Melissa Huckaby and the Unthinkable Sex Object

I know we've heard she swallowed "razors" or "x-acto knife blades," but if that were true wouldn't they have to have been removed surgically? Wouldn't she have been kept in the hospital longer than she was? Wouldn't we have heard about the surgery?

But then I know nothing about swallowing foreign objects. The blades could have been enclosed in something to protect MH from harm. Would NurseBeeMe be able to chime in on this?

I had the exact same thought, Ingrid. I would think swallowing several xacto blades would have done a lot of internal damage, unless, as you said, they were incased in something. If I remember right, MH was out of the hospital the day after she was admitted.

I know we've heard she swallowed "razors" or "x-acto knife blades," but if that were true wouldn't they have to have been removed surgically? Wouldn't she have been kept in the hospital longer than she was? Wouldn't we have heard about the surgery?

But then I know nothing about swallowing foreign objects. The blades could have been enclosed in something to protect MH from harm. Would NurseBeeMe be able to chime in on this?

Hi Ingrid,

I would certainly think she would require surgery -- but have heard that taking a large amount of buckwheat (or some type of wheat turns to glue, and surrounds the knife). Thus, not requiring surgery. Could be an ol' wives tale as well.

I, too, have the same questions. What hospital did she go to? How come family and friends are not talking about this? Why didn't a reporter ask the pastor or his wife? I'm beginning to think it's all for not, and didn't happen. Remember the day she was waving as she was driving to the police station? She didn't seem in pain to me (especially driving).

And "if" she were trying to commit suicide, keeping the plastic cover on it would do no good (darn). Also, wouldn't the x-acto knives be presented as evidence if she takes up the loony defense?

Oh - so many questions.

Best,

You're welcome -- sometimes I need a swift kick in the rear :) I can only imagine what's in that autopsy report. But does it bother you that in all the criminal cases of years past, that this information does come out? And I've heard some pretty horrific ones - like Danielle Van Dam and the infamous hand print on the trailer (just above the bed). The outrage that caused in San Diego was intense, and I'm suprised Westerfield ever made it to death row without a bullet in his head.

I have studied a bit on forensic decomp (which is one reason they never found she was raped -- the animals had taken away all evidence). But in the Caylee case, I'm interested in the plant growth by/in the body to determine how long Caylee had been there. That's going to be a bombshell at court. So yes, I'm interested in all those things.

Little did Mellissa know - that waterproof suitcase will do her in. It certainly protected a ton of evidence (IMHO).

Thanks again,

No, no kicks in the rear, Melanie. You're just a thinking, feeling human being who can't bear the thought of what might have happened to Sandra. Her kidnapping and murder was bad enough, but when the charge of rape by instrument was added, it became horrific and even more terrible because the perpetrator was the mother of a young child herself.

IMHO, by not releasing the autopsy results, the judge is trying to protect the integrity of the case against MH, and also added expense (and lengthening of the trial process) if the defense moves for a change of venue because they say the jury pool is tainted. They may do it anyway, but if the autopsy results were unsealed, you could just about guarantee MH's defense attorneys would demand a change of venue and file all kinds of motions to disallow evidence and dismiss the charges. It's hard enough for a DA to prosecute a case in their own jurisdiction with all the defense grandstanding and hijinks we have today. It's extra difficult to do it long distance.

I had the exact same thought, Ingrid. I would think swallowing several xacto blades would have done a lot of internal damage, unless, as you said, they were incased in something. If I remember right, MH was out of the hospital the day after she was admitted.

Hey Guys - if you look in the attempted suicide thread you will see that NurseBeeMe did weigh in on this very issue. Like you, I thought at a minimum MH would need some kind of surgery to get the blades out, but apparently the Docs can now put some kind of scope down the throat with a magnet on the end and get the stuff out :eek::eek:. I know, I know, its unbelievable! But Nurse is a bonafide nurse and she says surgery generally is NOT necessary.

I don't know how someone could swallow x-acto blades. It makes me cringe to just type about it. The very thought is just soooooooo - I don't know - weird!

Salem

Hey Guys - if you look in the attempted suicide thread you will see that NurseBeeMe did weigh in on this very issue.
(Respectfully snipped by lngrid)
Salem
Thanks for telling us that and thanks for saving Nursebeeme the trouble of replying. (Guess I better read that whole thread...)

Allowing my speculative thoughts to delve even deeper into the dungeons of depravity...

IF, as I speculated above, the 'Exacto' type razor/knife blades were used in the alleged mutilation of this sweet child, might the perp have swallowed the blades in a 'suicide' attempt as a means to:

1.) 'keep' a 'trophy'/'momento' of the 'event'?
2.) 'hide' the evidence/weapon of torture?
3.) try to 'share' and somewhat 're-create' the pain caused by this weapon, as a sick way of 'bonding' with the victim, and/or, out of guilt for what Sandra was subjected to?
4.) all of the above?

Again, I can not stress enough that this is just speculation on my part.

But, it is also a thought I haven't been able to shake these last couple of weeks.

Was Huckaby trying to emulate the death of Sandra?

Did Sandra die from internal bleeding?

I am not sure of the object she used but I do think the genital trauma was severe. Maybe enough to cause massive internal bleeding.

I would like to know if Huckaby actually swallowed the exacto blades or threatened to do so. I also wonder if her grandparents called 911 and told them she was threatening to kill herself. She wasn't in the hospital that long to have serious trauma herself but she was in there long enough to be held and then assessed by psyche doctors before being released.

imo

The rumors about the Exacto blades struck me as bizarre also. Why would someone try to kill themselves by swallowing blades, rather than simply cutting their wrist? If someone DID swallow blades like that, I just don't see them being released from the hospital as quickly as MH was. I would think they would keep her in the hospital for a longer time on suicide watch. Regarding the possible "public outrage" over the autopsy results - all of your thoughts are valid, but my first thought was that perhaps Sandra was actually dumped in the pond while still alive. This case is so horrible to think about, you just can't get your mind around it. I still get tears in my eye when I think about little Jessica Lunsford, and I vividly remember the outrage I felt - and still feel - over that tragedy.

Regarding the swallowing of the blades... for those of us having trouble understanding how it could be possible to expel them without surgery...

Right after the story broke in the media about Huckabee's alleged suicide attempt by 'X-acto' knife blades, both 'Nancy Grace' and 'Jane Valez Mitchell' had medical experts on their shows explaining why there wouldn't be more damage to Huckabee's body.

Nancy Grace even showed pics of various 'X-acto' knives.

The medical expert, on NG, stated he assumed that Huckabee wrapped each blade, (which he pointed out are rather small when no longer attached to a knife) in a piece of bread, or something similar, to swallow it/them down.

Experts on both shows stated that once the blades make it to the stomach, the digestive system takes over, and literally protects the body by wrapping the foreign object(s)/the sharp blades, in stool ('stool' is the word he used)... which acts as a blanket, or cushion, surrounding the object, then the body empties itself of the stool in the usual manner.

It was said, on both shows, that it is uncomfortable, even painful, but rarely deadly. Neither expert on either show seemed to think this was a particularly unique way to try to kill oneself. I got the feeling they have seen it all.

Sorry, no, I do not have links to either show, but they probably won't be hard to find, for someone who is more Internet and computer savvy than I.

I can certainly see were that would cause outrage within the general public and I must admit I had not considered that. What I had considered is... and it makes me sick to even type this...a crucifix (large cross). The repeated searches of the church is what made me consider this as repulsive as it is.:mad:

I have also had this unspeakable thought:furious:

I am thinking not that mh is SYBIL, but more like SYBIL's MOTHER!!!!
A sadistic, child abuser, molester and MONSTER!!! The father was meek and never seemed to notice IIRC..........

Me and a bunch of other sleuthers on here posted at the same time in different threads (synchronistically) that in our recollection the most predominant case that stuck out in our minds was: Sybil's Mother!

Wonder what the analysis of the bed showed? Maybe, no sperm (unless male perpetrator also present), but other bodily fluids of the perp?

I hope I am not going overboard here but when my daughter was "young" she had Labial adhesion, basically she did not have a vagina opening. Dr said no worry mom, I could tell you to put estrogen cream on it and it will open, or you can wait until she goes through puberty and let it happen on it's on, and it did. Just wondering if Sandra also had this and that would have required the razor blades. Sorry if was wrong to post, but just a thought in reference to the razor blades.

I hope I am not going overboard here but when my daughter was "young" she had Labial adhesion, basically she did not have a vagina opening. Dr said no worry mom, I could tell you to put estrogen cream on it and it will open, or you can wait until she goes through puberty and let it happen on it's on, and it did. Just wondering if Sandra also had this and that would have required the razor blades. Sorry if was wrong to post, but just a thought in reference to the razor blades.

Has anyone placed razor blades in the church or in use in relation to Sandra? :eek: This is very nearly too much to contemplate...

All I've ever heard relative to them is that MH supposedly swallowed them in a grandstanding bid for attention.

Yes... a cross/crucifix.
This idea had also occured to me.

Me too. I tried to think of what would be so extreme that the State assumes the public would be totally outraged enough to taint the jury pool right out of the box. We have a young girl who has been sexually raped with an unnamed object (and then murdered) perhaps in a church. A crucifix immediately came to mind. It's satanic, isn't it?

Does this mean that Sandra's mom does not know what happened to her daughter?

Regarding the possible "public outrage" over the autopsy results - all of your thoughts are valid, but my first thought was that perhaps Sandra was actually dumped in the pond while still alive. This case is so horrible to think about, you just can't get your mind around it. I still get tears in my eye when I think about little Jessica Lunsford, and I vividly remember the outrage I felt - and still feel - over that tragedy.

Could very well be. I think some perpetrators don't care whether the victim is alive or dead when disposing of a body--in many cases which I have read of. Another one I think about is Natalie Holloway. Did they dump her in the ocean when she was unconscious? Did she awake and then drown? It's horrible to think about, but that doesn't stop my mind from questioning because it does apply to the "heinous" nature of a crime.

I am sorry to post that link but I do wonder if Melissa has some kind of taboo fetish that she wanted to act out or maybe take pics of or video, webcam.Again, sorry if I am offending anyone but it is happening.

:furious:

Woman accused of webcasting sex act with dog

Updated: Mon Apr. 27 2009 6:19:05 PM

The Canadian Press
TORONTO — A woman in Lakeshore, Ont., has been charged with sexually assaulting her young child and dog and broadcasting the acts over the Internet via a webcam.
Ontario Provincial Police received a complaint Saturday from someone who said he had viewed the incidents on his computer the night before.

Has anyone placed razor blades in the church or in use in relation to Sandra? :eek: This is very nearly too much to contemplate...

All I've ever heard relative to them is that MH supposedly swallowed them in a grandstanding bid for attention.

Sorry if you are confused, I was responding to post #65,66,67, and 71.

I am sorry to post that link but I do wonder if Melissa has some kind of taboo fetish that she wanted to act out or maybe take pics of or video, webcam.Again, sorry if I am offending anyone but it is happening.

:furious:

Woman accused of webcasting sex act with dog

Updated: Mon Apr. 27 2009 6:19:05 PM

The Canadian Press
TORONTO — A woman in Lakeshore, Ont., has been charged with sexually assaulting her young child and dog and broadcasting the acts over the Internet via a webcam.
Ontario Provincial Police received a complaint Saturday from someone who said he had viewed the incidents on his computer the night before.

Maybe. We live in a very bizarre world.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back