Meet & Greet for New Members #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi~

I was working on my genealogy and ended up here. I dont believe in coincidence. So the Universe has brought me here for a reason. A fresh set of eyes to look at old cases. I found myself drawn to the missing persons cases 60's and 70's (before my time).

Nancy Reagan, MADD, John Walsh, and Unsolved Mysterious terrified me as a child. I don't watch scary movies, horror flicks, suspense thrillers or anything anxiety producing. Just not my idea of a good time. I think that explains John Walsh and Unsolved Mysterious.

Let me explain the rest. I remember the 80s as "very doomsday" news coverage. The Cold War, the HIV/Aids Epedemic, 'Just Say No', Halloween and MADD. I was grew up in Stockton, CA. My mother was a nurse at the county jail (among other places). Nancy (Mrs. Reagan) had me convinced to say ''no" to EVERYTHING!

I didn't know what PCP, Angel Dust or Marijuana was, but one hit would ruin your life. Psychos putting poison and razor blades in the candy. MADD brought to my attention that Grandma should not be driving. I watched the Challenger Space Shuttle BLOW UP! Then Nightmare on Elm Street.

All those missing and unsolved cases. The Real World is terrifying & Scooby-Doo was right: Monsters are Real.
Hi Faery
We must be around the same age...we used to have a drill where we hid under our desks at school in case there was a nuclear bomb...as if that would do anything? haha
Im here cause I listen to heaps of podcasts and cant believe how much the websleaths have helped cases like Marian Barter..its fascinating, and I would love to help any case. xo

hi sleuths! my name is ariel. ive had a passion for investigating cold cases and putting names to unidentified ever since i got my first look at the internet when i was about 7 or 8. im not new to the topic, but im new to actually putting in work to solve the unsolved. im working my dream job! my specific special case to me is 178UMGA on the doe network. im not going to stop until he has a name, and im perfectly fine doing so!

im so, so excited to get going on WS<3

hi sleuths! my name is ariel. ive had a passion for investigating cold cases and putting names to unidentified ever since i got my first look at the internet when i was about 7 or 8. im not new to the topic, but im new to actually putting in work to solve the unsolved. im working my dream job! my specific special case to me is 178UMGA on the doe network. im not going to stop until he has a name, and im perfectly fine doing so!

im so, so excited to get going on WS<3
welcome. I have always had a special interest in that case as well. I am still so lost as to how he could be hospitalized for a year and no one was able to identify him. Truly disheartening.

welcome. I have always had a special interest in that case as well. I am still so lost as to how he could be hospitalized for a year and no one was able to identify him. Truly disheartening.
yes, me too! i have his police sketch on my desk for motivation to keep working. im young but im smart:)

Welcome to all our new users, just a hot tip if you look at the top right of your screen you'll see a link to our Live youtube show which broadcasts 3 times a week

and we'd love to have you join us!
Thanks I'm trying to figure out the best place to start here.... in my previous roles I was given a starting area so need to figure out where I could actually help!

I’m interested in the Christine Cole case in R.I. As well as all other similar cases in the 86-89 New England Area. Does anyone have a complete list already?
I was one of her best friends who had been questioned upon her disappearance.
Interested in updated thoughts on the case and the courts.

Start here:

Thanks I'm trying to figure out the best place to start here.... in my previous roles I was given a starting area so need to figure out where I could actually help!

head to the cold case area or the missing persons area and try find a case which deserves some more attention and upkeep and champion it yourself, its a great way to help out and when family members google their loved one, they know someone out there still cares
Who can I talk to about starting a mobile app?
you would have to get in touch with the Owner of Websleuths or WS Admin he might know something about it, or if we have plans already in the pipeline for an app

Hi! I have always been intrigued by missing persons, especially older cases. Hope I can learn and help out! Thanks!

Greetings everyone!
My name is Megan and I'm a newbie! I'm 37 years old and from Milwaukee, WI. I have always had an interest in law enforcement/criminal justice. I came across this website today due to Google searching "Helping solve cold cases". I often wondered if their was a way for us non-law enforcement folk to lend a helping hand and was curious if something like this website existed. Well, here I am! It seems I have come to the right place! If anyone has any advice for the new girl, please feel free to message me! I could use a few tips!
Thank you and nice meeting you all!

Greetings everyone!
My name is Megan and I'm a newbie! I'm 37 years old and from Milwaukee, WI. I have always had an interest in law enforcement/criminal justice. I came across this website today due to Google searching "Helping solve cold cases". I often wondered if their was a way for us non-law enforcement folk to lend a helping hand and was curious if something like this website existed. Well, here I am! It seems I have come to the right place! If anyone has any advice for the new girl, please feel free to message me! I could use a few tips!
Thank you and nice meeting you all!
Welcome to Ws MeganLeigh!
Try scrolling through this cold case forum, many WI threads..

head to the cold case area or the missing persons area and try find a case which deserves some more attention and upkeep and champion it yourself, its a great way to help out and when family members google their loved one, they know someone out there still cares

you would have to get in touch with the Owner of Websleuths or WS Admin he might know something about it, or if we have plans already in the pipeline for an app
Thank you I’ll do that :)

Hey all!!! ☺️
Middle (Late-Middle?) aged guy here from Eastern Wisconsin! I’ve been coming here quite a bit over the past few years, so I figured it was time to actually dive in and create an account.
Nice to officially meet all of you!

Hi everyone,
My wife and I are very into true crime, however I have no experience being a web sleuth. I have lost a loved one before and I know that it would devastate me not to be able to get closure or a sense of justice, and I just want to be a part of helping people in any small way that I can. That being said, I could really use any advice anyone has to help me learn the ropes. I really like how helpful everyone seems to be on here and I hope I can return the favor. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow