Media Report - JANET PREGNANT

BTW, isn't this the same reporter that left a message on Raven's blog right after Janet was murdered?

The name is very familiar to me, and I believe that is one and the same.

After waiting these last few months for just one little tidbit on this case, isn't it interesting that within 48 hours we have TWO major stories breaking.

Emails and pregnancy ... Again, I think LE is sending a message to someone!

SouthEastSleuth said:
I'll have to dig up the statute, but, I'm fairly certain that this past year, in the NC General Assembly, a law was passed - stating something to the effect that if someone murders another person, and IF it's proven that the murderer was AWARE that the victim was pregnant, then the felony class with which the murderer is charged, is automatically increased, ie., if the charge was a lesser homicide charge, then in the scenario described, the homicide charge can automatically be increased to a greater charge. (Hope that makes sense...)

So IF Raven is the perp, and IF Raven knew Janet was pregnant, then WHEN Raven is arrested, he's in even more serious trouble than ever...
Would this be viewed as a capital crime?

Moxie said:
Would this be viewed as a capital crime?
North Carolina, I have learned, is a death penalty state. I don't know what the requirements are to seek the death penalty. I always thought that it was up to the prosecutor's office whether or not to ask for the DP if the charge is going to be murder in the first degree. As far as there being an unborn child involved, I don't know if or how that might change things.

Yes, which could be considered a Capital case if the Murderer knew that Janet was pregnant.

2nutmeg

John 16:33

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

The entire quote as follows:

16"In just a little while I will be gone, and you won't see me anymore. Then, just a little while after that, you will see me again."
17The disciples asked each other, "What does he mean when he says, `You won't see me, and then you will see me'? And what does he mean when he says, `I am going to the Father'? 18And what does he mean by `a little while'? We don't understand."
19Jesus realized they wanted to ask him, so he said, "Are you asking yourselves what I meant? I said in just a little while I will be gone, and you won't see me anymore. Then, just a little while after that, you will see me again. 20Truly, you will weep and mourn over what is going to happen to me, but the world will rejoice. You will grieve, but your grief will suddenly turn to wonderful joy when you see me again. 21It will be like a woman experiencing the pains of labor. When her child is born, her anguish gives place to joy because she has brought a new person into the world. 22You have sorrow now, but I will see you again; then you will rejoice, and no one can rob you of that joy. 23At that time you won't need to ask me for anything. The truth is, you can go directly to the Father and ask him, and he will grant your request because you use my name. 24You haven't done this before. Ask, using my name, and you will receive, and you will have abundant joy.
25"I have spoken of these matters in parables, but the time will come when this will not be necessary, and I will tell you plainly all about the Father. 26Then you will ask in my name. I'm not saying I will ask the Father on your behalf, 27for the Father himself loves you dearly because you love me and believe that I came from God. 28Yes, I came from the Father into the world, and I will leave the world and return to the Father."
29Then his disciples said, "At last you are speaking plainly and not in parables. 30Now we understand that you know everything and don't need anyone to tell you anything. From this we believe that you came from God."
31Jesus asked, "Do you finally believe? 32But the time is coming--in fact, it is already here--when you will be scattered, each one going his own way, leaving me alone. Yet I am not alone because the Father is with me. 33I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

golfmom said:
After waiting these last few months for just one little tidbit on this case, isn't it interesting that within 48 hours we have TWO major stories breaking.

Truly interesting GM. For months, LE has been so "tightlipped," (a word I've come to detest actually! LOL). And now in a period of two days, two major stories come out...

If it's a message, then it should be being heard loud and clear at this point...to anyone with any interest in this case, etc.!!

Makes me wonder - will each day now bring more news???????

golfmom said:

Emails & Pregnancy, I am really wondering what is next, what is going to be out there tomorrow? Resolution to this case would be a godsend!

I don't know what the general "rule" is but with my local media, once the stories start coming hard & fast like this, an arrest is usually not far behind.

Was it bad or good things come in threes?

I have a feeling that it's not over yet.

IF Raven knew Janet was pregnant -

it will certainly be interesting to know WHEN he found out, and, how he reacted to the news!

I'm just blown away......and once again the stats: the leading cause of death for a pregnant woman is homicide....

Jenifred said:
NO WAY!!! I've got goose bumps reading this. I can't believe it.

I hope that the dam has broken and everything is going to come to light now.

Shame, shame, I know your name!!!
I think this might be the leak in the dike after all. And sticking his finger in won't save a certain blonde guy we all know and loathe.

This is powerful, powerful news.

Steve

:eek: OH MY! I've been away for awhile but this is some interesting news....it seems to be stirring up more attention in this forum as well. I've been a little out of the loop and I apologize for "disappearing" there for awhile. I've been so busy~!

Can anyone fill me in on the latest details other than the pregnancy? I'm having such a hard time catching up!!!! Please PM me if you can give me a brief synopsis of anything new in the last two months....

Ugh, this news is really distressing....those of us who followed this in the beginning didn't think of this did we??

Texasgirl!
Welcome back! Who would have really considered it as a possibility with Kaiden only being six months old. The other big breaking news has been the information regarding computer activity.

Steve, great to see you.

He's loathed no matter what color he has these days, wonder if he's going to be jumping in a pool soon and come out with orange hair.

golfmom said:
Texasgirl!
Welcome back! Who would have really considered it as a possibility with Kaiden only being six months old. The other big breaking news has been the information regarding computer activity.
Thank you so much for your reply Golfmom! I was a little afraid to post again because it has been SO long!!! :blushing:

I will check out the info about the computer activity....thank you again for letting me know. I'd like to get back to sleuthing on this case but it's been SO hard to get caught up with all of you awesome posters!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back