Meet & Greet for New Members

Discussion in 'Welcome To Websleuths' started by Laura Mountford, May 30, 2018.

1. bezel

bezel New Member

Hello, been lurking for a little bit and just now introducing myself. I'm 35, I live in St. Louis, MO. The libraries here have extensive archives, so if anyone needs help finding info please reach out to me.

Goodie, Jaanniss and Bravo like this.
  2. MalteseMama

MalteseMama New Member

Hi! I'm new to the group. I was watching the LISK documentary today and saw WebSluths mentioned. I have been interested in cold cases for many years. I am a nurse manager living in the southwest gearing up for the summer heat! I am a cancer survivor and now want to do the things I enjoy and am most interested in, so here I am!

Goodie, Jaanniss and Bravo like this.
  3. DrLladnar

DrLladnar New Member

Hello WebSleuths,

Just joined from Albuquerque, NM. I was inspired to join by seeing this site mentioned favorably by a documentary on Netflix last night.

I'm a software engineer/scientist type, so I'll be looking for inspiration for programs I could write to help in this realm. If you have ideas, let me know.

Later,
    Randy (Lladnar is Randall backwards...)

gogrannypop, Jaanniss and Bravo like this.
  4. bethjaye

bethjaye New Member

Hey Randy,

I just joined from Wales and had to let you know weirdly, in my first language 'llad' means slaughter, or to kill. Anecdotal but hi.

Beth

Mind your biscuits likes this.
  5. bethjaye

bethjaye New Member

Hello all,

My name is Beth and I have just joined. I was born and raised in North Wales and now work in North of England. I'm interested globally in all and any unsolved crimes but particularly interested in missing persons cases and theuse of new technology to find them.

Anyway, thanks

Beth Jaye

Mind your biscuits likes this.
  6. DrLladnar

DrLladnar New Member

Well, what could be more appropriate?

Goodie likes this.
  7. Calgacus

Calgacus New Member

Hi all, just joined. I live in Scotland, UK. A girl from my school when I was a kid became a victim of Robert Black. I came across this forum when learning about 'Jock' and Jane Doe. I don't think I'll be able to contribute much, I'm not law enforcement. But look forward to engaging with you all.

Goodie likes this.
  8. Goodie

Goodie New Member

Hey... I'm so excited to be here. I'm a super duper true crime enthusiast, particularly interested in LISK and many other unsolved cases. I look forward to learning and sharing from and with all y'all! My grandfather was an LAPD detective in the 40's. It must be in the blood.

9. Goodie

Goodie New Member

Me too! Just finished the LISK documentary and here I am. @#$% Cancer! Go girl!

10. Jaanniss

Jaanniss Active Member

Welcome to all ... here since August of last year so all is new for me as well .... happy sleuthing

11. truelime

truelime New Member

Hi everyone!! I'm M, I'm 18, and I'm a newer true crime enthusiast! I've been listening to Crime Junkie and found this site b/c of them. I don't really have any "favorite cases," but the idea of cold cases and helping to further them along is really cool... so we'll go with that. :)

12. MLaps

MLaps Member

My goodness I forgot to do this!

My name is Marie, and I’ve been obsessed with true crime for as long as I can remember. I’m 39, married with one little dude who turns five tomorrow!

I remember being obsessed with the Amy Fisher case and Jon Benet. I can watch True Crime docs all day, currently watching Madeline McCann.

I get my fix with podcasts, right now I’m listening to Cold, since I’m caught up with all of my others.

I look forward to sleuthing with you!

13. JulieAnne89

JulieAnne89 New Member

Hi, I'm Julie. I only got into true crime a few years ago when I came across the channel Investigation Discovery. I mostly stick to watching stuff from that channel and listening to Nancy Grace's podcast, but will sometimes check out videos on YouTube or stuff on Netflix. There are many cases I find interesting, but the most interesting to me are the murder of Caylee Anthony and the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

14. Liz F.

Liz F. New Member

Hello, sleuths! I'm new here, but not new to murder mystery. I grew up on "Muder Road", which is the fun name everyone in my school gave it when I needed a ride home after play rehearsals. I started a Reddit to try to compile some info about the murders, but I have to be honest. I don't get Reddit. I've always hope at least the murder of Kathy Menendez would be solved. I have my theories about Sarah Boehm. Anyway, here's a link where you can find the few actively usable links to info about the murders:
    Fewtown Road Fact and Fiction : LF713

15. HumboldtOz

HumboldtOz Well-Known Member

Hi

I’m HumboldtOz and super new.

I’m very interested in all of these missing persons cases we have in Chicago. I feel like no one is putting these together. For example, a pregnant postal worker went missing in fall. Last week a 9 month pregnant teen went missing and she’s due to give birth this weekend.

We have multiple cases of attempted kidnappings reported in the city. How many of these people who go missing were actually taken by these people? Something is going on here.

Does anyone know if there’s a forum dedicated to this?

Thanks
    H

16. joeltodd

joeltodd New Member

I joined a couple days ago after watching "the killing season" on Netflix. I have been interested in unsolved serial killers for awhile now, mostly Zodiac, Jack the Ripper and BTK until he was caught. Zodiac has my most attention, b/c of his taunting the police and others. I hope to get some insight into these and other cases.
    JoelTodd

17. Mamabearof3

Mamabearof3 New Member

Hi I just joined today. I'm a mother of 3. I have a daughter and 2 sons. My 1 son was a survivor of a child predator. Our neighbor was previously convicted of kidnapping and molesting 2 boy scouts that came to his door to sell popcorn. Because he was arrested just prior to Megan's Law he didn't have to register as a sex offender. So my family moved in across the street and we had no idea of the trauma he would eventually cause. I would like to know how to go about changing laws as I wish no other child goes theough what mine did. As a family with an extensive support system and counseling I am happy to say my son has grown to be a wonderful caring young adult. Since the incident that changed our lives in 2002 our son is a teacher with a masters degree and a loving wife.

18. JuniperBreeze

JuniperBreeze New Member

Hi all, just signed up after finishing a Sword and Stone podcast dual episode about Natalie Bollinger. Been addicted since I found it. This site was mentioned a few times.

I'm from NJ, but now live in TX. I'm married, 35+ without kiddos yet.

I signed up when I saw there was a post for a 4yr old named Maleah that recently went missing. I knew I was in the right place, I think her stepfather's story is BS since I first heard it.

19. JuniperBreeze

JuniperBreeze New Member

Sorry to hear that happened to your son, but glad to hear he made himself a successful life despite it.

20. Jane Gault

Jane Gault New Member

Human psychology, especially deviant behavior, has always been of interest to me. I believe I will find plenty of unfortunate examples in reviewing some of the cases on this site. I will certainly be of assistance if I can. I find myself with down time while caring for a Parkinson's sufferer. During his naptime I keep things quiet so I spend a great deal of time on the web. I am in the process of familiarizing myself with the nuances of the site and look forward to being active soon.
    See you in the forum. Jane