GUILTY ME - Michael & Valerie Miller, both 47, murdered, Webster Plantation, 28 Nov 2009

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Fairy1, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Fairy1

Fairy1 Divided We Fall

(CNN) -- Webster Plantation is among the smallest communities in Maine, if not the country. With a population of about 80, the two-road town has fewer residents than a New York subway car during rush hour.

It's so tiny that Stephen McCausland, spokesman for the Maine State Police, didn't even know it existed until a few days ago.
    "Frankly, before Sunday, I've never heard of it," he said. "It's that remote, and it's that small."

That small-town ambiance was shattered last weekend when authorities discovered the bodies of a couple, who were known by many in the community.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/12/03/maine.slain/index.html

http://www.sunjournal.com/node/636837/

2. Loading...

3. LaLaw2000

LaLaw2000 Louisiana

How strange. Family related maybe?

4. Fairy1

Fairy1 Divided We Fall

IDK - seems maybe their unofficial "pawn" business may be a factor??? It's such a small town. The second article I posted has a sketch of the woman they want to speak to - seen leaving their home just an hour before they were discovered. It's so odd.

5. wicky

wicky Could Possibly Be Drunk Posting

Obviously this woman was a stranger to the town. Surely anyone who saw her leaving would recognize her if she lived nearby. This seems like a random....??? Robbery gone wrong? Crime of passion? Is this a serial killer? (Seems very presumptuous, but let's face it, crazy things are happening all of the time.)

I'm holding back tears.

6. Debbie Miller

Debbie Miller New Member

Curious of the position they were found, if it was staged that way. If so, it could be a good possibility that the killer is close with the victims.

7. Fairy1

Fairy1 Divided We Fall

Were they posed that way after the fact or before? Did they know they were about to die? Is it possible he was having an affair with the woman LE wants to speak with?

8. Boyz_Mum

Boyz_Mum New Member

If it were originally thought that the couple had died from carbon monoxide poisoning, does that mean that there were no outward signs of murder (bloodshed, etc...)?

9. 4Kat

4Kat New Member

I found VM's myspace page. She doesn't have any pictures of herself there, but on her son's page, there are a few pictures of her and some of her husband. Looking at those, I would have to say that if their positions were staged, whoever did it could not be a small person.

God rest their souls and may they find out who did this quickly!

10. Fairy1

Fairy1 Divided We Fall

Now that I think about it, I suppose it's possible Valerie was having the affair?!?!

11. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

It could be that she was injured but not yet dead and managed to crawl to her husband.

12. boldbadger

boldbadger New Member

13. tapu

tapu Pretty scary.

Gee, ya think he might have something to do with it?

(Okay, that's terrible, appearances and all, but when I saw the booking photo.... ;) )

14. wicky

wicky Could Possibly Be Drunk Posting

He DOES look very, very shady. Perhaps mystery woman is a girlfriend of his? Is this teamwork?

This makes me cry. :(

15. fran

fran Former Member

This is an interview with a cousin of the victims.
    Two points stick out about her interview.
    I don't know what happened here or who is responsible, but it looks like LE will most likely be able to solve this crime.

fran

Webster Plantation Homicide Investigation Continues As Family Member Speaks Out

.........................snip..........................

Rebecca Bickford of Corinth says she was stunned by the news that her cousin Valerie and her husband, Mike, were killed. She says she's also afraid to talk much about how they died, for fear of her family's safety. Bickford says she, and other family members have their suspicions about who may have been involved the killings, but she won't speak publicly about those suspicions until police make an arrest.

......................snip...............................

Bickford says she recognizes the woman in the sketch released by police but can't remember the woman's name. Authorities believe the woman in the sketch was seen at the Miller home the morning their bodies were found.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

http://www.wabi.tv/news/8807/webste...igation-continues-as-family-member-speaks-out

16. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

holy mackeral - those ms pages are ridiculous with personal info - lookit the son's 'baby mama's' blogs & what friends & family members have commented underneath

um, Valerie wasn't shy about dropping the f-bomb in a public comment either ...

17. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

ok, allegations of molestation of M & T's son (by M's brother I think) - this is going to be a goldmine for LE to investigate

there's a lot of people who hate each other & aren't afraid to publicly show it

holy crap - go to T's blog entitled: Attention: Whom It May Concern and read the comments underneath

18. Fairy1

Fairy1 Divided We Fall

So, the plot thickens. I think you're right, Fran - LE should be able to figure this out soon.

19. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

This is so sad. I can't imagine yet what happened but I do know that there's way too much rancor and hatefulness in that family for my liking. I read the Myspace pages and just cringe when I see all the "petty drama". I hope that doesn't offend. But maybe if everyone would stop talking trash within the circle of friends and relatives and concentrate on all those babies, things might start to look up. Getting sober and staying out of jail wouldn't hurt.

I agree that it looks as if DHS needs to take a close look at this family and especially the health and safety of those children. I hope there's resolution soon.

20. 4Kat

4Kat New Member

IIRC the guy T is accusing in the comments section is the brother of a guy (C) she is writing about in her blog.

21. MWright

MWright New Member

Speculation: Perhaps not carbon monoxide poisoning, but deliberate poisoning? Such as a highly toxic substance in food or coffee?