Identified! ME - Jonesport, Wht/OtherMale 60-65, UP15307, in ocean, clothes, watch, Jul'00 - Philip Kahn

His NamUs link is down!!!
Good news, we were hopeful about his identification because the DDP volunteer said they were close to his identification and they were hopeful he will be identified this year. It was in context that his case was very difficult probably because of his Ashkenazi roots, distint matches and endogamy but after long time, his team finally had a breakthrough in his case

Last edited:
It would make my day. As genealogist, hobby sleuth and Jew.
It would be a milestone since he would be the first Ashkenazi Jew IDD by genetic genealogy.

I hope it is true and we will get to know his name. He deserves to come home and to get jewish burial.
In Jewish tradition if you say someones name, he lives on.
I hope we will learn it soon.

I just spoke w the ME. I can officially tell you all that after 22 years Jonesport John Doe has finally been IDENTIFIED! They are working on a press release this week. They are aiming for today or tomorrow but it might be next week. Family has been notified.

Anthony Armbrust was also of Jewish descent.

He was of partial Ashkenazi descent (i believe his mother was, father was German). They said the Ashkenazi side was tricky to solve. But i think he was idd via the German American side.
Much easier than someone fully Ashkenazi

I have a missing, distant non-blood relative who I've thought of as a possibility for Jonesport John Doe. He disappeared, and by some accounts, may have left a suicide note. I do not think a body was ever found. Unfortunately, remaining relatives who coud provide a DNA sample don't talk about him at all. He was a New Englander, and a member of a medical profession who deteriorated due to mental illness.

Whoever he is, it is time to give him a proper burial and put him to rest.

I have a missing, distant non-blood relative who I've thought of as a possibility for Jonesport John Doe. He disappeared, and by some accounts, may have left a suicide note. I do not think a body was ever found. Unfortunately, remaining relatives who coud provide a DNA sample don't talk about him at all. He was a New Englander, and a member of a medical profession who deteriorated due to mental illness.

Whoever he is, it is time to give him a proper burial and put him to rest.
You should be getting an answer to that soon. We should be getting an announcement this week

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back