Meet & Greet for New Members

Discussion in 'Welcome To Websleuths' started by Laura Mountford, May 30, 2018.

1. hippygirl50

hippygirl50 New Member

Hi everyone my names Cathie joined yesterday. After watching The Killing Season. I like the fact that you all care so much to help other family's. One day I liked to find out who shot my Cousin in the back. I am a newbie at this but maybe after I get used to the site and stuff maybe I can be a productive person and help others which I have in other ways in my life. Now being disabled and have a lot of time home. God Bless you all and I pray and hopes that everyone can find closure. In whatever their story is.

CarolAnn, teedie2 and Jaanniss like this.
  2. Jaanniss

Jaanniss Member

Welcome Cathie

CarolAnn and hippygirl50 like this.
  3. amytothekate

amytothekate Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! My name is Amy and I'm an IT Project Manager in Western New York. I love competing my former racehorse in eventing, cuddling with my dogs, building beautiful spreadsheets (I never said I was normal), volunteering, and ending the day with a good beer or wine. :D

I've always been fascinated with true crime - I spent most nights as a teenager falling asleep to Forensic Files, and had no idea why this freaked out my parents. ;) I am an adoptee, and spent the last 6 months web sleuthing my way to figuring out the identity of my biological father. Following the successful conclusion of that endeavor, I felt that joining WS would be a wonderful opportunity to utilize some of the skill set I've been honing for a good cause. I'm planning to familiarize myself with the site and will be perusing the forums to find something to work on, and can't wait to get started.

4. hippygirl50

hippygirl50 New Member

ty

5. justinboucher

justinboucher New Member

Hi, I just joined today to see if this is something I'm interested in doing.

I'm a Data Scientist for a healthcare technology company in Southern California, and I was asked by our local police to run some analytics for one of their cases. We ended using this analysis to help make an arrest in the case. I had never really thought about doing something like that before (I know others in my field that do it, I just haven't personally thought about it prior to this), and I'm really interested now to see if the same type of idea could be used to help solve others. But I wouldn't really know where to start, as far as specific cases are concerned.

CarolAnn, hippygirl50, RANCH and 2 others like this.
  6. Golden_Age

Golden_Age Truth-Seeking Dreamer

Sounds like you have a very interesting job, Justin! I hope you find cases you're passionate about and you're able to pursue solving other cases. I think someone in your position can make a big difference.

I'm new to Websleuths, too. I'm from Utah and I have been interested in and researching John and Jane Doe cases for about 6 years now. I don't work in the field, or a field even remotely related to this interest. However, I'd like to contribute anything I can to discussions on cases and suggestions for who some of these missing folks could be. I have become pretty passionate about helping the "nameless" get their name back.

CarolAnn, hippygirl50 and RANCH like this.
  7. PennyBrown

PennyBrown New Member

Hello from NE Ohio! I have been obsessed with true crime since I was in my early teens and am so excited to be part of a group that shares my interest :)

CarolAnn and Mdsociannrs like this.
  8. Mdsociannrs

Mdsociannrs New Member

Hi I'm new here. Not sure if I'm posting in the right place. I heard about Websleuths on a true crime podcast I started listening to today. It's about the disappearance of Tara Grinstead. Nice to meet everyone.

CarolAnn and jadago like this.
  9. Zhensu

Zhensu New Member

Hello Everyone

I am also not sure that I post in the right place. I am from the Netherlands and got the name of your forum in the program of the LISK killer. I can't go out because I am 18 years in bed now. But I can read maybe I kan help searching internet and so on.

CarolAnn and jadago like this.
  10. jadago

jadago New Member

Hello everyone! Have heard about this site for quite sometime now and came to check it out and I really like it so far! Thanks for welcoming me and I hope everyone has a nice evening.

Sincerely
    Janna

CarolAnn and Zhensu like this.
  11. Jimm96Klo

Jimm96Klo New Member

Good day everyone
    I've been visiting the forum quite often and only now decided to sign up

CarolAnn and gogrannypop like this.
  12. hardeeboy

hardeeboy Active Member

Hiya Don, I came across this site for the same reason. I was searching for updates on the Malibu Creek Park shootings this summer since my family still spends part of the year around there. Was troubled by the number of other crime incidents (near miss shootings, missing young people, remains found) happening in our back yard. Also surprised that for some reason these things haven't generated alarm or merited more local media attention in a community where putting in a stoplight makes the front page. I'd expect that with the fat budget the tax base generates that the sheriffs department could mount a more professional and thorough investigation into these cases instead of falsely concluding all missing 20 somethings are either mentally ill or on a drug bender. Why aren't they doing more on behalf of these victims and for their families? When even long time residents have no idea these things are happening, how can they expect to find any leads? Interested in knowing what you've found or heard...I didn't expect to be checking this site as much as I have but there really aren't many good sources of information out there. Good luck!

TatianaBarbie likes this.
  13. queenmanders13

queenmanders13 New Member

Hello! My name is Queen Manders, Manders for short. I have really gotten into listening to Crime podcasts and was directed here. Excited to get into the discussing really any cases and talking about theories.

14. Mingsmom

Mingsmom New Member

I am Mingsmom. This is not my first Websleuth encounter. I actually joined years ago to investigate Beth Doe UF168.

15. Knyteshayde

Knyteshayde New Member

Hi all,
    Excited to join the group and put my brain to more use than my day job. Looking to learn all I can from everyone here. Here I go, I'm jumping in.