Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex vs Associated Newspapers

maggieg

Reaction score
The Mirror did a live blog of the proceedings

Meghan Markle court hearing - all you need to know as case begins in High Court

"In his remarks, David Sherborne, for Meghan Markle, has accused the defendant of stirring up a “dispute” or “estrangement” between the duchess and her father, saying they previously had a “particularly warm” relationship before the “rift”."

JMO, M cant control other ppls portrayal of her and opinions. She needs to ignore it and move on but her PR is more damaging to her than her relationship with her dad. She just cant handle negative opinions and they are going too far with these lawsuits. She wants to be loved by all but realistically no one can achieve that.

BBC radio news today described the court case as the Daily Mail being sued for making content of a private letter between a daughter and her father globally known.

I liked the simplicity of this. It's what it boils down to, at the end of the day.

Meghan Markle accuses Mail on Sunday newspaper of "humiliating" her father

Oh please. She is the one who is humilated because she got caught writing a nasty letter to her dad. But, blame is put elsewhere because she thinks her "royal status " allows her to freely express . Well, media can freely express too and they called her out. She made a mistake by writing the letter and allowing her friends to talk about it. MOO

_110388076_hi058914945.jpg

MM didn’t make a mistake. The press has acted with spitefulness in order to profit from the visibility of the royal family. It’s a clear demonstration of the press’s desire for profit.

I am hopeful MM will prevail for the benefit of all of us concerning our need for privacy and specifically for her family.

IMO

ETA for emphasis

Last edited:
_110388076_hi058914945.jpg

MM didn’t make a mistake. The press has acted with spitefulness in order to profit from the visibility of the royal family. It’s a clear demonstration of the press’s desire for profit.

I am hopeful MM will prevail for the benefit of all of us concerning our need for privacy and specifically for her family.

IMO

ETA for emphasis
She made a mistake. She underestimated what the royal family truly means. They were reporting the truth and many reports have been proven true and she is angered they told it first. MOO

She made a mistake. She underestimated what the royal family truly means. They were reporting the truth and many reports have been proven true and she is angered they told it first. MOO
What does the royal family really mean in your context? Please, I would like to understand your perspective.

Respectfully MOO

She is the one who is humilated because she got caught writing a nasty letter to her dad.

I really didn't find the letter she wrote to her Dad nasty however I do find a lot of what he has said about her and the amount of times he has consented to be interviewed about her to be nasty.

I don't ever remember thinking shame on her for writing that letter to her Dad or even that she showed it to her friend/told her about it, if I was in that situation I would definitely have a friend read that letter before I sent it.

I personally think that if they were going to take legal action they should have filed it much sooner than they did. Its bringing up so many things that I think would long have been forgotten if they hadn't waited so long and also announced their case in the manner that they did while on tour in Africa.

I do think that they'll win the copyright action but I think what they will dredge up with this case will but multiple times worse than the letter which personally I didn't find bad. I think that even if the people magazine article wasn't requested by MM she knew of it before it went to print and also I think she has asked other people to leak things to the tabloids for her.

If she was close to her Father and the tabloids tore them apart then isn't this where they're getting them to testify against each other in a court case giving the tabloids even more power in ruining their relationship?

I really didn't find the letter she wrote to her Dad nasty however I do find a lot of what he has said about her and the amount of times he has consented to be interviewed about her to be nasty.

I don't ever remember thinking shame on her for writing that letter to her Dad or even that she showed it to her friend/told her about it, if I was in that situation I would definitely have a friend read that letter before I sent it.

I personally think that if they were going to take legal action they should have filed it much sooner than they did. Its bringing up so many things that I think would long have been forgotten if they hadn't waited so long and also announced their case in the manner that they did while on tour in Africa.

I do think that they'll win the copyright action but I think what they will dredge up with this case will but multiple times worse than the letter which personally I didn't find bad. I think that even if the people magazine article wasn't requested by MM she knew of it before it went to print and also I think she has asked other people to leak things to the tabloids for her.

If she was close to her Father and the tabloids tore them apart then isn't this where they're getting them to testify against each other in a court case giving the tabloids even more power in ruining their relationship?

IMO It's unbelieveable that any parent could do to their child what Meghan's father has done to her. Shamelessly running his mouth off to any rag that will give him the time of day and threw a few quid at him for it. That entire side of the family are incredibly toxic. Remember that dreadful brother of hers in Oregon writing that awful letter to Harry and trying to wreck her wedding, then whining she wouldn't help him when he was homeless and jobless. Then there's her horrendous sister constantly bashing her any chance she could get, most likely from pure jealously. If only they were half as refined and dignified as the lovely Doria.

They obviously have absolutely no respect for Her Majesty The Queen either to carry on the way they have. Claiming to be outraged on her behalf and then bashing the wife of her beloved grandson and mother of her great grandson. Fame/Money hungry, jealous attention seekers IMO.
JMO

JMO, M cant control other ppls portrayal of her and opinions. She needs to ignore it and move on but her PR is more damaging to her than her relationship with her dad. She just cant handle negative opinions and they are going too far with these lawsuits. She wants to be loved by all but realistically no one can achieve that.

True, but she lacks in accepting reality and rationale. ‘Do as I say, not as I do’

If the case proceeds to trial, it is possible the five friends could be asked to testify on oath about Meghan's claims. They have never been named, with People magazines c referring to them as 'Meghan's inner circle – a longtime friend, a former co-star, a friend from LA, a onetime colleague and a close confidante'.

Five of Meghan Markle's best friends could be called to give evidence | Daily Mail Online
If it can be shown that Meghan and friends colluded, the case will be completely different. Meghan will not be able to use the defense of privileged communication.

MOO not a royal watcher.
To me this all appears to be toxic palace politics with extra accelerant from racism and class snobbery which if like most super hierarchies, is most virulently enforced by gossip and whispers of subordinate staff.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back