Identified! ME - Kennebec Co, WhtMale, 40-46, "Alfred Jake Fuller", Oakland, May'14 - Name withheld

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Sex: Male
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 50
Estimated Age Range (Years): 40-46
Estimated Year of Death: 2014
Height: 5' 10"(70 inches) , Measured
Weight: 255 lbs, Measured

Hair Color: Brown/ Gray or Partially Gray

Head Hair Description:
Sandy brown with grey, curly and abundant scalp hair.
Light brown and gray Curly 2-3 inches in length

Facial Hair Description: Short trimmed grey beard and mustache/ Very short mustache and goatee.

Eye Description: Early postmortem change precludes determination of eye color. Irides are not discernible.

Scar/mark
Blue discoloration over left anterior cheek Large mole along spine, between shoulder blades

Accessories
"Fugitive Recovery Agent" card; Black visa card, pre-paid (Near the Body)

Clothing

Blue hooded and zippered sweat shirt with blue sweatpants and green t-shirt with inscription "Harpoon Brewery, Point to Point to benefit Vermont Food Bank.

Blue sweatpants White, sneaker-type socks which are gray with dirt, Green t-shirt, Blue zipped jacket (On the Body)

Jewelry
Large round pendant with compass points on a cord Large cross on a white metal chain
(On the Body)

Large round compass type pendant on cord, large cross on chain.

Circumstances of Recovery
Decedent rented a room under a possible false name and date of birth, Alfred "Jake" Fuller, date of birth 11/08/1970. The only ID in the apartment was a "Bail Enforcement Agent" card and US Marshall's office had no one by that name. No record of an "Alfred Fuller" with the given date of birth in Maine, New Hampshire or Vermont.
Found deceased in bed by landlord. Enlarged heart, pending toxicology.

Location Found Map
Street Address: 58 Main Street Oakland, Maine

Details of Recovery

Inventory of Remains: All parts recovered
Condition of Remains: Recognizable face

Unidentified Person Case
Unclaimed Person Case
Office of the Maine AG: Crime and Victims: Chief Medical Examiner
Alfred Jake Fuller - DNA Doe Project Cases

Posting photos which you can enlarge by clicking. Quite interesting jewelry, also compass. Recommending to click on them.

(No idea what is happening in Namus or WS but photos are displayed sideways but when clicked on to enlarge they are in correct way. Tshirt is other way around - displayes ok but when enlarged it shows sideways. I am perplexed).

Original

Original

Original

Unclaimed Person Case

Thanks goes to @Mrs. Badcrumble for bringing this case up in the DNA Doe Project general discussion thread. His DNA ethnicity report is posted there:
DNA Doe Project - General Discussion

Sounds like he has a good chance at being identified through cousin matches. JMO.
Thank you, Gardener1850!

Reposting his DDP update and ethnicity report from the mentioned thread:

"The DNA Doe Project is pleased to share that DNA from “Alfred Jake Fuller” has completed our numerous processing stages, and is now uploaded to GEDmatch as of this morning. His DNA is in great shape, and our volunteer researchers are already seeing at least third-cousin matches, as well as cousins from the northeast region of North America (Maine and Canada).

Who is Alfred Jake Fuller? On 2 May 2014, a middle-aged man was found dead in his apartment in Oakland, Maine. Law enforcement does not believe “Alfred Jake Fuller” is his real name. He had no state-issued identification, and there was no record in any database of a man with that name with the date of birth he provided on his lease agreement. He was about 40-46 years old, 5' 10" inches tall, and weighed approximately 255 pounds. He had light brown and gray curly hair 2-3 inches in length, with a very short mustache and goatee. He wore blue sweatpants, white sneaker-type socks which were gray with dirt, a green t-shirt, and a blue zipped jacket.

Alfred Jake Fuller’s mtDNA haplogroup is H1, and his Y-DNA haplogroup is R1b-U106 / S21. GEDmatch predicts that his parents are not closely related to each other. Two ethnicity predictions are included for him below.

GEDmatch predicts that Alfred Jake Fuller might possibly have blue eyes, and although this popular utility is not always accurate, our DDP bioinformatics expert verified predicted color with additional markers.

More case information can be found at:
Unidentified Person Case
Unclaimed Person Case
Office of the Maine AG: Crime and Victims: Chief Medical Examiner
Alfred Jake Fuller - DNA Doe Project Cases

As always, thank you all for your kind support and interest in the DNA Doe Project.

Anyone with information on this case should contact Lindsey Chasteen at the Maine Office of Chief Medical Examiner, 207-624-7180.

#DNADoeProject
#AlfredJakeFuller
#OaklandMaine "

Attachments

• 45779665_2198584750400298_6996346457821282304_o.jpg
    45779665_2198584750400298_6996346457821282304_o.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 45745189_2198583953733711_2723216347512176640_o.png.jpg
    45745189_2198583953733711_2723216347512176640_o.png.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 28
Is not it a bit strange that he has 2 NamUs profiles? One under Unidentified and one under Unclaimed? I have not seen this happening before. Not sure if it is an error or on purpose.

Unidentified Person Case
Unclaimed Person Case

Thank you for creating thread for him. Interesting case.

Maybe the unclaimed version is just in case Alfred Jake Fuller is his real name? Perhaps he was lying about some things (like date of birth) but was telling the truth about his name? Or maybe they just want to cover their bases. It is strange...

What an odd case. What is a 'fugitive recovery agent' card? A card issued to someone whose job it is to catch fugitives, I assume? Hmm...

Is not it a bit strange that he has 2 NamUs profiles? One under Unidentified and one under Unclaimed? I have not seen this happening before. Not sure if it is an error or on purpose.

Unidentified Person Case
Unclaimed Person Case

I have never seen it either. I copied wording from both links for things like hair description and circumstances, because they were slightly different. The unclaimed case was opened two weeks after he was found. The Unidentified case was not opened until 2016. Perhaps it took a couple years to investigate and figure out this name may have been a fake ID?

Maybe the unclaimed version is just in case Alfred Jake Fuller is his real name? Perhaps he was lying about some things (like date of birth) but was telling the truth about his name? Or maybe they just want to cover their bases. It is strange...

What an odd case. What is a 'fugitive recovery agent' card? A card issued to someone whose job it is to catch fugitives, I assume? Hmm...

In regards to the "Fugitive Recovery Agent" card -- it says that in the Accessories info but then in the Circumstances info it describes a "Bail Enforcement Agent" card as his only form of ID found. So I'm thinking this was some sort of fake ID he had made up? They said after the card info "US Marshall's office had no one by that name." Perhaps he was running a scam of some sort where he claimed to work for the US Marshals office?

Based on the cousin matches, he seems to have ties to the area in which he was living and/or might be Canadian. I also wonder with his ethnicity report, if he has one parent of Western European ancestry, and one more Baltic/Western Med. Of course, he could also be from an area with roots in both regions, and that's just how the percentages came out.

I wish we knew how long he had been in the area; perhaps he worked for a bail bondsman (think the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich) at times? I could see that kind of ID coming in handy in that line of work.

I know DNA Doe Project is probably close to solving this one but I had a look at NAMUS anyway. Maybe Shawn Herman from Texas:
Original

Missing Person Case

Height and weight are close (SH 72 inches/UID 70 inches; SH 265 lb/UID 255 lbs)
And he seems to have a discoloration on his cheek as the UID was describes as had--I'm unclear if it is in the same location, however. It is not mentioned in SH's file to tell us which side (photos can be reversed images).
One thing that doesn't fit is SH had a limp.
Also unsure how he would get from Texas to Maine. He rode the bus and was known as "Elvis" in the downtown Austin area.
If anyone thinks it's a good possible, please feel free to submit. I'm just suggesting here. Thanks.

I believe this is my missing brother. We are waiting for DNA confirmation but all of the facts fit. Yes this was a fake name, fake birthday. I wanted to know if anyone knew him before he passed.

Welcome crjfmom. I hope you get the answers you are seeking.

That is an exceptional resemblance. DDP believes that Jake has blue eyes, although this is based on DNA and not the autopsy report (irises not discernible). My other thought is that the photo of Shawn Herman looks like a mugshot, so he may already has fingerprints in the system. I can't confirm that online, though.

https://www.austintexas.gov/sites/default/files/files/Police/141120568_HERMAN.pdf
Shawn Herman – The Charley Project

Unidentified Person Case
Unclaimed Person Case

I believe this is my missing brother. We are waiting for DNA confirmation but all of the facts fit. Yes this was a fake name, fake birthday. I wanted to know if anyone knew him before he passed.
I have never seen it either. I copied wording from both links for things like hair description and circumstances, because they were slightly different. The unclaimed case was opened two weeks after he was found. The Unidentified case was not opened until 2016. Perhaps it took a couple years to investigate and figure out this name may have been a fake ID?

This might be a dumb question but what is a 2 NamUs profile?

Based on the cousin matches, he seems to have ties to the area in which he was living and/or might be Canadian. I also wonder with his ethnicity report, if he has one parent of Western European ancestry, and one more Baltic/Western Med. Of course, he could also be from an area with roots in both regions, and that's just how the percentages came out.

I wish we knew how long he had been in the area; perhaps he worked for a bail bondsman (think the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich) at times? I could see that kind of ID coming in handy in that line of work.

The dna profile is from AJ since i believe that I am his sister this DNA profile is mine too?

This might be a dumb question but what is a 2 NamUs profile?

NAMUS is a US database of missing persons, unidentified persons and deceased persons unclaimed by any family members for burial. This person that you are hoping is your brother has two profiles on NAMUS-- which I have never seen before. It seems since he was using a false name they put him in the "unclaimed" section first-- hoping to track down his family under that name. Then years later they realized he may have been using an alias and they started a new profile in the Unidentified section.

These are the links to the two NAMUS profiles:
Unclaimed Person Case
Unidentified Person Case

Has your brother been entered into NAMUS as a missing person? This is their main page to read more: NamUs

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back