamed local law enforcement department also met with the family, verifying that they were safe, according to Sanford police.

Nicholas Hansen, Jill Sidebotham, and their daughter Lydia had been missing since June 28, after they did not return from a camping trip on June 30.

Since July 2, the Sanford Police Department has been working with multiple agencies in the effort to locate them, including the National Center for Missing and Endangered Children.

As of Sept. 6, law enforcement made contact with each person, either over phone or video chat, according to the release.

"The Sanford Police Department can report that each party is unharmed and safe, and no evidence of criminal behavior has been observed," the release states. "We also had verification that they were safe from local law enforcement who met with them in person."

So nobody talked to Jill and Lydia without the presence of Nicholas?
That cannot end well.

Has LE confirmed that local LE spoke to her without the guy present, but WITH her daughter present? This is ridiculous. If she spoke to LE alone but he had her daughter while she spoke, that would be a problem. None of this makes sense. Why would she suddenly abandon her son for a guy who is abusive, while she engaged to another?

On the one hand, yeah.

But on the other hand, I've known a number of women over the years who have thrown over family, jobs, common sense for an abusive bad news boyfriend/spouse/lover.

I wonder if it went down like this: the man she thinks of as her "one true love" came back to reclaim her, and convinced her that he was a reformed man, but they have to go somewhere where her family won't try to break them up and it will be just the two of them and baby, and they'll be the perfect family, etc.

On the one hand, yeah.

But on the other hand, I've known a number of women over the years who have thrown over family, jobs, common sense for an abusive bad news boyfriend/spouse/lover.

I wonder if it went down like this: the man she thinks of as her "one true love" came back to reclaim her, and convinced her that he was a reformed man, but they have to go somewhere where her family won't try to break them up and it will be just the two of them and baby, and they'll be the perfect family, etc.
Bingo! Plus he has had a couple of months with her alone. That’s plenty of time to make his narrative seem normal to her.

On the one hand, yeah.

Yeah well good luck with that! Meanwhile she’s lost her family. Will her young son ever trust her again?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back