Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex vs Associated Newspapers

I agree Boxer. In reality, its the principle behind the lawsuit(s) they want won. They have enough money of their own.

My opinion is exactly the opposite! I think the whole thing is more about PR -both the lawsuit and the potential donation. And, I'm sure, like most celebrities, there is never enough money....

The news/tabloid/social media should stop reporting on them altogether. They aren't really doing anything interesting or important. They don't want the coverage, so just stop. People have more important things going on in their lives, there's more compelling news happening in the world.
The vast majority of articles about them currently are, imo, clearly coordinated PR put out by their own PR people (Sunshine Sachs, among others).

My opinion is exactly the opposite! I think the whole thing is more about PR -both the lawsuit and the potential donation. And, I'm sure, like most celebrities, there is never enough money....
Of course a lot of lawsuits are like that, but in this case the DM sent an attractive powerful lady (Carolyn Graham head of DM US) to meet in Mexico with Thomas Markle (along with other lucrative courtings like the fellow that paid him to take pictures while getting tailored for the wedding) and was able to have him bond with the DM and ultimately give them a personal letter from M., ostensibly he based his action based on this article:
Meghan Markle's Best Friends Break Their Silence: 'We Want to Speak the Truth'

Last edited:
The vast majority of articles about them currently are, imo, clearly coordinated PR put out by their own PR people (Sunshine Sachs, among others).

MOO what I see mostly is the daily stream of negative articles by the sued entity in the lawsuit, the Allied Press: Which is the DM, the Sun, the Express, as well as their alumni reporters and associated "royal" reporters.

Last edited:
MOO what I see mostly is the daily stream of negative articles by the sued entity in the lawsuit, the Allied Press: Which is the DM, the Sun, the Express, as well as their alumni reportes and associated "royal" reporters.
Meghan Markle is the most popular royal worldwide | Woman & Home
https://www.womanandhome.com/life/r...pular-royal-worldwide-according-to-huge-study

After a Rollercoaster Year, Harry and Meghan Are On “Much Better” Terms With the Royal Family—And “Optimistic” About 2021

Meghan Markle's favorite holiday recipes resurface ahead of first California Christmas with Harry | Daily Mail Online

Queen Elizabeth II ‘burst out laughing’ after opening Meghan Markle’s Christmas gift

How to Re-Create Meghan Markle’s Best Style Moments for Yourself

Meghan, Harry take centre-stage as Kate, William get snubbed at Prince Charles's home

Prince Harry he surprises previous winners of the WellChild Awards in a video call | Daily Mail Online

Pretty much the entire first page of google results are positive PR articles. These are clearly PR, not organic... As you put it, they aren't doing anything interesting or important. They are going to quite a bit of effort to keep their names in front of the public, as their future success depends a lot on it.

And I agree with the prior poster, the lawsuit is about PR and controlling the stories written about them.

https://www.womanandhome.com/life/royal-news/meghan-markle-is-the-most-popular-royal-wor
[URL]https://www.womanandhome.com/life/royal-news/meghan-markle-is-the-most-popular-royal-worldwide-according-to-huge-study
After a Rollercoaster Year, Harry and Meghan Are On “Much Better” Terms With the Royal Family—And “Optimistic” About 2021

Meghan Markle's favorite holiday recipes resurface ahead of first California Christmas with Harry | Daily Mail Online

Queen Elizabeth II ‘burst out laughing’ after opening Meghan Markle’s Christmas gift

Meghan, Harry take centre-stage as Kate, William get snubbed at Prince Charles's home

Prince Harry he surprises previous winners of the WellChild Awards in a video call | Daily Mail Online

Pretty much the entire first page of google results are positive PR articles. These are clearly PR, not organic... As you put it, they aren't doing anything interesting or important. They are going to quite a bit of effort to keep their names in front of the public, as their future success depends a lot on it.

And I agree with the prior poster, the lawsuit is about PR and controlling the stories written about them.

ldwide-according-to-huge-study[/URL]

MOO, these are good to see.
I think the DM is turning to keep up with the tide since these are very recent.
The virulent lying about Frogmore needs repair though.
In any case, my opinion only, I really like them and hope to see lots more of them in the future.

MM needs to understand that all ppl get negative critiques . The playing the victim game is not good for anyone. If she took responsibility for her actions then there would be more positive reviews. Many past episodes have been proven true ( her lying about involvement with the FF book which is listed in court docs with her admission. ) The court does not lie.

https://www.womanandhome.com/life/r...pular-royal-worldwide-according-to-huge-study

I'd have to see the data on that claim of being most popular. They claim to have "blended" and "normalized" the data from several polls. Ok. If they're trying to say they did a metanalysis of the polls, that's different.

I've also never heard of Women and Home Magazine. Maybe its a new one. These online magazines come and go so quickly these days.

Yes, public opinion shaping, reputation management and PR have become a very lucrative industry. People who excel in this fields usually make their big money during political election campaigns. In the off years, they supplement income with celebrity and corporate PR campaigns. With the advent of social media, the opportunities to make millions is greater than ever. Everyone wants to create a "brand" and sell it, whether or not they have anything to actually sell.

MM needs to understand that all ppl get negative critiques . The playing the victim game is not good for anyone. If she took responsibility for her actions then there would be more positive reviews. Many past episodes have been proven true ( her lying about involvement with the FF book which is listed in court docs with her admission. ) The court does not lie.

It probably doesn't help for them when articles state they are "on better terms" with the royal family, when all appearances indicate that's not the case. JMO, that kind of messaging could make things worse.

I wonder if Harry is having any regrets for having abandoned his family, cutting ties, etc. As a year passes, he's probably wishing he could do things differently. JMO . There reasons for cutting ties still seems unclear to me. Its an odd situation.

But the publication of the book above, and their assistance in writing it, has probably burned a lot of bridges between Harry and his family. JMO

It probably doesn't help for them when articles state they are "on better terms" with the royal family, when all appearances indicate that's not the case. JMO, that kind of messaging could make things worse.

I wonder if Harry is having any regrets for having abandoned his family, cutting ties, etc. As a year passes, he's probably wishing he could do things differently. JMO . There reasons for cutting ties still seems unclear to me. Its an odd situation.

I am sure they miss things.
But MOO take away the glamor of royalness and a family dynamic no one would would want to be around or raise a child in emerges.

I'd have to see the data on that claim of being most popular. They claim to have "blended" and "normalized" the data from several polls. Ok. If they're trying to say they did a metanalysis of the polls, that's different.

I've also never heard of Women and Home Magazine. Maybe its a new one. These online magazines come and go so quickly these days.

Yes, public opinion shaping, reputation management and PR have become a very lucrative industry. People who excel in this fields usually make their big money during political election campaigns. In the off years, they supplement income with celebrity and corporate PR campaigns. With the advent of social media, the opportunities to make millions is greater than ever. Everyone wants to create a "brand" and sell it, whether or not they have anything to actually sell.
BBM
They probably polled the execs at Sunshine Sachs.

I am sure they miss things.
But MOO take away the glamor of royalness and a family dynamic no one would would want to be around or raise a child in emerges.

Harry and MM were free to raise their son as they wished within the royal family. They had their own home, could choose the schools for the child, choose his nanny and in every aspect, raise him as they wished. They were free to come and go and live their lives the way they wanted.

All that was required was that they not bring shame or embarrassment to the royal family or use the royal family to conduct business for private profit.

Prince William and Kate have managed well, as have their cousins, Mike & Zara and others. There's no evidence whatsoever of a difficult environment in which to raise a family.

Harry and MM were free to raise their son as they wished within the royal family. They had their own home, could choose the schools for the child, choose his nanny and in every aspect, raise him as they wished. They were free to come and go and live their lives the way they wanted.

All that was required was that they not bring shame or embarrassment to the royal family or use the royal family to conduct business for private profit.

Prince William and Kate have managed well, as have their cousins, Mike & Zara and others. There's no evidence whatsoever of a difficult environment in which to raise a family.
Sorry this is too far from the topic of the lawsuit.
Leaving the UK and the lawsuit are two different things.
MOO I see copyright infringement.
I see no other possible judgement than it was copyright infringement to publish the letter from M to her father.
MOO The sued entity, Allied is a vast media empire strangely not restricted from bashing the plaintiff.

Not to mention that this is "the family she never had." And that statement by Harry is what led to her family publicly objecting, which ultimately led to this whole lawsuit. There's always so many storylines, nothing is straightforward. And she keeps pushing certain storylines despite them being obviously untrue. Finding Freedom being a perfect example.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back