Media Links Only- **NO DISCUSSION**

Rafferty lawyer asks public to keep 'open mind'
November 12, 2009
Updated 31 mins ago
<snipped>
Appearing by video from the Chatham Jail, Rafferty, 28, was quiet during his few moments in court, speaking only when asked to confirm his name. Assistant Crown attorney Michael Carnegie told the court that arrangements for preliminary hearing dates would be made in the near future.

With another "pre-trial discussion" scheduled for Dec. 4, the case was adjourned until Dec. 18 to allow for continued disclosure of evidence.

Terri-Lynn McClintic, the 19-year-old woman also accused of Tori Stafford's murder, is next scheduled to appear in court on Nov. 27.

Article:
http://www.oxfordreview.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2173170

Donations in Tori's memory reach $42,000
Updated: Thu Oct. 29 2009 9:41:37 PM
<snipped>
Child Find Ontario says money raised in memory of Victoria Stafford, including from her father Rodney Stafford's bike ride, reached more than $40,000.

The group's executive director, John Durant, says the total was $42,687.78, adding the money raised by the "Kilometres for Kids" ride and donations made in Tori's name will be put to good use.

Article:
http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...donations_091029/20091029/?hub=TorontoNewHome
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tori's father donates thousands to Child Find
Last Updated: 30th October 2009, 1:55pm
<snipped>
When Rodney Stafford presented the cheque to the directors of Child Find Ontario yesterday, they responded with astonished gratitude.

The amount of money he raised -- $46,687.78 -- was simply overwhelming to the child-safety advocacy group.

The money raised during Stafford's trip came from all over the world, with donations and encouragement pouring in from the United States and even Europe.

Even with the ride over, donations are still arriving. Following their visit to Woodstock, the Child Find directors travelled to Ingersoll to pick up a $2,300 cheque from a recent fundraising dance.

Article:
http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2009/10/30/11574716-sun.html
'Keep open mind' about Tori accused
Last Updated: 13th November 2009, 5:07am
<snipped>
Following a brief court appearance by Michael Rafferty, lawyer Laura Giordano said the public needed "to keep an open mind" about her client.

Appearing by video from the Chatham Jail, Rafferty, 28, was quiet during his few moments in court, speaking only when asked to confirm his name. Assistant Crown attorney Michael Carnegie told the court that arrangements for preliminary hearing dates would be made in the near future.

With another "pre-trial discussion" scheduled for Dec. 4, the case was adjourned until Dec. 18 to allow for continued disclosure of evidence.

Article:
http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2009/11/13/11732086-sun.html
Police make donation in Tori's memory
Standing in front of a portrait of his daughter, Rodney Stafford presents the police donation to Terry Smith, the assistant director of Child Find Ontario.
November 13, 2009
<snipped>
Standing in front of a portrait of his "angel," Rodney Stafford accepted the police donation to Child Find Ontario with a grateful smile.

"Thank you," he said during the presentation at Woodstock's former John Deere plant. "I definitely can't say thank you enough."

Raised through donations from OPP officers across the province and their Woodstock Police Service colleagues, the $3,724.50 donation to the not-for-profit Child Find Ontario brought the total raised through Stafford's Kilometres for Kids to more than $50,000.

Stafford also hinted that something was in the works for next summer.

"It means more than I can actually say," Smith said. "What Rodney has done &#8212; has been able to accomplish for Child Find &#8230; is phenomenal.

stafford%20donation.jpg

Article:
http://woodstocksentinelreview.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2175286

McClintic back in court Dec. 16
November 27, 2009
<snipped>
Terri-Lynne McClintic spoke briefly by phone with Woodstock lawyer Michellene Beauchamp, who represented McClinic's lawyer Jeanine LeRoy, who was unable to attend the appearance.

"I have had ongoing discussions with Miss LeRoy about this matter," said Crown Attorney Geoff Beasley. "There have been ongoing discussions in respect to the massive disclosure."

In August LeRoy told the Sentinel-Review the Crown had already provided her with the equivalent of a computer hard drive of evidence.

Article:
http://www.oxfordreview.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2196413
Tori Stafford case put over to Dec. 16
Published On Fri Nov 27 2009
<snipped>
Terri-Lynne McClintic, 19, appeared via video from the London-Middlesex Detention Centre to have her case put over until Dec. 16.

Her co-accused, Michael Rafferty, 29, will also make his next appearance the same week, on Dec. 18.

Article:
http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario/article/731672--tori-stafford-case-put-over-to-dec-16

McClintic in court to set trial dates
Waves preliminary hearing
December 16, 2009
<snipped>
trial process.

McClintic waived her right for a preliminary hearing, agreeing to go directly to trial.

Justice Marietta Roberts informed McClintic that on March 12, 2010 at 10 a.m. McClinic will make an appearance in assignment court in Superior Court to set future dates.

The trial will be held in front of a judge and jury.

Article:
http://www.oxfordreview.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2224441
Tori murder suspect waives right to preliminary trial
Updated: Wed Dec. 16 2009 11:39:47 AM
<snipped>
McClintic is one of two people charged with first-degree murder and kidnapping in connection with the child's death. McClintic's former boyfriend Michael Rafferty has said he will plead not guilty to the charges.

Jeanine LeRoy, the lawyer representing the teenaged girl, said her client made the decision because she is "mentally ready to deal with the matter."

Her trial date is expected to be set on March 12.

Terri-Lynn McClintic is taken into police custody on May 20, 2009.
ImageShrinker

Article:
http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...ri_murder_091216/20091216/?hub=TorontoNewHome
Top videos on lfpress.com
Last Updated: 16th December 2009, 1:27pm
<snipped>
1. The Tori Stafford tragedy Videos chronicling the search for the missing Woodstock girl and subsequent arrests in her slaying accounted for a majority of the most viewed videos at lfpress.com. The one from the day the girl's parents aired out their personal grievances at a press conference ranked on top.
*NOTE: Many videos from the case are included in this link!

Article:
http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2009/12/16/12176816.html
Book outrages Tori's family
Release 'could potentially ruin the trial:' Dad
Last Updated: 17th December 2009, 4:23am
<snipped>
With a Christmas bereft of his eight-year-old daughter looming, the timing of the book couldn't be any worse, Stafford said.

"It's getting really hard right now. Christmas was a big thing for Tori," Stafford said. "I am going to do everything I can to get this book out of here."

Tori's mother, Tara McDonald, declined comment.

The book's author, Dianna Holden, broke her media silence yesterday to say she meant no harm to the family.

"I didn't write this to personally attack anybody. I didn't want to re-open a wound."

Holden said she wrote the book to show how speculation fuelled by the media and the Internet complicated the case and may have led to the wrong people being behind bars.

The book, Convicted of Murder and Abduction Online: Based on the True Story of the Abduction and Murder of Victoria Stafford Canada's Angel, can be ordered or downloaded online.

*Much more info at link!

Article:
http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2009/12/17/12184216-sun.html

[Well after sitting here reading almost non stop for several days ...Just found this site a few days ago and it is Sun. Dec.27 2009!..I have read almost all of it....My oldest son came in one morning and said"Mom have you slept tonight....? "You know my answer was NOPE! WOW did this case ever touch my heart! I am a single mom of 2 teenage boys with very little support.So ya Life' s tough sometimes and I understand How Tori's Dad had the determination to turn something horrendous into something really UNBELIEVEABLE!I just finished reading about his bike Journeyand when I saw the sign Ste Salute Marie.....I almost croaked as it is a 10 hour car drive from here!I never realized how far his trip was to Edmonton! I remember the first night she went missing I was sick with a surgical procedure and I had to clean my stomach and I watch CP24 all night! Tears kept appearing and by the end of reading his trip the tears were back!I used to teach children Tori's age!
Well I really want to express my deepest sympathy to the Stafford family! I am sure I will raise quite a few hairs when I say what has been on my mind since April 8 and that was before reading all of the tags on this wonderful site! I found this site by accident during a google search for some info . on what is going on .....?I did that every few weeks...until her body was found on my youngest son's birthday! I still maintain I feel deeply for Tori's Mom....who is to say how ANOTHER MOM "WOULD or Should" behave? I know my reaction would have been more like Tori's Dad but everyone is an INDIVIDUAL...I have had my problems bringing up 2 boys on my own...and 2 kids with severe learning difficulties! Who is to cast a "SHADOW" in this decade on someone who needs pain / pills to surive? I have to inject myself with insulin every day !
Yes I agree her contection to Terri lynn the accused sounds real STRANGE ? I agree the dog connection and her stories changing at times is strange ! LET us all remember though she lost her precious angel..baby girl!!!I do not like all the character discredit that has been dished out ! I will play devil's advict and suppose it comes out in court that the aduction was drug related to oxcytoxin STILL a little girls life was taken away @ not even 9 a grade 3 student ....THK GD for those video camaras across the road! I live in Richmond hill (north)and all the new elementry schools here have them! NO I DO NOT KNOW Michael Rafferty ! I know the high school he went too( not that far away}I know the dating site he was on and it gave me the creeps as it was free and there are lots of strange ones on there!...OMG!
I must mention one VERY important thing for both of those parents and I signed into facebook and sent Tori's aunt a note which I know she probably never recieved..But one of the BEST HEALING BOOKS IS Melody Beatties affirmation book..... "The Language of Letting Go"! It has helped me thru many troubled times being a single mom bringing up my boys from a young age on my own! I guess what I am trying to say to all the other kind SOULS here do not cast stones on someone elses pond unless you have walked thru it! It is so easy to past judgement on others and who are we to do that ! We are all individual Souls on our own JOURNEY in this lifetime! Thanks for letting me express my own ideas on something I feel so deeply about.....Hope not to offend others not my purpose ....but than that is their journey to past judgement! May G_d watch over Tori and her family as they approach COURT...may their higher spirit sounds like from Michael Rafferty's lawyer it might not be til late fall or even...2011 that his trial starts that court room so justice is done here as a child is gone way before her time! ....robynhood

Co-accused in Stafford slaying to plead not guilty, opts for preliminary hearing
Dec 18, 2009
<snipped>
The lawyer for the man charged with first-degree murder and kidnapping in Tori Stafford's slaying says her client will plead not guilty when the case goes to trial.

Attorney Laura Giordano says Michael Rafferty has elected to have a preliminary hearing, which is tentatively scheduled to run from June 21 through July 13.

Rafferty is of two people charged in Stafford's death.

His co-accused, Terri-Lynne McClintic, earlier this week waived her right to a preliminary hearing and chose instead to go straight to trial.

She said a hearing will be held Feb. 17 to confirm the dates for a preliminary hearing.

Article:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5hy_T1wsZ6wpRK_OlXo6t_AGbnEJQ
Female suspect in Tori Stafford killing will go directly to trial
Friday, December 18, 2009
<snipped>
One of the people accused in the disappearance and killing of eight-year-old Tori Stafford earlier this year has waived her right to a preliminary hearing.

Terri-Lynne McClintic, 19, appeared in a Woodstock courtroom Wednesday.

McClintic will go directly to trial, once dates are set at a later court appearance in March.

Terri-Lynne McClintic, 19, (left) is charged with first-degree murder in the death of 8-year-old Tori Stafford (right).
2347777.bin

Article:
http://www.globaltoronto.com/Female...illing+will+directly+trial/2347733/story.html
Preliminary hearing dates set for Stafford accused
COURTS: The lawyer for Michael Rafferty says his client will plead not guilty; his co-accused has opted to go straight to trial
Last Updated: 21st December 2009, 11:46am
<snipped>
With key court dates now set, Southwestern Ontarians could know by summer what may become of two people charged in Victoria Stafford's slaying.

Michael Rafferty appeared via video in Woodstock court yesterday, when Crown Attorney Brian Crockett said a preliminary hearing for the 28-year-old -- charged with murder and kidnapping in the eight-year-old girl's death -- is slated for between June 21 and July 13, 2010.

"Mr. Rafferty is prepared to plead not guilty," said his lawyer, Laura Giordano of the Toronto firm Derstine Penman.

A preliminary hearing is held to determine if there's enough evidence to commit charges to trial.

Giordano, Rafferty's lawyer, yesterday urged the public to remain open-minded as the case wends its way through the courts.

"I would ask the public to be patient," she said. "This will all come out at trial."

Article:
http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2009/12/19/12210651-sun.html

Stafford plans second bike ride in support of Child Find Ontario
Jan 20, 2010 03:41:03 AM
<snipped>
In an effort to attract more attention to Child Find Ontario, Rodney Stafford is planning another bike ride across the country.

He says this time he plans to bring along his 11-year-old son Daryn.

Stafford set out last August on a trip from Woodstock to Edmonton. The next journey would begin in Edmonton in June and end in Woostock.

Stafford's daughter Tori was abducted and murdered last April. Her body was found five months later. Two Woodstock residents have been charged with her murder.

Article:
http://www.570news.com/news/local/a...nd-bike-ride-in-support-of-child-find-ontario

Michael Rafferty remanded after hearing in Stafford murder case
February 17, 2010
<snipped>
A man accused in the abduction and slaying of Woodstock schoolgirl Tori Stafford appeared by video while lawyers discussed legal issues at a closed hearing today.
Michael Rafferty, 29, was remanded in custody until April 23.

The Crown and defence discussed legal issues involving Rafferty in advance of a preliminary hearing.
Late last year, Crown attorney Brian Crockett said a preliminary hearing will be scheduled between June 21 and July 13.

Rafferty's co-accused, 19-year-old Terri-Lynn McClintic, has waived her right to a preliminary hearing. McClintic will go directly to trial once dates are set at a court appearance in March.
Both suspects are charged with first-degree murder and kidnapping in the death of eight-year-old Tori.

Article:
http://www.thespec.com/News/BreakingNews/article/723581

Oxford County : Rafferty Back in Court in April
2010/2/18 6:40:33
<snipped>
The man accused of abduction and first degree murder in the Victoria Stafford case will return to court in April. Media was not allowed in a focus meeting held at a Woodstock courtroom yesterday morning where the Crown and defence discussed legal issues surrounding the case. Rafferty was then remained back into custody until April 23. A preliminary hearing is expected in June or July of this year. Rafferty's co-accused Terri-Lynn McClintic has waived her right to a preliminary hearing and will have a trial date set when she appears in court next month.

433ac1a2-2731-d3e4.jpg

Article:
http://cd989.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=19040

Case of woman charged in Stafford slaying held over
Friday Mar. 12, 2010 11:33 AM ET
<snipped>
The case against one of two people charged in the death of eight-year-old Tori Stafford has been put over to April 16.

Terri-Lynn McClintic, 19, earlier waived her right to a preliminary hearing to allow the case to go directly to trial.

A judicial pretrial, a private meeting between the Crown, defence and the judge, will be held before McClintic's next appearance on the 16th.

McClintic's co-accused, Michael Rafferty, appeared in court last month via video and was ordered remanded in custody until April 23.

Terri-Lynn McClintic is taken into police custody on May 20, 2009.
470_suspect_091216.jpg

Article:
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...0312/stafford_case_100312/20100312?hub=Canada
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Victoria Stafford's parents ready for answers
March 12, 2010
<snipped>
Tara McDonald and Rodney Stafford are ready to hear answers.

The parents of Victoria Stafford said Friday morning that they want the trials of the two people charged with their daughter's murder to start soon. "It's to the point that we're both ready for it, I think," said Rodney Stafford. "It's important to find out a little bit of what is going on," he said.

LeRoy and assistant Crown attorney Geoff Beasley agreed to have the case adjourned to April 16 at 9:30 am.

McDonald, speaking for the first time publicly since her daughter's remains were found last July, said she came to court for the first time Friday to get a feel of what the process will be like. "It's more trying to prepare ourselves for what is ahead of us," she said. "We want to get use to the courtroom setting, having to see them in person or by video camera."

McDonald said her decision to get out of the public eye was made to protect the couple's son Daryn.

Video Included In Article: Victoria Stafford's parents ready for answers 1:27

Article:
http://www.oxfordreview.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2489386
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oxford County : Accused in Stafford Murder Appears in Court
2010/3/12 12:48:48
<snipped>
A judicial pretrial has been set for the woman accused in the kidnapping and murder of Victoria Stafford of Woodstock. Nineteen-year-old Terri-Lynne McClintic is charged with first-degree murder in the death of the 8 year-old, who was abducted in April as she was on her way home from school. The meeting will take place between now and April 16th - her next scheduled court appearance. McClintic's case will go directly to trial after she and her lawyer waived her right to a preliminary hearing. Her co-accused, Michael Rafferty, will appear in court April 23rd.

Article:
http://cd989.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=19279
Tori's parents want to see accused killers
Last Updated: March 12, 2010 1:48pm
<snipped>
The mother of Victoria &#8216;Tori&#8217; Stafford made a surprise appearance at a court hearing Friday for one of the two people accused in the little girl&#8217;s abduction and killing.

Tara McDonald had not spoken to the media since the body of her daughter was found in July and has avoided all court proceedings.

&#8220;We want to get used to the courtroom setting,&#8221; she said outside the courtroom with her former husband, and Tori's father, Rodney Stafford. &#8220;It is trying to prepare ourselves for what we have ahead of us.&#8221; McDonald had expected to see accused Terri-Lynn McClintic appear via video from jail. Instead, London lawyer Jeanine LeRoy appeared on behalf of her client. The proceedings were adjourned until April 16.

McDonald said she wanted to see McClintic by video as a first step to seeing the woman charged with killing her daughter in person. &#8220;So we can have our chance to look at them and not have them looking at us,&#8221; she explained.

But Stafford, who has been to several of the court hearings, said he&#8217;s tired of seeing the accused only by video. &#8220;I kind of wish they were there so they can get a sense of us sitting in the courtroom so they know just exactly what happened and how we feel about it.&#8221;

Article:
http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2010/03/12/13208886.html
Tori Stafford's mother breaks her silence
3/12/10
<snipped>
The mother of Victoria (Tori) Stafford broke her eight-month silence and made a surprise appearance Friday at a court hearing for the woman accused of killing her little girl.

"I just have decided it is time to start coming and prepare for the trials ahead," Tara McDonald said. "It's going to be tough. It's going to take a lot of strength."

But in her typical fiery fashion, McDonald also had a warning for any lawyers hoping to strike a deal for either accused. "I will raise hell. I will round up as many people as I can to raise hell. What kind of deal did my daughter get?"

Both of Tori's parents Friday expressed frustration with the slow process of getting McClintic and co-accused Michael Rafferty to trial. "It's almost a year later and we still don't know anything more than we knew 29 days after she disappeared," Stafford said.

The parents said they were bracing themselves for the year anniversary of Tori's disappearance.

"I am leaving it up to Daryn, (Tori's 12-year-old brother)," McDonald said. "If he wants to go to the cemetery, or look through pictures, it will be his call." Her son has spent the better part of a year trying to come to terms with what happened.

Article:
http://www.theobserver.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2490454

Oxford County : Bike Used In Charity Ride To Raise Additional Funds
2010/3/15
<snipped>
Ahead of another planned charity bicycle ride this summer, Rodney Stafford says the bike he rode last year from Woodstock to Edmonton in memory of daughter Victoria is going the distance - again. The ride was aimed at raising money and awareness for Child Find, who afterward put the bike up for auction to raise additional funds. That bike, which was sold for $2000, has been donated back to the agency with the hopes of it being sold again and again to further raise funds. The proceeds will be divided among the provinces Stafford cycled through - Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta.

Article:
http://cd989.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=19300
Stafford's bicycle sells at auction
3/17/10
<snipped>
Even when he's not on the road, Rodney Stafford's "Kilometres for Kids" is raising money for Child Find.

The most recent addition to the total -- a cheque for $2,000 -- was raised by auctioning the 27-speed "asphalt" bike that he used to cycle the 3,453 kilometres from the parking lot of Calvary Church to Edmonton, Alta. Donated by Hear-Med Inc., Stafford always planned to auction the powder blue Kona Sutra at the conclusion of his epic journey.

Stafford and his son, Daryn, are planning a sequel to the first journey. Kilometres for Kids 2 -- A Sibling's Story is slated to begin near Jasper, Alta., on June 20. The two Stafford men will begin on Whistler's Mountain, the peak that has become symbolic of Tori's memory, and cycle the nearly 3,500 kilometres to Woodstock.

Article:
http://www.oxfordreview.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2495265

Female suspect in Tori Stafford killing will go directly to trial
December 18, 2009
<snipped>
One of the people accused in the disappearance and killing of eight-year-old Tori Stafford earlier this year has waived her right to a preliminary hearing.

Terri-Lynne McClintic, 19, appeared in a Woodstock courtroom Wednesday.

McClintic will go directly to trial, once dates are set at a later court appearance in March.

Article:
http://www.montrealgazette.com/news...illing+will+directly+trial/2347733/story.html
Tori's family says she's 'alive in us now'
Updated: Wed Apr. 07 2010 8:07:36 PM
<snipped>
It was April 8, 2009, when the girl, clad in her Hannah Montana jacket, failed to return home from school in Woodstock, Ont., setting off a desperate search that touched hearts countrywide. It was also likely the same day she was killed, though her remains were not found until more than three months later.

Thursday will be a lot tougher than April 8 last year for her dad, Rodney Stafford. Last April 8 there was hope. "It's actually harder this year than it was last year," he said. "Last year I wanted to get the story out there to bring her home. This year I know she's not coming back."

Holidays and birthdays are especially tough, but the Staffords take care to include Tori. Last Easter she had already been missing for four days and her dad bought her Easter treats to give his "baby girl" upon her return. This year for Easter, the family took some flowers to her grave.

For Halloween, her family brought to her grave a little witch decoration that cackled when the wind blew. It would have made Tori giggle, Graichen said. They visited her on Christmas, too, and her aunt Randi Millen left a candy cane on her grave.

The family tries to focus on the good times and the laughter they shared with Victoria, but they say they can't properly deal with their grief when they have no answers.

Millen, who gave birth to a daughter months after Victoria disappeared, dreams about her niece almost every night and will wake up in a cold sweat after having nightmares about Victoria crying. "I'm having a hard time coping," she said. "I think about her 20, 30 times a day."

Tori's young cousins are having a hard time coming to terms with her death, too. Millen's seven-year-old daughter, who spent a lot of time playing with Tori, has nightmares too, where she sees "bad things happening to Tori," Millen said. "She's afraid of what happened to Tori happening to her," she said.

*More at link!

Doreen Graichen (left) and Randi Millen, Victoria (Tori) Stafford's grandmother and aunt, tie a new bouquet of flowers with a photo of Tori to a pole at Millen's home in Woodstock, Ont., Wednesday, April 7, 2010.
450_cp_stafford_100407.jpg

Article:
http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo..._stafford_100407/20100407/?hub=TorontoNewHome
Dark cloud hangs over Tori's family
One year after daughter's death, mom doesn't think of should-haves

April 8, 2010
<snipped>
How far will she stray into darkness?

What light can guide her back home?

Each and every day for the past 365, Tara McDonald tries to find her way, pulled in opposite directions by the forces of darkness and light.

&#8220;People keep thinking and saying to us... &#8216;I hope you guys are feeling better.&#8217; We&#8217;re not,&#8221; McDonald says.

&#8220;It&#8217;s like this big dark cloud hanging over our future and we can&#8217;t get past it. We don&#8217;t know what&#8217;s past it. We don&#8217;t know what&#8217;s underneath it. We don&#8217;t know what it is going to be like to go through it. We just know that it is there.&#8221;

The last time she saw Tori alive was &#8220;that day.&#8221; There is no need to attach a date to it for Tori&#8217;s family.

She thinks of the day often, but tries to see it in a good light.

&#8220;I never want to think of the could have would have should haves because so many people have said, &#8216;If you had of gone and got your kid that day.&#8217; I can&#8217;t think of that because that would kill ... &#8221; McDonald says.

Instead, she thinks of how good the morning was. Tori was never a morning person and she and her mother often scrapped over what to wear to school, over combing her hair, over putting on lip gloss.

&#8220;It was diva drama queen every morning,&#8221; McDonald says.

&#8220;That morning ... it was a special day because her friends were going to come over after school and watch High School Musical 3. So I let her wear a skirt. I let her wear leotards. I let her wear my headband. I let her wear my earrings. I put my lip gloss on her. There were days often I dolled her up and made her look so cute. She was my little girl.&#8221;

That morning, Tori was at her best, her cutest.

&#8220;I try to look back on that day. I look at it from when she left for school and that&#8217;s it. I don&#8217;t think about... &#8221;

*Much more at link!

Article:
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2010/04/07/13502831-qmi.html
Sad Anniversary For Tori Stafford&#8217;s Family
2010/04/08
<snipped>
Terri-Lynne McClintic and Michael Rafferty are charged with first-degree murder and kidnapping. Investigators haven&#8217;t revealed details of what they believe happened in Tori&#8217;s final hours and those unanswered questions have made it that much harder for her family. "I pray that this eases as time goes by, but not having any answers is the worst," Graichen said. "We don't want to know but we do want to know."

Tori&#8217;s case sparked an overhaul of Ontario&#8217;s Amber Alert program after the Oxford Community Police force came under fire for not issuing the clarion call immediately. The investigators said the case didn&#8217;t fulfill the criteria for an Amber Alert.

Before the changes were implemented, authorities had to confirm a child had been abducted, believe that child was in danger of serious harm or death and have a description of the child and a suspect or vehicle.

Police now only have to believe a child has been abducted and is in danger. They can also issue an alert without descriptions of a suspect or vehicle.

Article:
http://www.citytv.com/toronto/cityn...4--sad-anniversary-for-tori-stafford-s-family
'She's alive in us now,' Victoria Stafford's family says
Thursday, April 8, 2010 | 10:23 AM ET
<snipped>
It has been one year since Victoria "Tori" Stafford's family last held the bright, smiling eight-year-old or saw her trudge off to school with her big brother.

She missed a lot in the past year: two family weddings, a new baby cousin and numerous holidays and milestones when the absence of a loved one is most acutely felt.

Police have been tight-lipped about what they allege happened after Victoria was seen on surveillance video being led away from her school. Her remains were found in July, 2009 north of Guelph, Ont.

The case against McClintic has been held over until April 16. McClintic earlier waived her right to a preliminary hearing to allow the case to go directly to trial.

McClintic's co-accused, Rafferty, appeared in court in February via video link and was ordered remanded in custody until April 23. This year is a lot tougher than April 8 last year, said Victoria's dad, Rodney Stafford.

Stafford and his 11-year-old son Daryn are riding from Edmonton to Woodstock starting on June 20 on a journey they're calling Kilometres for Kids 2: A Sibling's Story. It's the second bike ride to raise money for Child Find Ontario in his daughter's memory.

Article:
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/windsor/story/2010/04/08/toronto-tori-stafford-anniversary.html
Year later, still no answer why Tori Stafford abducted, slain
April 8, 2010
<snipped>
Two Woodstock residents &#8212;Terri-Lynne McClintic and Michael Rafferty &#8212; have since been charged with first-degree murder in the girl's death. The relationship between the accused and Tori, if one exists, has not been established. Their criminal trials have yet to begin.

To Tori's family, the last year, beginning with her disappearance on April 8, 2009, has been a lifetime. "It's hard to explain," said Tori's father, Rodney Stafford, his voice breaking. "Some days it feels like she disappeared just yesterday. Some days, it feels like it was forever ago."

He said one issue is that no one, not even the family, understands why Tori was snatched on her way home after school that day.

No one knows why surveillance video showed the trusting girl walk away hand-in-hand with an unknown woman.

Nor are there answers about why she was killed, or how little Tori ended up in that field, nearly 130 kilometres away from home. "It is still hard, still really hard. We still don't have any answers to anything. Everybody has been really frustrated by it," said Stafford. "We've come to terms about what has happened, that there was nothing we could done about it."

*Much more at link!

Article:
http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/TORI/2777936/story.html

:angel:

Tori's mom frustrated
April 16, 2010 12:13pm
<snipped>
"It is frustrating," Tara McDonald said before a court appearance of Terri-Lynne McClintic. "If she has given up her right to a preliminary hearing let's get the ball rolling."

McClintic's case was adjourned until April 30. Co-accused Michael Rafferty is to make his next court appearance next Friday.

Article:
http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2010/04/16/13610876.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Woman Charged in Stafford Murder Appears In Court
2010/4/16 12:10:00
<snipped>
The lawyer for one of two people charged in the death of Tori Stafford has asked for more time to prepare. 19 year old Terri-Lynne McClintic made a brief court appearance in Woodstock today. McClintic has waived her right to a preliminary hearing and will go straight to trial. She will return to court April 30. The other accused in the crime, Michael Rafferty, returns to court next Friday.

Article:
http://cd989.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=19606
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tori's family return to hometown
April 17, 2010
<snipped>
The mother and brother of a little girl abducted and killed last year have returned to their hometown, after spending months hiding from intense public and media attention. "I'm happy to be home," Tara McDonald said Friday.

McDonald attended a court hearing Friday for Terri-Lynne McClintic, one of the two people accused of abduction and murder.

McClintic did not appear by video or in person Friday, but her lawyer, Jeanine LeRoy, asked the case be adjourned to April 30. Co-accused Michael Rafferty, expected to plead not guilty, next appears in court April 23 with a preliminary hearing possible this summer.

*More at link!

Article:
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2010/04/17/13622686-qmi.html
Father and son looking forward to journey
Kilometres for Kids 2

Updated 3 days ago
<snipped>
The next Kilometres for Kids fundraising journey should bring even more attention to the plight of missing children, a confident Rodney Stafford said Friday.

Stafford, who returned from Alberta last week after a private remembrance on the anniversary of his daughter's disappearance, said the planning for the 2010 trip guarantees the journey will be "bigger and better."

This year, Stafford will be joined on the road by his don Daryn, who turns 12 this weekend. The new Kilometres for Kids journey has been dubbed "A Sibling's Story," and Stafford said his son was looking forward to the shared adventure. "He's got no choice now," Stafford joked. "It's all set. He's very excited."

*More at link!

Article:
http://www.oxfordreview.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2548277
Tori's dad says he'll ensure justice is served
April 23, 2010 11:32am
<snipped>
Speaking outside the Oxford County courthouse after a brief video appearance by Michael Rafferty, the man accused of Tori&#8217;s kidnapping and murder, Rodney Stafford said his daughter deserves no less.

&#8220;Not just for Tori,&#8221; he added, &#8220;but for all the kids.&#8221; Rafferty&#8217;s appearance was simply a formality, allowing his defence lawyer and the Crown attorney to confirm the dates for his preliminary hearing.

Standing in front of a wall at the Chatham Jail, a pale, bearded Rafferty was silent as the two lawyers agreed the hearing would run June 21 to July 13.

Article:
http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2010/04/23/13692861.html
Court appearance for accused in Tori Stafford death
Friday, April 23, 2010
<snipped>
Michael Rafferty made a brief court appearance via video Friday in Woodstock, allowing Crown and defence attorneys to schedule his preliminary hearing from June 21 to July 13.

Rafferty is charged with first-degree murder and kidnapping related to the disappearance of the third-grader. Terri-Lynne McClintic, another resident of Woodstock, also faces the same charges. She's scheduled to make a court appearance on April 30.

Article:
http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=2943352

:angel:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...fford-murder-trial/article1831151/?cmpid=rss1

Court lifts sweeping ban on Victoria Stafford murder trial

A decision made by the Supreme Court of Canada Thursday allows us to report some details of the April trial and conviction of Terri-Lynne McClintic for the murder of Victoria Stafford. This information was covered by a sweeping publication ban until now.

On a cool April afternoon in 2009, Terri-Lynne McClintic approached the first young girl she saw walking toward her from Oliver Stephens public school in Woodstock, Ont.. Striking up a conversation with an outgoing eight-year-old named Victoria Stafford, Ms. McClintic began chatting about Shih Tzu dogs.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Trial in Tori Stafford murder scheduled for Jan. 2012
April 6, 2011

TORONTO — The high-profile trial of a man accused in the 2009 abduction and killing of eight-year-old Victoria "Tori" Stafford from Woodstock, Ont., will start next year.

Crown and defence lawyers met Wednesday in a London, Ont., courthouse to determine the start date — Jan. 16, 2012.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.canada.com/Trial+Tori+Stafford+murder+scheduled+2012/4569107/story.html

Snipped

dynamic_resize

TORONTO - An "abduction-murder" law with a mandatory life sentence and no chance of parole would reduce the number of tragic cases where children are kidnapped and killed, a criminal defence lawyer said Tuesday.

"Tori Stafford didn't need to die," said Robert Geurts, a former Crown attorney for 12 years and a defence lawyer for 10 years.

Stafford was taken from her southwestern Ontario hometown of Woodstock and killed in April 2009.

Terri-Lynne McClintic, 20, pleaded guilty to first-degree murder and received a mandatory life sentence in December for luring the eight-year-old girl, but under the current legislation, McClintic will be eligible for parole in 25 years.

An ironclad life sentence would deter sexual predators and their accomplices from committing these crimes, Geurts said.

http://www.ottawasun.com/news/decision2011/2011/04/12/17970471.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back