Meet & Greet for New Members #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same question. I'd like info on how to help with cold cases, also how to post cold case files as well as missing persons. Any help would be appreciated. I'm new, and I have a crazy yearning to help. It pains me to see families hurting, no closure. I want to do anything I can to help. Thank you

Find the Cold Case area from the opening page! You will figure the forum out quickly.

Many people check the Missing Persons threads, and compare the descriptions of the missing person -- height, build, location -- to unidentified remains.

Missing people have been identified by work here at Websleuths!

Check out Bennett Wall:

The thread also shows some pitfalls, good to know early. Remember to post full names only when LE or main stream media use a full name -- otherwise stick with initials. We do not sleuth family members -- might look for a bit more information about them, but limit that and NEVER initiate contact with a family member, let LE do that.

Ask questions -- if you have a question, someone else probably wants to know as well.

Read carefully, though, so the question can be asked & answered & not asked asked asked asked....

Enjoy the camaraderie and the vibe & the teamwork!

@MadMcGoo is a rock star at this seek&find activity BTW.

jmho ymmv lrr

Hi, I've just joined today and wanted to say hello to everyone!

I found your forum on a news article about web sleuthing and thought I would check it out. I currently work as a GIS Coordinator (basically I make maps for a living), I am 45 and live in a small Northern Canadian Town. I am dyslexic so if I have a few spelling mistakes please forgive me. Spell checkers work but if the word is a word just not the right one it will not flag it. Like will and well, both words I just don't always use either in the right places, but I do my best.

Well anyway happy to be here and hope to help where I can

Hi, do you guys have a section for people looking for help with fatal hit and run investigations?
Welcome! I don't see a forum specifically for that. Perhaps use the search feature and make a list. If there's enough - the mods would probably consider it. You could also start a thread and drop the cases you find into it. Happy hunting!

I’m sort of new, been lurking since the mid 2000’s but now I’m coming out of the shadows. I work for an Arkansas prosecutor and specialize in family law. I also work for the Arkansas Justice Project as a Senior Contributor. Thanks for having me!

Hi everyone, I joined a few days ago. I am 70 year-old retired British cynic and love true crime mysteries. As a Yorkshireman I tend to speak my mind but in a respectful way and hope I can add a bit of healthy scepticism and common sense when things get too tunnel vision, based on a lifetime of experience. Interested in Claudia Lawrence case particularly as I live in York and feel strongly that her family deserve some answers. Also the Alistair Wilson doorstep murder in 2004 which I have only recently taken an interest in. Got time on my hands and very dogged attention to detail, looking forward to contributing!

Hi everyone, I joined a few days ago. I am 70 year-old retired British cynic and love true crime mysteries. As a Yorkshireman I tend to speak my mind but in a respectful way and hope I can add a bit of healthy scepticism and common sense when things get too tunnel vision, based on a lifetime of experience. Interested in Claudia Lawrence case particularly as I live in York and feel strongly that her family deserve some answers. Also the Alistair Wilson doorstep murder in 2004 which I have only recently taken an interest in. Got time on my hands and very dogged attention to detail, looking forward to contributing!
Welcome to Ws @leuraman, nice to have you here!
Threads..

Just joined a few days ago. Friends looking for people or information always came to me because I had a knack for finding people or information. People say I should become a private investigator, but no thanks. Joined because I lived in a county in Texas that has too many missing people. The latest person found was Carey Mae Parker. I knew her dad long after she had gone missing and lived on the Lake they found her car in. Now interested in the Michael Chambers case as remains have just been found near where his phone last pinged. I love watching the forensic shows on TV and who knows, I may somehow be able to throw something out there that helps brings closure to a family.

Just joined a few days ago. Friends looking for people or information always came to me because I had a knack for finding people or information. People say I should become a private investigator, but no thanks. Joined because I lived in a county in Texas that has too many missing people. The latest person found was Carey Mae Parker. I knew her dad long after she had gone missing and lived on the Lake they found her car in. Now interested in the Michael Chambers case as remains have just been found near where his phone last pinged. I love watching the forensic shows on TV and who knows, I may somehow be able to throw something out there that helps brings closure to a family.
Welcome to @Ws CBistes!
Ws threads..

Howdy I am 62 and born and raised in Houston area and still live between Houston and Galveston and very close to the Killing fields off. Calder Rd. Off of I-45. I know this area well.

I also grew up during the Dean Corll killings and I knew his last victim James Dreymala but he was more of my brothers friend than mine. I do remember well when he went missing his mother calling and asking if we knew where he was and I went to get my brother to talk to her and him telling her he didn't know where he was and would let her know if see him. She was heartbroken. Soon after Henley killed Corll and we found out what happened and were horrified and it still scars me.

Later I actually knew and served in the Army with a serial killer but believe he would probably be considered a spree killer by the name of Ronald Gray. Nobody liked him and most were scared of him. I was not and had stood up to his bullying but after finding the carnage he had inflicted maybe I should have. He was a nasty man and wish they would go ahead and finish his sentence of death but he is in a military death row so who knows.

I also almost caught a serial rapist that has been stalking my wife late 80's whose wife turned him in and wrote a book that was also made into a movie. It was a close call and lucky I was present when he tried to enter our place by back sliding doors. We had a gun and she was proficient with it and I surprised him when I opened the curtain and he saw me. He ran and by the time I opened and was able to get out he was gone. I looked all over but he got away. I shouldn't have taken that second to get my gun I guess but he was nabbed soon after. I made a police report but they put it as a creeper and wasn't till after we found out it was him. His name was James Bergstrom and his wife and author was Linda Bergstrom. Very lucky his wife figured out what he was and finally convinced the police what and who he was and they searched his vehicle and found his rape kit.

I been around for awhile and know about a few other crimes like the I can't believe it's yogurt murders and lived in New Orleans when another serial killer was operating. I always think evil is around.

Anyway thanks for having me around.

Last edited:
Hellou, I‘m helena from austria, 25. I found this forum on a comment on a missing persons subreddit. I thought I‘ll join, missing people, especially abductions, hit hard home because in 1998 my aunt was abducted by a horrible individual but was found alive almost 9 years later now we‘re whole again. So that’s what I wish for all the other missing people.

Hi, I'm an RN from the western US. After working in the PACU (recovery room) for a number of years, I worked with first time moms and families, going to their homes every week or so, from the time they discovered pregnancy until their first baby was two years old. I've got experience in helping victims get restraining orders, obtain custody, and deal with stalking, abuse, intimate partner violence, etc.

I now own a business at the center of community life, and employ mostly college kids. I still retain my RN license and when the business gets fully steady on its legs again (shakes fist at pandemic and looming recession -- lol) I'll get back to nursing.

I still keep a toe in the water by sitting on our local human trafficking team, of which I'm a long-time member. On our team, we bring together state patrol, ICE, social services, FBI, the DA, medical personnel, and educators to bring solutions to the incredibly complex issue of human trafficking.

I've been a long-time lurker here, like so many, and am glad to finally show up.

Hi, I'm an RN from the western US. After working in the PACU (recovery room) for a number of years, I worked with first time moms and families, going to their homes every week or so, from the time they discovered pregnancy until their first baby was two years old. I've got experience in helping victims get restraining orders, obtain custody, and deal with stalking, abuse, intimate partner violence, etc.

I now own a business at the center of community life, and employ mostly college kids. I still retain my RN license and when the business gets fully steady on its legs again (shakes fist at pandemic and looming recession -- lol) I'll get back to nursing.

I still keep a toe in the water by sitting on our local human trafficking team, of which I'm a long-time member. On our team, we bring together state patrol, ICE, social services, FBI, the DA, medical personnel, and educators to bring solutions to the incredibly complex issue of human trafficking.

I've been a long-time lurker here, like so many, and am glad to finally show up.
Welcome to Ws Mad Hattie and to the other fabulous new posters here, nice to ''meet'' you all!

Ws thread for HT.

Good day,

I'm new here and I'm curious as to how exactly this forum works. I understand the basic premise; that it's about 'amater sleuths' discussing crimes and possibly attempting to find more information on them, but what I don't understand is how that works exactly, and I was hoping someone could give me an explanation that's a bit more detailed (the FAQs seemed to focus more on etiquette and rules for using the forums than on the specifics of their purpose).

If you're wondering what I mean by asking how these forums work and what their purpose is, allow me to give you an example. If someone were to post a situation of petty crime that had happened to them, along with all the evidence and knowledge they had about it in the interest of sharing a case that was currently unsolved, would that be ideal for opening up the forums to discussion about it and giving the sleuths here a chance to test their skills?

Or is this forum more about members looking at famous, more serious cases (not brought up by members) that have been in the news and gone unsolved?

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if this question sounds silly; like I said, I'm new here and don't really know much yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member