GUILTY ME - Marissa Kennedy, 10, Stockton Springs, killed by mother & stepfather, 25 Feb 2018

It's late here - and time for bed for me. If one of the tweeters posts a sentencing date - I'll do that tomorrow - unless someone beats me to it!
animated-smileys-christmas-033.gif

Wow. He told people she died well before they killed her?!
I don't think he told them she was dead because he intended on killing her. I think he did that to garner sympathy. He did that at two different places of employment and one of them took up a collection. A horrible thing to do, though.

Some late tweets:

Paul Dwyer
‏ @PaulDwyerTV
10h10 hours ago

Sentencing is scheduled for February 7th @WABI_TV

Awaiting sound from the attorneys outside the courthouse

Sharon's Father Joseph Kennedy:
"Maine government failed to do its job starting from the police down through DHHS, and I have a dead granddaughter because of this."
EMGgs6vXUAAlvTK.jpg

Sharon’s defense attorney Chris MacLean: “This is the first stage in the process because we're not done fighting for Sharon Carrillo. We intend to fight at her sentencing hearing for the lowest possible sentence that can be given to her after everything that she's been through.”
EMGhRTcXsAgoIkU.jpg

Assistant Attorney General Leane Zainea: "There were two people responsible for beating Marissa Kennedy to death. That's Julio Carrillo and Sharon Carrillo, and they have now been held accountable for their actions."
EMGhx8YXYAALn4s.jpg

link: Paul Dwyer (@PaulDwyerTV) | Twitter

Not sure what else the police could have done. They reported the abuse to DHHS. As far as I'm concerned, the blame lies squarely on them, in addition to SC & JC.
I've had few dealings with our DHHS, but every single one has been an experience with frustration, laziness and indifference.

In too many states to count these children's services agencies are not doing the jobs they were created to do. Children are suffering and dying because of indifference and it is high time agency staff be held accountable each and every time they fail to protect a child. I am sick of hearing of cases like this, where cries for help were ignored and tragedy resulted.

Friday, February 7th:
*Sentencing Hearing (@ 9am ET) - ME – Marissa Kennedy (10) (Feb. 25, 2018, Stockton Springs. Suffered months of abuse (Oct. ‘1-Feb. ’18) - for *Sharon Carrillo (33) “mom” arrested (2/26/18), charged (2/28/18) & arraigned (4/2/18) with depraved indifference murder. Plead not guilty. $500K bond.
Julio & Sharon's marriage was annulled on Friday, Dec 20, due to him already being married to a woman in KY when he married Sharon.
Trial began on 12/6/19. Jury selection begins on 12/5. Trial ended on 12/18/19.
The judge ruled that Sharon is competent to stand trial.

Trial info from 12/4/19 to 12/17/19 (Day 1-8) reference post #289 here:
GUILTY - ME - Marissa Kennedy, 10, Stockton Springs, killed by mother & stepfather, 25 Feb 2018

12/18/19 Day 9: Justice Murray is instructing the jury on their duties before they go into deliberation. Jury started deliberations at 9:40am ET. At about 12:30pm jurors had a couple of questions & asked for lunch. Verdict reached at ~3:15pm (deliberation time: 6 hours). Verdict: guilty of murder. Sentencing scheduled on 2/7/20.
*Julio Carrillo (51) step-dad - plead guilty at “open plea” hearing on 7/22/19. DA will be asking for life. 8/28/19: sentenced to 55 years in prison.

The hearing was postponed due to weather.
We had an ice storm yesterday which made road conditions treacherous. And though it probably wouldn't have affected her time slot, we lost internet access in most of New England, including much of Maine, yesterday afternoon. The outage was due to someone cutting a cable. It lasted 5 hours.
It is not yet clear when Sharon’s sentencing will take place as the courts will not open until Monday, Feb. 10.
https://www.penbaypilot.com/article...d-after-maine-courts-close-due-weather/130281

Thank you Alleykins for the update!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif

edited to add: I'm going to put her on Monday 2/10 - just in case! :)

Monday, February 10th:
*Sentencing Hearing (@ 9am ET) - ME – Marissa Kennedy (10) (Feb. 25, 2018, Stockton Springs. Suffered months of abuse (Oct. ‘1-Feb. ’18) - for *Sharon Carrillo (33/now 34) “mom” arrested (2/26/18), charged (2/28/18) & arraigned (4/2/18) with depraved indifference murder. Plead not guilty. $500K bond.
Julio & Sharon's marriage was annulled on Friday, Dec 20, due to him already being married to a woman in KY when he married Sharon.
Trial began on 12/6/19. Jury selection begins on 12/5. Trial expected to go to 12/18/19.
The judge ruled that Sharon is competent to stand trial.

Trial info from 12/4/19 to 12/17/19 (Day 1-8) reference post #289 here:
GUILTY - ME - Marissa Kennedy, 10, Stockton Springs, killed by mother & stepfather, 25 Feb 2018

12/18/19 Day 9: Justice Murray is instructing the jury on their duties before they go into deliberation. Jury started deliberations at 9:40am ET. At about 12:30pm jurors had a couple of questions & asked for lunch. Verdict reached at ~3:15pm (deliberation time: 6 hours). Verdict: guilty of murder. Sentencing scheduled on 2/7/20. 2/7/20: Court was closed due to inclement weather. Sentencing “might” be on Monday, 2/10.
*Julio Carrillo (51) step-dad - plead guilty at “open plea” hearing on 7/22/19. DA will be asking for life. 8/28/19: sentenced to 55 years in prison.

No news on sentencing? TIA :)

Thanks for checking @Alleykins! It could be she did NOT have sentencing on the 10th - I just guessed. Could be later this week for all I know.... o_O

Thanks for checking @Alleykins! It could be she did NOT have sentencing on the 10th - I just guessed. Could be later this week for all I know.... o_O

I figured they'd announce the date it was postponed to, but haven't found anything so far.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back