Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C - Media links only *NO DISCUSSION*

Cheating husband finally admits killing his wife six years after dumping her semi-naked body in a drainage ditch and telling police she never returned from a jog

An adulterous husband has admitted killing his wife six years after he dumped her body dressed only in a bra into a drainage ditch before telling police she had just never returned from a jog.

Brad Cooper said 'yes' when a judge asked him if he had killed mother-of-two Nancy and hid her body on a construction site in Cary, North Carolina in 2008.

According to prosecutors Cooper, now 40, was having an affair with several women, including a neighbor, at the time while his wife was 'trying to get out of the marriage' and return to her native Canada.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ce-just-never-returned-jog.html#ixzz3EA6KUtTL

Brad Cooper pleads guilty to second-degree murder; gets at least 12 years in prison

RALEIGH — The family of Nancy Cooper wanted to hear Brad Cooper say it.

They wanted him to acknowledge that he killed his wife of seven years, the mother of his daughters, Katie, now 8, and Bella, 10.

On Monday, as part of a plea deal worked out between Wake County prosecutors and defense attorney James Freeman, Bradley Graham Cooper, 40, uttered a quiet “yes” that spoke volumes for a family seeking closure.

Cooper, who had maintained for six years that he was not guilty of first-degree murder in the July 2008 death of his wife, pleaded guilty on Monday to second-degree murder, avoiding a second trial in the case.

The former Cisco employee hesitated initially when Judge Paul Gessner asked him as part of the plea proceedings: “Did you, in fact, kill Nancy Cooper and dump her body on Fielding Drive?”

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/09...er-pleads-guilty-to-second.html#storylink=cpy

Local News

Brad Cooper completes prison sentence for wife's murder, will be deported
Posted November 15, 2020 10:58 a.m. EST
Updated November 24, 2020 6:29 p.m. EST
By Matthew Burns, WRAL.com senior producer/politics editor

Raleigh, N.C. — Twelve years after a Cary woman was found dead, her husband walked out of prison Monday.

Brad Cooper was released from Mountain View Correctional Institution, in Spruce Pine, according to the state Department of Public Safety. Authorities said U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement would take him into custody to begin the process of deporting him to Canada.
[...]
While awaiting retrial, Brad Cooper pleaded guilty in September 2014 to second-degree murder and was sentenced to 12 to 15 years in prison, including credit for time served before his trial.

Intertwined with the criminal case, Brad Cooper fought with Nancy Cooper's family for custody of the couple's two daughters. His guilty plea cleared the way for Nancy Cooper's twin sister to adopt the two girls, who now live in Canada with the rest of her family.

Cooper isn't allowed to contact his daughters, who are now 16 and 14.

More here:
Brad Cooper completes prison sentence for wife's murder, will be deported :: WRAL.com

Last edited:
I'm not sure that pleading guilty to a crime you didn't commit is lucky. Depends on your interpretation of the evidence.

I'm not sure that pleading guilty to a crime you didn't commit is lucky. Depends on your interpretation of the evidence.
Well, I followed it very closely and believe he killed Nancy. However, everybody deserves a just and accurate trial. Since there were issues with the evidence in the trial, he was able to redeem a golden ticket to freedom. Not too shabby to spend a dozen or so years in prison for killing your wife and get out when you’re relatively young by pleading guilty to a crime that you’ve received a life sentence for previously. So to me, that’s a lucky break. Imo

Looks like, as of today, Brad Cooper is still in custody of ICE in Stewart, GA. So it’s been four months since his release from prison in North Carolina. Anyone have any idea why he is still in custody of ICE?

Oh, my, he's having to wait. Such a pity for him.

Yes, indeed, @StJohn, he is in Georgia, USA.
------------------------------------------------------
Source:
https://locator.ice.gov/odls/#/results

Report Crimes: Email or Call 1-866-DHS-2-ICE

Search Results: 1
BRADLEY GRAHAM COOPER
Country of Birth: Canada
State: GA
Current Detention Facility: STEWART DETENTION CENTER
* Click on the Detention Facility name to obtain facility contact information

Oh, my, he's having to wait. Such a pity for him.

Yes, indeed, @StJohn, he is in Georgia, USA.
Source:

Report Crimes: Email or Call 1-866-DHS-2-ICE

BRADLEY GRAHAM COOPER
That’s quite interesting. I wonder if it’s COVID related. You’d think US would want him gone. That’s a bummer, to be let out of prison and get stuck in another form of lock up.

That’s quite interesting. I wonder if it’s COVID related. You’d think US would want him gone. That’s a bummer, to be let out of prison and get stuck in another form of lock up.

Hmmm, I hadn't thought about COVID...why, I have no idea -- I (like all of us) am reminded of it day & night. That could indeed be the reason. I wonder if Canada is not allowing it -- but he is still a Canadian native and citizen, AFAIK.
Interesting thought -- thanks.

Hmmm, I hadn't thought about COVID...why, I have no idea -- I (like all of us) am reminded of it day & night. That could indeed be the reason. I wonder if Canada is not allowing it -- but he is still a Canadian native and citizen, AFAIK.
Interesting thought -- thanks.
Well, it seems like COVID is the reason for everything delay-related these days. :)

I just found this from US Immigration and Customs Enforcement:

BRADLEY GRAHAM COOPER

---------------------------------------------
Detention Information For:

BRADLEY GRAHAM COOPER

Current Detention Facility:

STEWART DETENTION CENTER

146 CCA ROAD

LUMPKIN, GA 31815

Visitor Information: (229) 838-5000

-----------------------------------------
https://locator.ice.gov/odls/#/details

I just found this from US Immigration and Customs Enforcement:

BRADLEY GRAHAM COOPER

Detention Information For:

BRADLEY GRAHAM COOPER

Current Detention Facility:

STEWART DETENTION CENTER

146 CCA ROAD

LUMPKIN, GA 31815

Visitor Information: (229) 838-5000

https://locator.ice.gov/odls/#/details
Ah ok, I must not have searched properly. Thank you.
Will never get over the amount of time he did for a premeditated murder. Just sick.

Ah ok, I must not have searched properly. Thank you.
Will never get over the amount of time he did for a premeditated murder. Just sick.
Right there with ya, @Marysmith.
In exchange for the lesser sentence, he did have to confess that he murdered her - :D - so at least that is on record. Still, it was a helluva good deal for him.

Wishing they would ship his sorry self on up to Canada -- I'm tired of paying taxes to give him free clothing, room, board, medical attention when needed, and free air to breathe.
I guess that about does it for now...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88