GUILTY ME - Nichole Cable, 15, Glenburn, 12 May 2013

I can see why the girls would talk to him. He's a good looking kid or at least he stole pictures of a good looking kid. I want to disagree that she would not get into the car with a creepy old guy. What if he said ' im bryan's dad or uncle or cousin and his car broke down, I'll take you to him'' or any other various types of sob stories? The guy online could have even said ' my car's broken, my friend will meet you and bring you to me ' .

I find it pretty darn weird that a young girl goes outside to meet someone at night and nobody bothers worrying about it until the next morning. I wish there was more solid information.

I find it pretty darn weird that a young girl goes outside to meet someone at night and nobody bothers worrying about it until the next morning. I wish there was more solid information.

I said the exact same thing!

No kidding! She's 15 right? Based on her social media presence, it appears that she was partying at 15 like I did when I was in college. Looks like little to no parental supervision. Perfect target for a predator.

Sorry if that's a little harsh. I just feel this was totally preventable. This guy talked to several potential targets. Nichole was the easiest to grab because nobody was watching. Very sad.

No kidding! She's 15 right? Based on her social media presence, it appears that she was partying at 15 like I did when I was in college. Looks like little to no parental supervision. Perfect target for a predator.

Sorry if that's a little harsh. I just feel this was totally preventable. This guy talked to several potential targets. Nichole was the easiest to grab because nobody was watching. Very sad.

TOTALLY preventable.

I was really hoping to wake up this morning and see found by her name. :please:

Mom was watching out the window I believe. Can't say for certain since I haven't been on the fb group page since yesterday just after it was cleaned up a bit, and that's where most of the information about this case comes from (relatives post there).

I am wondering if .. and this is really just me trying to make ANY sense of this... maybe the girl knew the guy she was talking to wasn't "Bryan Butterfield".. maybe she knew she wouldn't be allwoed to talk to this guy and even suggested to him that he make a fake profile so that when her parents looked over her shoulder as she talked to him, they'd think she was talking to some nice kid her own age from her own area.

Maybe she DID go off with this guy willingly, thinking she was in love or something... you know, some exciting romantic adventure... and then realized it was a terrible mistake afterwards.

I honestly can't figure this out any other way. I will say her local police scanner has a LOT of traffic on it, or did last night, generally speaking. So it's a lively area. I like how they combine fire and police on one scanner because that way you get to hear everyone who might be searching, all on one at least. I will keep listening (and praying) today.

That's a definite possibility, GGE. And a much better thought than the alternative.

It must have been someone she at least knew by sight, I think. Maybe they said they'd drive her to the real Bryan. There was an "argument" on the FB page saying she wouldn't have even gone to meet Bryan because he has a girlfriend and she has a boyfriend, so who knows what's going on.

I wish I'd never watched "Megan is Missing", it makes my mind always go to the worst scenario. :banghead:

That's a definite possibility, GGE. And a much better thought than the alternative.

It must have been someone she at least knew by sight, I think. Maybe they said they'd drive her to the real Bryan. There was an "argument" on the FB page saying she wouldn't have even gone to meet Bryan because he has a girlfriend and she has a boyfriend, so who knows what's going on.

I wish I'd never watched "Megan is Missing", it makes my mind always go to the worst scenario. :banghead:

What if he had actual pics of HIMSELF on that fake Bryan FB page? Like pics of ' bryans' friends or classmates' and she recognized him ? " I'm Bryans' friend Zack , remember I'm in that pic at the beach and Bryan liked it and says my LIFE LONG friend or something' ......... sickening but possible.

Adding Megan is missing to my watch list ! Please watch TRUST !

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1529572/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

This movies shows step by step how he got the girl victim to accept his age older and older. Initially she thought they were the same age, then the more they talked he would say he was a couple years older and didn't want to tell her because he didn't want to freak her out and then once she accepted that a bit later he would add another year or two, carefully and methodically and by now she feels really connected to him so she's accepting that he's 19 , oh now he's 21 and in college, and so on and so on. It's very believable as to how the freaks work.

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/array/array/array/array/1365479

Dawn Gagnon, Bangor Daily News
Maine | Friday, May 17, 2013 at 7:46 am

BANGOR — The Penobscot County Sheriff’s Office and several partner agencies are following up on at least 60 leads that have come in over the last 24 hours in the effort to find a missing 15-year-old Glenburn girl.

nicholecable.jpg

Want to make sure we have her photo on each page of the thread so that anyone coming in at the end will still know who we're looking for:

943341_10151610147224696_269969469_n.jpg

What if he had actual pics of HIMSELF on that fake Bryan FB page? Like pics of ' bryans' friends or classmates' and she recognized him ? " I'm Bryans' friend Zack , remember I'm in that pic at the beach and Bryan liked it and says my LIFE LONG friend or something' ......... sickening but possible.

Adding Megan is missing to my watch list ! Please watch TRUST !

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1529572/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

This movies shows step by step how he got the girl victim to accept his age older and older. Initially she thought they were the same age, then the more they talked he would say he was a couple years older and didn't want to tell her because he didn't want to freak her out and then once she accepted that a bit later he would add another year or two, carefully and methodically and by now she feels really connected to him so she's accepting that he's 19 , oh now he's 21 and in college, and so on and so on. It's very believable as to how the freaks work.

Sorry, OT, but my Goddaughter had an issue with a 'boy' she met online, I would love to pass the details of this movie to her mother, do you know if it's suitable for a 'young' 15 year old at all?

Sorry, OT, but my Goddaughter had an issue with a 'boy' she met online, I would love to pass the details of this movie to her mother, do you know if it's suitable for a 'young' 15 year old at all?

There is one 'sex' scene. It shows NOTHING by way of nudity, but it's implied and very uncomfortable. The IMDB page should have a portion that shows ' content' and it would detail the scene for the mom to approve or disapprove OR she could zoom through that particular scene. It is uncomfortable more because of the subject matter than what is shown on the screen if that makes sense. If it was jennifer aniston and brad pitt in the same scene, it would not even be considered a sex scene. Hope that makes sense. I'm going to make my 15 yr old watch it, uncomfortable or NOT !

OT , but not !

eta OH wow, I didn't remember it this bad ,,, here is adult content http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1529572/parentalguide?ref_=tt_stry_pg

There is a local girl on the FB page posting other fake profiles of men that have been friending/having inappropriate conversation with other local teenage girls. They are also made with stolen pictures.

There is one 'sex' scene. It shows NOTHING by way of nudity, but it's implied and very uncomfortable. The IMDB page should have a portion that shows ' content' and it would detail the scene for the mom to approve or disapprove OR she could zoom through that particular scene. It is uncomfortable more because of the subject matter than what is shown on the screen if that makes sense. If it was jennifer aniston and brad pitt in the same scene, it would not even be considered a sex scene. Hope that makes sense. I'm going to make my 15 yr old watch it, uncomfortable or NOT !

OT , but not !

eta OH wow, I didn't remember it this bad ,,, here is adult content http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1529572/parentalguide?ref_=tt_stry_pg

Thank you! I read it, yeah, it's hard to weigh up whether or not it's worth letting them watch for the message it gives, I would probably think yes, might make more of an impact, I hope her mum thinks so too. Thanks again for your help! :cheers:

The movie Trust is entirely online on youtube if you want to preview it first:
Trust - YouTube

I would NOT recommend Megan Is Missing, it has very graphic violence/torture scenes that I wish I could undo from my memory!

I just want to add to what the real Bryan Butterfield said about Facebook. It is very hard to get Facebook to remove fake profiles of the same person. My daughter's father has reported several of him and they are still up! Not to mention all of the RSO's we on WS have discovered with pages.

Speaking of RSOs -

http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Glenburn-Maine.html

Only 8 in Glenburn, which is pretty good I guess..

ETA: oh but it looks like a bunch live near or on Pushaw Rd, which is one of the roads mentioned by police, who wanted witnesses between 8pm and 2am the night she went missing to let them know if they saw anything.

That was a grammatical nightmare, sorry. But yeah. Is there a map for this case yet? I will make one, if not.

I just want to add to what the real Bryan Butterfield said about Facebook. It is very hard to get Facebook to remove fake profiles of the same person. My daughter's father has reported several of him and they are still up! Not to mention all of the RSO's we on WS have discovered with pages.

That is so aggravating. I understand it's not FB problem but uh........it's kind of FB's problem. If someone comes to them and says a predator is using this page to catch young girls, why would they ignore it?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back