Meagan Leigh McCraw Coxie, 25 & Johnny Joe Coxie, 29 (both deceased)

Discussion in 'Todd Kohlhepp' started by tlcya, Nov 9, 2016.

1. tlcya

tlcya Old and Tired Websleuth

Meagan Coxie, 25 of Shalann Drive and her husband, Johnny Coxie, 29, of the same address were believed to have been killed late last year, Clevenger said. Both had gunshot wounds but were clothed, he said. She was shot in the head and he was shot in the torso, Clevenger said. They were identified with the help of extensive tattoos, he said.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...tities-2-bodies-found-kohlhepp-land/93546930/

http://bailbondcity.com/south_carolina/spartanburg-inmate-MCCRAW/15-13129

https://www.facebook.com/meaganjohnny.coxie

2. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

Thank you, tlcya.

3. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

Thank you for another thread. Their poor children.

RIP Meagan and Johnny. :rose:

4. tlcya

tlcya Old and Tired Websleuth

[FONT=&quot]The victims were married and from Spartanburg.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]They have been buried for at least 11 months.

http://wjbf.com/2016/11/09/coroner-ids-2-bodies-found-on-kohlhepp-property/

Deputies says Kohlhepp called them by name.

http://wspa.com/2016/11/09/live-coroner-identifies-2-bodies-found-on-kohlhepp-property/

[/FONT]

Police blotter:

Wednesday
    Posted Sep 23, 2009 at 12:01 AM

Johnny Joe Coxie, 22, of 1900 McKelvey Road, Fountain Inn, on Tuesday was arrested and cited with child endangerment, driving under the influence, possession of drug paraphernalia and open container.

http://www.goupstate.com/news/20090923/police-blotter-man-faces-multiple-robbery-charges

5. Limecat

Limecat Lime + Cat = Limecat

I have a question. Well, I have many questions but I'll start with this. Can any of you, my fellow WSer's, recall serial killers who targeted couples? I know him killing the males may simply be to eliminate the obstacles to the females he wanted to victimize, but it just seems so different to me.

TIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. JWowwD

JWowwD Member

http://www.goupstate.com/news/20090923/police-blotter-man-faces-multiple-robbery-charges

Child endangerment, driving under the influence, possession of drug paraphernalia and open container

Johnny Joe Coxie, 22, of 1900 McKelvey Road, Fountain Inn, on Tuesday was arrested and cited with child endangerment, driving under the influence, possession of drug paraphernalia and open container.

A deputy stopped Coxie at about 12:40 a.m. after observing a vehicle traveling the wrong way on South Church Street. The deputy reported the vehicle crossed the median once the driver saw the patrol car. A search of the vehicle resulted in the finding of a glass pipe and an open beer can. The front passenger, Meghan Leigh McCraw, 18, of 119 Montgomery St., Roebuck, and Coxie each claimed the beer and paraphernalia, according to the incident report. McCraw was charged with possession of a beer by a minor, open container and possession of drug paraphernalia. According to the report, Coxie and McCraw each had a child riding in the car.

7. mocity

mocity Verified family -Cheryl Henry & Andy Atkinson case

8. stillwatersc

stillwatersc Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. Foxfire

Foxfire New Member

The BBM is not a good sign, imo...

http://wspa.com/2016/11/09/live-coroner-identifies-2-bodies-found-on-kohlhepp-property/

<snipped & BBM for Focus>

THE VICTIMS

· Meagan Leigh McCraw / Coxie, 25 -preliminary cause of death is gunshot wound to the head

&middot Johnny Joe Coxie, 29 &#8211; preliminary cause of death is gunshot wound to the torso.

They have been buried for at least 11 months.

More testing will be performed. The coroner says not all of their bodies were recovered.

10. SweetCaroline

SweetCaroline Active Member

They had a brand new baby. How sad.

I wonder if his MO is offering odd jobs to young couples who are in bad situations.

11. SweetCaroline

SweetCaroline Active Member

Chilling.

12. Elley Mae

Elley Mae Well-Known Member

Animals?

13. StarryNight

StarryNight Well-Known Member

Bringing over the link that I posted in the other thread. Meagan was arrested after her baby tested positive for heroin. The article is dated 12/18/2015. We know that TK seemed to have a lot of disdain for drug users/dealers, based off of one of his posts on social media.

http://www.goupstate.com/news/20151...rged-after-newborn-tested-positive-for-heroin

14. Suglo

Suglo Well-Known Member

So they also went missing right before a major holiday - Christmas. RIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. mocity

mocity Verified family -Cheryl Henry & Andy Atkinson case

Sad. JC's sister has been posting that he is missing................

16. LozDa

LozDa New Member

I would hazard that the job offer isn't actually a thing. I think it's drugs.

The sheriff said that KB and CDC were up to some things that weren't legal.

I would assume the lure to his place is drugs. And it's a pretty good lure because couples aren't going to tell others that they're off somewhere to organise a drug deal of some kind. So they just vanish...

All MOO.

17. soanyway

soanyway Active Member

That was the first thing I thought, IMO the holidays were definitely a troubling time for TK. If she was incarcerated till 12-18, I think the article referencing at least 11 months buried is a little off. But if he killed them right away, hopefully there was not a longer captivity involved. I'm still perplexed on how they could identify the tattoos and yet not have recovered all of their remains. Also, not sure what to make with MM being shot in the head and JC shot in the torso (CDC in his upper extremities, IIRC). Did he want the men to suffer more?

18. folieadeuxnola

folieadeuxnola 70's-80's Jane Doe's

Anyone else recall 2 goats that were removed from the property? Unsure the reason for it, they may have been aggressive or needed medical attention.
    The 1st thought in my head was Kylr Yust statement "pigs eat bones"

19. BlkMtnGirl

BlkMtnGirl Well-Known Member

When reading accounts about the Superbike murders, I got the vague impression that the bodies (or at least one) had been mutilated in a particular way but that LE hadn't released the info. That way, if a killer came forward, those details would confirm that the killer was there. Sorry to be so graphic, but I wonder if the genitalia of the Coxie couple were removed. We do know that TK was obsessed with sex from a young age. Just my random thoughts.

20. appaloosa1224

appaloosa1224 New Member

I wonder if the head of JC was missing, therefore they can only determine gunshots to the torso. I believe he said they only had dentals on one set of remains, and that may explain that as well.