Media Interviews with Case Players (SA/DT) ***Merged**

I don't want to believe that either and I would hope that's not true. I think every case is different but in this case there was a chance that it was an accident. I think that was the key. I think that the defense was smart to bring up the accident because it gave them another theory to go with. I think this stinks and I really really really hoped that she would have been found guilty and I'm so sick at the thought that she is going to go free.

But then they would have at least found her guilty of manslaughter!

Ok it's probably poor taste to link to my own thread but Russell mentioned that he didn't believe the smell in the trunk partly because all of the law enforcement who came to the house that night didn't smell anything.

Here's what I heard:

VP: Do you believe Caylee Anthony's remains were in Casey's car in the trunk?
RH: I had a hard time believing that, especially with just, you know, the one hair being found, uh, I don't think there was the evidence of the chloroform, you know, we really, I, I meant to say I personally I didn't buy it, because I thought there was such so low levels, that it could have been attributed, you know, to possibly cleaning products, uhn and then with the one hair. And then, they showed us a picture of a stain, I didn't see a picture of a stain, that could have been, you know, decomposing material. Um, getting back with George, if George was...
VP: How about...
RH: You know, with him being an ex-police officer, if he would have smelled a decomposing body when they picked up the car from the, from the uh, tow yard, you know, why didn't he, why didn't the tow driver call law enforcement right away? Why did they take the vehicle home and try to clean it?
VP: So you, here's a question Russ, (fumbling) so you think all of the people that smelled the smell of death, because it was a big part of the case, you did not find their testimony credible, any of them?
RH: Well you gotta remember, a number of law enforcement officers responded on July the 15th and none of them smelled the odor.

(bolding mine)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143062"]Jose's Who Smelled What Chart[/ame]

Jose spun that list out of the air, after admonishing them to use the actual evidence. The jury did not remember the testimony of those witnesses, or at least Russ didn't. ALL of the LE smelled something that night except one.

This troubles me, as well as use of the word "we". :(

I am trying to recall this incident....

Early in the trial, after a recess, HHJP read a question he stated he received from the jury....

I am not recalling WHAT the question was, but at the time, it concerned a LOT of people because the way the question was phrased insinuated that the jurors MUST be talking about case amongst themselves...and there were concerns it might cause a mistrial....

Does anyone recall this incident and what the "question" was?

I haven't been able to see if this has been responded to because I keep timing out, so apologies if so.

But, I believe this was in relation to passing around the heart sticker. IIRC, there was a bit of buzz about them asking to see it because it would imply they had been talking amongst themselves about evidence.

How does he think Caylee's body got to the swamp, if it wasn't in the car?

Nothing he said made sense. I hope that he's not speaking for the jury, but I think he probably is.

Exactly! Do they think George moved the body in another car? None of the other cars in the family have a strong odor in it. He also said to Vinny that there were several police officers there on July 16 that did not smell the odor. But what about the fact that people testified they could smell the death odor 2 years later!

As for George not reporting it - I can understand that. He smells the odor and is relieved to see that it is not his daughter or grand daughter and he doesn't call LE because he tells himself he must not have smelled what he thought he smelled. He didn't want to believe it. And if he mentioned it to Cindy, he probably would have been told he was being negative.

Agreed, but there is duct tape. And again, the Laci Peterson case had far far less evidence of cause of death. I just don't want to believe that if you hide a body long enough that our society is so overwhelmed by CSI/forensic needs that we cannot convict on circumstantial evidence. Thanks for responding. I respect your response.

CSI/Forensic evidence IS circumstantial evidence. The ONLY evidence that is considered direct evidence is eye witness testimony and/or video taped evidence of the crime being committed.

How many people agree that the next "Hills have eyes" movie should be filmed in Pinellas County?

Or maybe a remake of "the Peacock Family" episode from the old X-Files tv show?

Didn't believe sexual abuse. Didn't believe a body in the car. If there was a smell then GA or tow guy should have called LE right away. Family dysfunction. Tape was from the bag they buried Caylee in, buried her like a family pet.

No one could tell them how Caylee died. That was a main factor for him. understood ICA not testifying.

I missed if he said anything about Chloroform.

:eek:

My jaw dropped open reading this. Were they not at the same trial we watched?

This is beyond insane. How naive are they? Did they not listen to the prosecutors AT ALL?

I'm more shocked then I was this afternoon. Did they not listen to the 911 tapes, the jailhouse phone call, see the jailhouse videos? WTH?

Exactly! Do they think George moved the body in another car? None of the other cars in the family have a strong odor in it. He also said to Vinny that there were several police officers there on July 16 that did not smell the odor. But what about the fact that people testified they could smell the death odor 2 years later!

As for George not reporting it - I can understand that. He smells the odor and is relieved to see that it is not his daughter or grand daughter and he doesn't call LE because he tells himself he must not have smelled what he thought he smelled. He didn't want to believe it. And if he mentioned it to Cindy, he probably would have been told he was being negative.

I agree. George was probably relieved. But I also think that he probably thought that Casey had gotten mixed up in something that led to a dead body (that wasn't Caylee) being in that car. I think that's the real reason he didn't call 911, and I think that's why he called Lee and said Casey's in trouble. If the Anthonys hadn't lied so much, this case really would have been different.

I Cannot Believe These Jurors, So The Cadaver Dogs Just Hit On Trash In The Trunk..... IMO These Jurors Havent Listened To Any Of The Science In This Case...
I feel So Sick To My stomach,
To Only Convict Her For Lying To The LE

CSI/Forensic evidence IS circumstantial evidence. The ONLY evidence that is considered direct evidence is eye witness testimony and/or video taped evidence of the crime being committed.

THANK YOU Steft! I post this all the time because people don't understand direct vs. circumstantial. Include in your list a confession by the perp. That is also considered "direct" evidence. Everything else, by definition is "circumstantial evidence." This includes blood, DNA, fingerprints, footprints...everything else!

:banghead:

So the non action of GA for not calling about the smell in the car trumps the non calling of KC about the accidental drowning of an innocent 2 year old baby?

The Magnets and the Jpad, Kindergärtner stuff is all they could understand!!!

Anything above a 10th grade level they through out because they couldn't understand it....

HHBP should not have disallowed the odor of the cans. He'll have to live with that. mo

These jurors are just beginning their nightmare, when they are faced with the full facts... ugh. :tsktsk:

I really do not expect this jury to ever fully comprehend what they have failed to do..........:banghead:

Does anyone think that one of the reasons the jury didn't give out interviews is because they wanna get their stories straight and make sure they don't give away the fact they have discussed this prior to deliberation? Would they be smart enough to realize they would be in deep doodoo?

But then they would have at least found her guilty of manslaughter!

I thought they would find her guilty of manslaugher and was surprised they didn't. I'm guessing they believed the accident and that she had nothing to do with it. :banghead:

Didn't believe sexual abuse. Didn't believe a body in the car. If there was a smell then GA or tow guy should have called LE right away. Family dysfunction. Tape was from the bag they buried Caylee in, buried her like a family pet.

No one could tell them how Caylee died. That was a main factor for him. understood ICA not testifying.

I missed if he said anything about Chloroform.

The thing that drives me crazy is their "reasoning" (in their case, I HAVE to put the word in quotes, because I don't think they CAN reason) are so absurd. The Medical Examiner AND the Prosecution DID SHOW them how she died - MURDER.

Ok it's probably poor taste to link to my own thread but Russell mentioned that he didn't believe the smell in the trunk partly because all of the law enforcement who came to the house that night didn't smell anything.

Here's what I heard:

VP: Do you believe Caylee Anthony's remains were in Casey's car in the trunk?
RH: I had a hard time believing that, especially with just, you know, the one hair being found, uh, I don't think there was the evidence of the chloroform, you know, we really, I, I meant to say I personally I didn't buy it, because I thought there was such so low levels, that it could have been attributed, you know, to possibly cleaning products, uhn and then with the one hair. And then, they showed us a picture of a stain, I didn't see a picture of a stain, that could have been, you know, decomposing material. Um, getting back with George, if George was...
VP: How about...
RH: You know, with him being an ex-police officer, if he would have smelled a decomposing body when they picked up the car from the, from the uh, tow yard, you know, why didn't he, why didn't the tow driver call law enforcement right away? Why did they take the vehicle home and try to clean it?
VP: So you, here's a question Russ, (fumbling) so you think all of the people that smelled the smell of death, because it was a big part of the case, you did not find their testimony credible, any of them?
RH: Well you gotta remember, a number of law enforcement officers responded on July the 15th and none of them smelled the odor.

(bolding mine)

Jose's Who Smelled What Chart

Jose spun that list out of the air, after admonishing them to use the actual evidence. The jury did not remember the testimony of those witnesses, or at least Russ didn't. ALL of the LE smelled something that night except one.

This troubles me, as well as use of the word "we". :(

Very sad that as hard as they worked....LE is gonna take the blame for a lot of what went wrong..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back