Melissa E testimony

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by Kimster, May 26, 2011.

1. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

5/26/2011

2. Loading...

3. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

You can click on the arrow next to wenwe4's name and go to the area of the trial thread where each witness is being discussed! :woot:

4. mydailyopinions

mydailyopinions New Member

Casey's head shaking during Melissa's testimony of hearing her say what a good liar she is, is certainly interesting.

I caught something quiet similar myself during a jailhouse visit.
    http://www.wftv.com/video/18205807/index.html

Around the 12:21 mark, when the break screen comes up where she cannot see her parents, she clinches her fist, then says.."one more minute" Almost like she only has to keep up lying for 1 more minute.

It was noticeable to me back when these videos came out, but more so now that Melissa said this today about hearing her when she boasted about lying so well.

5. twomanywords

twomanywords I know I meant to write toomanywords

Does anyone have the link to Melissa's testimony today? I can only find part 8 on Wesh. I wanted to hear the part about KC being proud to be a good liar.

Thx:)

6. i.b.nora

i.b.nora I am polka dot

I think Melissa England's testimony is going to prove to be very very important. There was so much going on during those few days. Now I need to piece it together with Troy Brown's testimony to see for sure. But, it seems that Melissa's is the first to suggest that things maybe weren't as rosy as Casey wanted everyone to believe.

7. Pink Panther

Pink Panther New Member

I missed her testimony today as well and would like to see if it if someone has a link!

8. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

9. xin

xin New Member

Melissa: class act.

10. SuziQ

SuziQ Active Member

Poor girl flies into Orlando for a couple of days and ends up a witness in one of the biggest cases in decades.

ITA xin. Melissa is a class act.

11. JennaB

JennaB New Member

I agree. I felt bad for Melissa and others who barely knew Casey and ended up being witnesses for this case. Melissa reminded me a lot of Maria Kissh from yesterday. Two classy young women who by association of others ended up noticing things that were off with Casey and Caylee.

I wouldn't be surprised if Melissa or Maria disliked Casey during the time she spent with them.

12. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Here is video of this gal testifying.

http://www.wftv.com/video/28038601/index.html

I gotta' say, watching JB is painful. It's some of the worst lawyering I have seen at times.

I mean, he's trying to use every dirty trick in the book that he can and he succeeds in getting things before the jury that way, but I think it is having the opposite effect on the jury.

Also, his ridiculous questions to all these witnesses about how they don't know how Caylee died or when she died or where - wth? I guess he's trying to make the point that the state is railroading poor casey because they have nothing relevant to say and yer the state flew them down, put them up, etc. Epic, epic FAIL. They are here to show how casey acted. He needs a new tactic because it is grating and annoying and I'm sure the jury is getting sick of it.

Finally, I simply CANNOT stand the way he says: "Now, you saw xyz, did you not?" One should never ask "did you not" when questioning a juror. It can be very confusing to the witness and it's something you learn very quickly either in law school or when before the court.

I accidentally said "didn't you?" once early on in my career and a judge just stopped me short and said "Don't ever use that kind of negative in questioning!" I had learned that in law school, so I knew better and it was embarrassing. It was the only time I did it. Yet JB uses it repeatedly. A better way to cross would be to say: "You saw xyz, correct?" or "true" or even "right?" or "would it be fair to say you saw xyz?"

Rant off.

Anyhow, I thought this gal was a pivotal witness due to the statement casey made about being a good liar. Fantastic!