Meet & Greet for New Members #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, My name is Richard Gill. I’m a mathematician and a statistician from the Netherlands, originally British. I have worked professionally on statistical issues in many criminal cases and also some civil cases. Now a retired professor (Leiden University), busier than ever. I was attracted to the site by the intelligent discussion on the Lucy Letby case, which I’m following closely.

Hello, I'm Richie.

Worked with Jonestown Institute to Translate Documents from Portuguese to English.
You can see on their Website.

Some cases that i watch weekly are

-Asha Degree
-Kenneka Jenkins
-Jonestown and Peoples Temple
-Delphi Indiana Murder

I don't have knowledge on sleuth software even being on IT field, but i do like translations.

Feel free to ask me anything...
1665467738636.png

Hello, I'm Richie.

Worked with Jonestown Institute to Translate Documents from Portuguese to English.
You can see on their Website.

Some cases that i watch weekly are

-Asha Degree
-Kenneka Jenkins
-Jonestown and Peoples Temple
-Delphi Indiana Murder

I don't have knowledge on sleuth software even being on IT field, but i do like translations.

Feel free to ask me anything...
View attachment 372394
Welcome to Ws @richie95, great to know that you can help translate, definitely a plus here!

Hello all!! Just joined today, but i have been a true crime person for many years! This is just the group I have been looking for! Can't wait to get into it! I have no professional criminology skills, but i have been reading and breathing true crime for most of my life!

I have lurked on this site for years off and on. (Sorry for sounding creepy! I am really normal and boring.) Never posted because I am not a big forum user. Just like to listen more than talk, so to speak. Started trying to post today because I thought I had some relevant information, and immediately got smacked down with an unceremonious delete. OK, off to a great start. Was just posting what a local radio host said about a case. I guess I will learn or pretty quickly go back to lurking.

Serious question: Does a lot of the actual "sleuthing" go on behind the scenes in messaging? Or are their more private boards? Or other non-public forums?

It makes me think about quite a few years back when there was a very long-standing and busy thread full of rapid fire and in-depth discussion here around horrible, very public events in a family very close to mine. So many people here were trying so hard to understand, to figure out answers...most with seemingly good intentions. I was reading only. It was maddening because so much of what was written here was so wildly off base and so much key information was just missed. Maybe relevant information was just deleted and/or new voices were openly unwelcome?

Hello everyone. I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for what I want, but I'm looking for a place where I can get feedback from experienced sleuthers on a case that is nearly 50 years old. Is it possible to upload copies of police records in PDF format here? I won't even begin to describe this case before uploading the information because I don't want to taint anyone's thoughts or opinions. Of course I would cleanse the documentation by changing the names of those actually involved as well as the exact location. So, am I in the right place for this?

Hello.
I guess I'm a stranger in this board because I'm writing from Italy and this forum covers the American area.
I'm interested to missing people since I was a kid, because, as my nickname could suggest, I escaped when I was 11 from an kidnapping attempt by a paedophile.
I'm here not to speak about my case, happened so far from the US, but to talk about cases that made the headlines in your country.
I discovered this forum searching informations about Johnny Gosch's case.

Ciao,
V.

Hi there, I'm a Criminology Student from Canada; I've been interested in true crime since I was a kid, and at the moment I'm combing through my library's newspaper archives on a cold case from 1988. My mum knew one of the victims, so it's a little bit more personal for me. Since I'm still in school, I have access to my university's library resources and my Crim. profs, so I can ask them any questions I might have.

Hey guys,

Have a very good day! I'm a newbie here. I want to say hello to all. I hope everyone here is doing well so far.

Thank you so much for your time.
Hello and Welcome. Wishing you and everyone and very good day as well.

I would like first of all to know how to go about posting about a case, because I have two that I would like some insight into, a fresh set of eyes always helps, and one is a cold case, the other is one that was two years ago. The families need some closure, not that it would change anything, but it might bring us some kind of peace. Thanks, much appreciated.

Hi I'm new to the site and I'm here because I'm angry at the way that black and Asian missing persons are treated or not treated as the case may be. I worked for the ministry of justice in New Zealand as a collections officer, so I know how to investigate and what questions to ask. I want more exposure for black and Asian cases. That's why I'm here.

Greetings.
I am a new member of this site, and i'm intrested in learning and gaining information, and also intrested in doing the right thing, If possible could i get some help on what to look for and what to do.

Find a thread that interests you & read!

Are you more interested in unidentified remains, missing people, cold cases, crimes in the news? There is a forum for everyone1

You'll get the hang of it.

Good morning fellow sleuths. So happy to have stumbled across this forum. It seems like members are definitely able to solve some mysteries.

I’m a retired pharmaceutical engineer. Makes me feel the need to explore and use my brain in a positive way.

There too many missing and murdered. In the USA especially but also most other countries.

I’ve been following the Maddie Mcain story since day one.

People are not throw away items and unfortunately there are groups in this country who are considered to be throw away. They are not and in reality, they’re some of the most vulnerable.

I’m from Florida and am very much interested in the Haley Cummings case. These poor innocent babies need as many advocates as possible.

Perry Mason is my favorite tv show. And thusly Paul Drake is my favorite investigator. I love Della, so smart and definitely added value to the trio. Plus she looks like my grandmother at that age.

Thanks for having me over, I’ll bring snacks next time

Hello everyone. Finally joined today. I have always wanted to help solve crimes. I watch a lot of documentaries, and have always wanted to learn how I could help. I'm pretty good at internet searches, and would even be ok with in person searching if necessary. I just have a huge need to help. I just saw a case on unsolved mysteries that bothered me. Young girl in NJ Tiffany Valiante, I live in NY. Nj transit wrote it off as suicide. Nothing about it shows suicide. So, I would like to maybe start there, while also checking out what is already posted and seeing where I can help.

Find a thread that interests you & read!

Are you more interested in unidentified remains, missing people, cold cases, crimes in the news? There is a forum for everyone1

You'll get the hang of it.
I had the same question. I'd like info on how to help with cold cases, also how to post cold case files as well as missing persons. Any help would be appreciated. I'm new, and I have a crazy yearning to help. It pains me to see families hurting, no closure. I want to do anything I can to help. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82