Found Deceased ME - Prescott Wright, 23, & Zachary Wells, 21, Kennebunkport, 20 Dec 2012

Definitely drug dealers or drowning.

I agree. If no drugs are involved, I believe this is an accident. I just don't see two grown men getting killed together for any other reason. Jmo

The danger inherent in young men + alcohol + water trumps any other theory I've heard.

Seems like MSM would've said they checked into the roommates situations and cleared them if that was the case. I almost wonder if right now LE is still keeping an eye on the roommates to see where they go, what they do, who they associate with, etc. while they're working on figuring out what happened to these two.

After all, the only people who would've had access to the clothing that was found on the island the other day would be the guy wearing his own clothing, or his roommates, right? So now that clothing was found I'd be even more interested in what the people with access to that clothing were doing when these guys went missing..

I just feel like there's something more to this than a couple of drunk guys drowning.

just a gut feeling.

BBM

Agreed.

Does anyone know if the clothing found was wet or dry?

If you go back to the forums you will see a thread for "missing college-age men". There is much to read there.

I was wrong, it is actually titled "Deaths of college males/The River Killer".

This is the best I can figure out in terms of locations ... does it seem, based on the clothing and life jackets location, that they may have drifted for a while ... maybe were really cold and then they stripped down from hypothermia? Wouldn't that mean that they'll be on the Island - unless they tried to swim.

kennebunkport_kayaks.jpg

I'm wary of this clothing discovery, that was so easily identified as belonging to one/both of these guys based on a name being written in something.

If I wanted to throw an investigation off, I'd think throwing an object in a random, unrelated location after carefully labeling it with the name of the missing person would be a fine start.

I don't know why I'm so skeptical of this situation, it seems obvious what happened but it doesn't feel right to me.

"When one of Wells' roommates went downstairs to turn off a radio at 4 a.m., both men were gone.

When neither showed up for class on Thursday or Friday, administrators called the police."

I don't get it, the guy has multiple roommates yet school administrators are the ones to finally call police after they miss not one, but two full days of school?

What the heck is going on with the other roommates?? At least one of the multiple roommates KNEW they were gone as of 4am Wednesday, but NEVER tells police? So cops aren't notified until after school hours on Friday? That's almost three entire days that they didn't show back up at home (all day Wed, all day Thurs, all day Fri, admin finally calls cops), wth.

I don't find anything odd about the roommates not calling LE. They are young men - they don't think like we do. When I was younger I would never think of calling LE if my roommate didn't show up for a couple of days (I am female and have had both male/female roommates) - I would just assume he/she went off and did something. Unless there was evidence of a crime (which we don't think there was in this situation), I assume they just shluffed (sp?) it off.

This is the best I can figure out in terms of locations ... does it seem, based on the clothing and life jackets location, that they may have drifted for a while ... maybe were really cold and then they stripped down from hypothermia? Wouldn't that mean that they'll be on the Island - unless they tried to swim.

kennebunkport_kayaks.jpg

I didn't hear about the life jackets. If life jackets were found that would insinuate that they were boating, and yet all the boats are accounted for. :waitasec:

I'm wary of this clothing discovery, that was so easily identified as belonging to one/both of these guys based on a name being written in something.

If I wanted to throw an investigation off, I'd think throwing an object in a random, unrelated location after carefully labeling it with the name of the missing person would be a fine start.

I don't know why I'm so skeptical of this situation, it seems obvious what happened but it doesn't feel right to me.

You aren't the only one who's hinky meter is going off. Like I said in the post above, why would there be life jackets?

I would imagine that the Kennebunkport PD has little experience with murders. If this is in fact murder. JMO

I don't find anything odd about the roommates not calling LE. They are young men - they don't think like we do. When I was younger I would never think of calling LE if my roommate didn't show up for a couple of days (I am female and have had both male/female roommates) - I would just assume he/she went off and did something. Unless there was evidence of a crime (which we don't think there was in this situation), I assume they just shluffed (sp?) it off.

I'm not criticizing you, I'm just playing off your theory.

I would believe that to be true if the car hadn't been left there. As I understand it only one of the kids had a car. The car was there for two days and the kids weren't seen. I may not have called the cops, but I most likely would have called my parents to ask what they thought I should do. JMO

I didn't hear about the life jackets. If life jackets were found that would insinuate that they were boating, and yet all the boats are accounted for. :waitasec:

You aren't the only one who's hinky meter is going off. Like I said in the post above, why would there be life jackets?

I would imagine that the Kennebunkport PD has little experience with murders. If this is in fact murder. JMO

If they were drunk and impulsive and ended up in the water, would they really have had and used the foresight to bring/wear lifejackets?

that makes me feel like an idiot, even trying to believe that.

I can definitely see your point of view. My own is based on the fact that the roommate saw them drinking at midnight and then at 4am saw they weren't there. Then they never came back, but the only car between them was left in the driveway, and their wallets, cellphones, and all other belongings were also left behind.

How far would they really get without wallets and phones and.. um.. a car?

I'm not criticizing you, I'm just playing off your theory.

I would believe that to be true if the car hadn't been left there. As I understand it only one of the kids had a car. The car was there for two days and the kids weren't seen. I may not have called the cops, but I most likely would have called my parents to ask what they thought I should do. JMO

well, your O is JMO as well! besides the car, the wallets and phones were also left behind as per an article I read last night, probably linked from here originally.

If you don't have a car to drive, and it's below freezing out overnight, and you have no wallet to pay for a cab/bus, and you have no phone to call anyone for a ride.... then how far do you get, and why don't you ever contact someone?

And if you're THAT drunk and unthinking, would you really go into the water (yes) WITH A LIFEJACKET ALONG (probably not).

just doesn't feel right to me.

well, your O is JMO as well! besides the car, the wallets and phones were also left behind as per an article I read last night, probably linked from here originally.

If you don't have a car to drive, and it's below freezing out overnight, and you have no wallet to pay for a cab/bus, and you have no phone to call anyone for a ride.... then how far do you get, and why don't you ever contact someone?

And if you're THAT drunk and unthinking, would you really go into the water (yes) WITH A LIFEJACKET ALONG (probably not).

I tend to think there may have been more to this story, too...

but for the sake of covering all angles...

Perhaps the young men were of sober enough mind to take life jackets originally...

But brought some "anti-freeze" (beer/alcohol) with them and continued to get more inebriated.... Thus making even more risk-taking decisions?

Just some thoughts...

Agree. Everything was left behind and the biggest factor for me is that no boat of any kind has been found nor reported missing. All the clothing was found together...and speculates of them stripping down to their skivvies. None of it makes sense to me. Even if they stripped down in thinking they could swim back wouldn't they still had used the life-jackets?

I'm worried the storm yesterday may have driven them further out to sea, but I"m not a nautical person and have no clue. ??? It wasn't low tide right? So the idea of them walking to any island would be impossible.

From article; was ALL the footwear found? This article states the house again was the last sighting of them.

Nichols said the marine patrol found the two life jackets, a jacket, a sweatshirt, two pairs of jeans and footwear on Goat Island, but he couldn't say whether the clothing was found in a pile or spread across a wider area. "I don't have any more information on the exact location or condition of the clothing," he said.
The clothing was found together and one item had signs that it is connected to one of the men, Sanford said.

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121227/NEWS/212270336

I'd sure like to know if the roommates called anyone at all in trying to locate them, but I don't think we are going to get very much info from anyone in this case. JMO

Will we be seeing lawyers being sought next? I pray not.

Honestly, I think it all depends on the people re: life ackets.

My brother was a bit of a partier in college, or at least his friends were. They were also students in the Outdoor Adventure program, training to run outdoor wilderness companies, ski hills, scuba diving, canoeing, white water kayaking,etc.etc.

I remember hearing about(and being a witness to some) many a drunken idea, in all cases the idea itself was terrible, but their experience was still there enough to tell them to be safe and they always used safety equipment.

It also would not have been strange for a car to be left behind, posessions maybe but honestly even that would not have phased them.

Now me on the other hand? If my roommate wasn't around the next mroning I'd be panicking, and certainly if all her posessions had been there I'd be calling someone, but that is because of who she is.

If I came home and my brother was gone, with his wallet, and vehicle, phone,etc. still around? I'd assume he was out on the water, got some hairbrained idea to climb a mountain somewhere, was wake boarding, or was off on some adventure. Thats just who he was. It would have taken quite a while for me to call. (Thankfully nowadays he's settled with 2 babies and doesn't get himself into those situations anymore!)

Honestly, I think it all depends on the people re: life ackets.

My brother was a bit of a partier in college, or at least his friends were. They were also students in the Outdoor Adventure program, training to run outdoor wilderness companies, ski hills, scuba diving, canoeing, white water kayaking,etc.etc.

I remember hearing about(and being a witness to some) many a drunken idea, in all cases the idea itself was terrible, but their experience was still there enough to tell them to be safe and they always used safety equipment. <sbm>

Thank you for this. It occurs to me that as students of a BOAT BUILDING SCHOOL, they would likely take life jackets with them when on drunken "auto-pilot".. but may NOT have been of sound enough mind to put them on/properly/whatever.

Great point well taken!

Thank you for this. It occurs to me that as students of a BOAT BUILDING SCHOOL, they would likely take life jackets with them when on drunken "auto-pilot".. but may NOT have been of sound enough mind to put them on/properly/whatever.

Great point well taken!

Good point
Also, many "regular" boaters I know,especially young guys will grab a life jacket out of "autoplot"(good word choice) but often won't use it, and will sit on it, or put it in the bottom of the boat. No one really thinks they are going to need it, or not have time to put it on in an emegency.

I also wonder if because they know the area they know if there are any abandoned canoes/kayaks laying about? Here you will see them tied at many inlets. With the holidays I wouldn't be surprised if a boat is also missing. When LE says all boats are accounted for, are they speaking ONLY of the school or of the whole place I wonder?

Also could they have a wake or paddle board,etc.?

I suppose it's possible that two kayaks are missing from somewhere, but perhaps it hasn't been reported yet for one reason or another (eg: vacation)

"Dive teams will go into the water around Goat Island where two life jackets, Two pairs of jeans, Some footwear, And a jacket thought to belong to the men were found."

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/225849/2/Search-resumes-Wednesday-for-missing-students

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back